Probable ideal grp setup?

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
priest, shaman, mage, rogue, rogue. imo ^^, and as many of em undead as possible ;o

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Glacier said:
priest, shaman, mage, rogue, rogue. imo ^^, and as many of em undead as possible ;o

you need more than 1 class that can dispell friendly I think.

I think paladin is probably the ideal group char that way no matter what the
trusty paladin can always get the priest out of poly/hibernate ^^

S

Sasha

Oo

Atm Warriors suck big time (with few exceptional players), and there is no reason to take a Warrior as a damage taking (Tank) member, while u can take a Paladin (Alliance ofc), who has better AC and can provide some xtra heal. Damage differences are minor, and u dont actually take one of those classes to do damage...Mages are there for that.

I agree that there is no FoTM grp at least for now, as there is always some other setup that will get u. Just make grps that u feel are fun to play and learn how to play them well:)

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Game will prolly go in waves when it comes to balance as for example Daoc did, who played merc/bm at daoc release and what was fotm a gang of patches later. So fotm allways depends who much youre willing to reroll when patches hit.

I'll go warrior, may be bit gimp atm ye but if they adress (and they have aknowledged the problems) the rage generation as an example they will be ok/strong.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Coccas said:
kinda like light tanks in daoc :)

rouges ARE the light tanks in WoW...

they have THE highest DPS of all the melee classes in the game :)

but also dies really fast if the healer is stupid :)

id like to see paladins or warriors get a 1500+ crit :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
i got a grp with some friends, were going like this: rogue specced for max dmg, dw warrior (if thats the most dmg spec..) hunter, warlock and priest. Hope we got cc enough. the warlock and priest wont be doing the dmg, rahter concentrating on keeping the enemies occupied while the 3 man assist train do their thing.

2x fear, curse of tunges + pet on a caster and priest pbaoe fear / mindcontrol and whatever cc i forgot. Wellplayed it should be enough :D

we didnt aim for perfect setup as most of the team are totally new to mmorpg's and pvp (they didnt care much for the pvp thing as they are very dedicated roleplayers, both live and board). Tho the pries and me (warlock) are quite experienced, while the other 3 should be able to learn stick and assist ;D

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
there is one thing im worried about :O what spell work in pvp and wich doesnt ? :D

else the priest got _alot_ of cc... especially vs horde... pbaoe fear, mind control, normal fear, shackle undead (mezz undead).

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
there is no normal fear, it's all pbaoe, shackle undead doesn't work vs. players afaik (it doesn't in duels anyhow), mind control is a 5 second cast where you can't do anything else and if you take dmg it breaks, not very good CC ..

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
there is no normal fear, it's all pbaoe, shackle undead doesn't work vs. players afaik (it doesn't in duels anyhow), mind control is a 5 second cast where you can't do anything else and if you take dmg it breaks, not very good CC ..

Warlock has single target fear :) The Succubus pet also has a single target focus messmerize spell (it cant do anything else while seducing the target etc).

And Crispy, most spells work same in pvp as in pve in wow. Bliz designed the two systems to integrate from the bottom up. About the only thing that has no use in pvp is Taunt.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
personally at the moment i am leanign towards

2 priests - holy/disc

druid - entagling root is the win

mage - polymorph (not really useful against good priests but can help)

an exceptionally good warrior

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
Mage Mage Priest Priest Warrior

All bloody Undead, all leading in with WotF, then start slamming the insta poly, insta dd, insta silence, insta dispell.

Warrior interrupts, executes and generally tries to make the squishy ones focus on not dying

Hum, what to do as alliance :m00:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
priest paladin mage rogue rogue/warlock

not sure if its a good idea to make caster based grps as alliance thanks to fear immunity on undeads. (well we got fearward from dwarf priests , dunno if that gives 100% immunity or not though)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
shackle undead doesn't work vs. players afaik (it doesn't in duels anyhow)

yes spells like "only useable on undead" wont work on undead players, as they are considered as humanoids (was in some patch note afaik)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Warlock has single target fear :) The Succubus pet also has a single target focus messmerize spell (it cant do anything else while seducing the target etc).

And Crispy, most spells work same in pvp as in pve in wow. Bliz designed the two systems to integrate from the bottom up. About the only thing that has no use in pvp is Taunt.

he specifically said priest.

paul you named my current spec which no one likes for priest (sorta).

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Not much point in takeing a Warrior in their current state with rage generation, added to the fact that any half decient player/group will root the Warrior out the fight way before he/she can build up enough rage to cause any real damage.

Group wise 3 Druids 2 Rogues stealth group played well would be pretty much unbeatable.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

A 37 warrior I grouped with did a 1200 crit yesterday. At level 60 anything below 10000 is possible. I've heard higher as well, but I'd like to see a screeny before I belive it.

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Warrior can reach over 10k+ dmg with a slow weapon and a lucky crit, while using Execute with a a full rage bar.

Execute just does sick damage.

Execute (Rank 5)

Attempt to finish off a wounded foe, causing 600 damage and converting each extra point of rage into 15 additional damage. Only works on enemies that have 20% or less health.

With a full rage bar, that's 1875 extra damage.

Ouch.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Elvo^Rylu said:
Warrior can reach over 10k+ dmg with a slow weapon and a lucky crit, while using Execute with a a full rage bar.

Ouch.

yes, but count to the fact that rage builds so slow its mostly impossible to get a full rage bar in a fight... my warrior at lvl 20 have problems building up a full rage bar when i fight. so u will very rarly get to use a full rage bar worth of execute. if at all... and if u DO manage to get a full rage bar it would mean u spent most of the fight in default attack mode, and should be insta kicked from the group coz of it.. execute is EXTREAMLY situational.. in NO way can u have that style included in any tactic planning.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Garok said:
Group wise 3 Druids 2 Rogues stealth group played well would be pretty much unbeatable.

would only work in the druids got improved prowl 5/5. and i doubt any druid that isnt gonna be full feral is gonna get that only for that group setup..

Teiten

Fledgling Freddie
with the players i have avalible in my current guild i'll be leaning towards:
paly
druid
priest
rogue
rogue

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
I think maybe

priest
3 * mage with iae
and last spot for druid (would need to be eng for the unsheeping device)/priest/pala

3x frost nova, at least 1 scream excelent aoe dammage
and 3 polys if you need to break it down to single targets
not to mention at least 4 silences (5 if u get a 2nd priest) if the mages are arcane and
the priest has some shadow.

2 healers and if pala u get stuns extra armor for the squishy mages/priest
+extra dispeller and if you get druid you get nice armor buff but that can be
dispelled, entangle, sleep for warlock pets or other pets + stuns etc

will win the most group fights tbh, now that I have looked at all the classes :)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

With a full bar of rage a Warrior can actually outdamage a Rogue, getting hit with a slow 2h normal attack, Whirlwind, Mortal Strike then Execute is gonna be in a whole world of hurt.

Its all situational, the Rogue has the advantage of having all his DPS at the start of a fight, the Warrior having it towards the end..

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gef said:
With a full bar of rage a Warrior can actually outdamage a Rogue, getting hit with a slow 2h normal attack, Whirlwind, Mortal Strike then Execute is gonna be in a whole world of hurt.

Its all situational, the Rogue has the advantage of having all his DPS at the start of a fight, the Warrior having it towards the end..

... add in cleave with deep wounds bleeding and sunder armour just to add to the effect ;)

It is very balanced in WoW and yes, situational in the rage sense, but hopefully the patch will help alot with rage generation :)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Just being able to use Overpower if sunder/hamstring gets dodged will be awsome :)

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Gef said:
Just being able to use Overpower if sunder/hamstring gets dodged will be awsome :)

I want the cooldown to be relative to the weapon speed, for those of us that dual wield and like fast attacks :p

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Garok said:
Not much point in takeing a Warrior in their current state with rage generation, added to the fact that any half decient player/group will root the Warrior out the fight way before he/she can build up enough rage to cause any real damage.

Rage potions come in handy here, and the priest / pally should dispell any negative group effects anyway. Also, free action potion fixes root :)

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Elvo^Rylu said:

Ouch.
Just that you can only use it at 20% health(which is 1000 hp at max I think?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom