Probable ideal grp setup?

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
I think a lot of groups will work well.

5x priest ofc being the most scary to face :)

But basis for any group should be 2x priest. Not even going to say one has to be holy spec. Even shadow spec priests can heal, and deal dmg if needed :)

2xpriest + mage warrior paladin
2xpriest + 3x rogue

2xpriest + anything (well cept maybe hunter)

Warlocks for shadow debuff + priest's vulnerability would freaking hurt tbh

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i would love a castergroup, insane dps and good CC

so i would say:

2 x priest

2 x mage

and 1 shaman

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
at the mo it seems that pvp will be best for casters in grp setups with very little need for tanks.

i actually think 3 mages 2 priests will do fine

or 2 priests 2 mages and a druid so druid can heal, buff, root there tanks and also go in for combat

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Wyleia said:
I think a lot of groups will work well.

5x priest ofc being the most scary to face :)

But basis for any group should be 2x priest. Not even going to say one has to be holy spec. Even shadow spec priests can heal, and deal dmg if needed :)

2xpriest + mage warrior paladin
2xpriest + 3x rogue

2xpriest + anything (well cept maybe hunter)

Warlocks for shadow debuff + priest's vulnerability would freaking hurt tbh

hunter mana drain > all

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
for instanced 5v5 :

Priest
Druid
Warlock
Mage
Shammy

For zerg shit :

Priest
Mage
Mage
Mage
Druid

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Squalion said:
hunter mana drain > all

5x Priest mana burn > hunter mana drain :p

I've regularly duo'd with a priest and we were very successful.

Casters are no good against the uber dragon in azshara apparently

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Priest - Healing
Priest - Healing
Druid - Backup CC/Healing and DPS
Mage - CC and Damage
2handed warrior/Rogue - Damage

PvP

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
5x Priest mana burn > hunter mana drain :p

engeneers get a pretty uber mana draining bomb at 300 skill allso, and its aoe.
with 5 engeneers in the group you could easely drain all the mana of any opposing group within the first few seconds of the fight ^^

Zedenz said:
Druid - Backup CC/Healing and DPS

druid is the lowest dps class in the game ^^

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
paladin can fk off and be replaced with someone useful

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
thought about this and here is my idea -

3 Mages
1 Warrior
1 Full Restoration speced Shaman

Why a Shaman? Due to the Mana Totems that you get when fully Rest speced will keep all the Mages toped up, and you wont need much healing power with that kind of combined firepower.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Kokelimonkelmedisin said:
engeneers get a pretty uber mana draining bomb at 300 skill allso, and its aoe.
with 5 engeneers in the group you could easely drain all the mana of any opposing group within the first few seconds of the fight ^^

yeah but thats gonna be a couple of very expensive seconds

1 arc bar = 3 arc bombs

1 arc bar requires a thorium bar and an arcane crystal and is on a 48 hour cooldown..

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
yes spells like "only useable on undead" wont work on undead players, as they are considered as humanoids (was in some patch note afaik)
that suxor :(
my priest has no chance against a undead rogue.cant fear. cant shackle.
my absorb shield is taken down in under 5seconds by a rogue 3lvls below me... im 48 atm wit 600dmg absorb shield.
i mean i know the game all has classes that can beat other classes etc. but i find that most classes i fight its a fair scrap being able to go either way with the exception of chain shock interupt/freezing shaman forks but i can give em a run anyhow.
but a undead rogue there is absolutely nothing i can do afaik cept wait for death.
i do think that a horde grps have the advantages with racial traits.
but apart from that most grps are well rounded.
atm i been running in a priest mage warlock hunter rogue grp.
reason for this? its the 5highest lvls in my guild :p
we do fine except for lvl differences atm. ranging from 41 to 55 rogue to mage wit rest in the middle.
as long as our warlock has shards for soulstones and pets (which he usually doesnt :( damn him!) were ok.
against average grp we meet of priest shaman or 2 wit a rogue or 2 and a few warrior we have met alot. say priest. shaman 2rogues and warrior (we meet this kinda often)
mage polys their shaman and warlock sedcues priest. then our rogue and hunter will happily try and gank the warrior while mage and warlock go for rogues. warlock dotting to stop em using vanish and mage just blasting while i try not to die. as tbh priests do seem to be main targets. i spend most of my time shielding and healing myself while waiting for mates to kill all the people who go for me.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
as tbh priests do seem to be main targets.

Tell me about it (priests will always be the main target) and you're right about the undead rogue... why do you think there are so many of them..? i think it took Doomy 2/3 hits to take me down last night, there's _nothing_ u can do against them... maybe get one DoT off but thats it.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
Tell me about it (priests will always be the main target) and you're right about the undead rogue... why do you think there are so many of them..? i think it took Doomy 2/3 hits to take me down last night, there's _nothing_ u can do against them... maybe get one DoT off but thats it.

fear and swiftness pot till your out of combat, then hop on your elite mount and do /rude if hes still after you :p

As an undead myself, i wouldnt mind seeing WOTF being swatted with le bat or whatever, but blizz said they wouldnt be nerfin WOTF but rather beefing the other racials, so there you have it. UD rogue> *.*

also, ppl who say shackle undead should work on undeads need to take a fucking hacksaw to their head

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
also, ppl who say shackle undead should work on undeads need to take a fucking hacksaw to their head

y? ur undead arent u? y shouldnt it not work?
it breaks on any dmg and is upto a minute... an all u gotta do is use vanish. to get out of it like any other form of cc. hardly like its gonna tip the balance that much. may just give us a few seconds to slow u so we have a chance.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Gat_Decor said:
Wouldn't PW:S > Focused Casting/Martyrdom > Mind Control work?
There's always Desperate Prayer, but you chose not to have it in favour of Elune's Grace/Starshards.

WoTF should be down once MC break, and you could fear as much as you want?

*note* Haven't played priest so it's just a stab in the dark.

Lakashnik: The forsaken cound as humanoids, not undead.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Wouldn't PW:S > Focused Casting/Martyrdom > Mind Control work?

you cant cast if you've been stunned/sapped whatever it is, and if you were to put up PW:S it only protects for 700 damage(roughly at my level) and there's only a small % chance that you will get focused casting anyway to cast MC.. but anyway this is off topic :)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
i know they do. but they are referd to as the undead by it seems all because... well they are undead heh. and even with improved psychic scream (the only fear wpell priests get) there is a 26second recast period. which is more than enough time for a a rogue to kill u as MC works for the full 1minute very rarely in my experience, it laso has i think a 4second cast timer (i think cant remember, im a great priest :p) which is still a hell of a long time when a rogue is whacking away at u, another quick point is that a FAP against a rogue doesnt make to much difference when they have a good 3or4 stun moves from the start and i have no speed bursts or anything to get out of range of them. an desperate prayer can give u a lil extra time. but being its on a 30min cooldown its not to useful when mainly all i find are undead rogues after me. or 1 decides to try an camp me.

i have asked some higher lvl priests how they try to deal with them on my server. but most seem to either not be able to or are ignorant and brag about killing rogues that sound totally incompetant(sp?)

an sorry if this has lead the topic astray abit. didnt mean to. sowwie

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
i know they do. but they are referd to as the undead by it seems all because... well they are undead heh. and even with improved psychic scream (the only fear wpell priests get) there is a 26second recast period. which is more than enough time for a a rogue to kill u as MC works for the full 1minute very rarely in my experience, it laso has i think a 4second cast timer (i think cant remember, im a great priest :p) which is still a hell of a long time when a rogue is whacking away at u, another quick point is that a FAP against a rogue doesnt make to much difference when they have a good 3or4 stun moves from the start and i have no speed bursts or anything to get out of range of them. an desperate prayer can give u a lil extra time. but being its on a 30min cooldown its not to useful when mainly all i find are undead rogues after me. or 1 decides to try an camp me.

i have asked some higher lvl priests how they try to deal with them on my server. but most seem to either not be able to or are ignorant and brag about killing rogues that sound totally incompetant(sp?)

an sorry if this has lead the topic astray abit. didnt mean to. sowwie

Their fear is an instant cast with a 30 second cooldown.

From my experience, without all the pots and stuff as I can't be arsed with those yet, priests normally fear me after my cheap shot wore off. Then follow up with a renew/dot and a shield. Then they start mind blasting/mindflaying me till I get near them. Once I get in range again it's either go for a quick combo build up followed buy a gouge to get the 5th combo point; Cold Blood -> Evis -> Blind -> Bandage -> ( gained 100 energy during the time.. ) -> Stealth/Cheapshot again -> probably dead by then.

If I can't get the CB/Evis + Blind off before they fear me again I'm lost and eating dirt fast.. else I'll have a good chance to take them down.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
Their fear is an instant cast with a 30 second cooldown.

From my experience, without all the pots and stuff as I can't be arsed with those yet, priests normally fear me after my cheap shot wore off. Then follow up with a renew/dot and a shield. Then they start mind blasting/mindflaying me till I get near them. Once I get in range again it's either go for a quick combo build up followed buy a gouge to get the 5th combo point; Cold Blood -> Evis -> Blind -> Bandage -> ( gained 100 energy during the time.. ) -> Stealth/Cheapshot again -> probably dead by then.

If I can't get the CB/Evis + Blind off before they fear me again I'm lost and eating dirt fast.. else I'll have a good chance to take them down.

yes non undead rogues arent to bad to deal with. fear controls them. its the undead 1s were complaining about mainly who cant be feard if they are smart enough to use their racial trait before attacking.
a normal rogue i find qutie easy to get. usually fear then dot then a renew and mind flay em untill they are close to me (dot also helps stop vanish). then self shield. and mind blast this usually takes em to low hps by time my shield goes down again to which i have gained about 500hps bck from the renew but having low hps from the intial attack.
non undead rogues are usually a challange but a fairish fight against.
but fear being a priests only real means of CC in pvp against undead we are hard pressed to fight. altho that is also the reason dorf priests are so useful. just a shame i made a human before knowing wht the racial abilities were :( ah well at least i have self insta heal... and a purple glow for my wep i look teh shizzle! :p

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
its ok, one day all the idiot rogues will realise they should have taken armoursmith.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Lakashnik said:
just a shame i made a human before knowing wht the racial abilities were :( ah well at least i have self insta heal... and a purple glow for my wep i look teh shizzle! :p

its great, you can use perception and dot rogues, and laugh at how good they are without openers

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
its great, you can use perception and dot rogues, and laugh at how good they are without openers

i always 4get about perception.. dont think even got it on my qbar
*slaps head* that might be abit more useful. altho its only really useful when u know there is a rogue around. which most rogues will wait for the right opportunity before going for u. so not to helpful on the 1st attack.
ah well at least its a bit better.
seriously im constnatly 4getting about hlf my spells :( maybe thats y i stand no chance...

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
At 57 this is what I do vs rogues:

In shadowform...

Get stun locked

spam fear

devouring plague as he runs off
dot
pw: shield
mind flay
run
wait for fear to come back, shield, etc