Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Unequivocally we've learned that Bodhi pays extra for "roaming" - which is what people haven't had to do in Europe.

Until now.

Something included in the contract is "extra" is it.

K m8. Seems your maths is just as lacking as your comprehension skills. £30 = £30, so is the same.

Divot.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Indeed. I've never paid more than a tenner.
Who with and what for?

Only provider near where I live that does 4G LTE unlimited is EE - and I use that for my broadband. Get 65-70Mbps down and about 12-15Mbps up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
O2 and ID Mobile don't charge for data roaming.
Yet. They'll use it as a differentiator for a while, but eventually if everyone is doing it then it's stupid business to not grab the free cash whilst they're allowed to.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Who with and what for?

Only provider near where I live that does 4G LTE unlimited is EE - and I use that for my broadband. Get 65-70Mbps down and about 12-15Mbps up.
Unlimited minutes and texts and 16GB with Giffgaff.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Unlimited minutes and texts and 16GB with Giffgaff.
Great for a phone contract but completely unuseable for me unfortunately. :(

Having said that, I've very specific requirements from a phone contract due to having one (and a bit) towers available to me...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have to admit, I pay £40 a month, but I like shiny things. I pay another £7 for a tethered tablet, think I get 5g data, but never needed it.

O2, coverage is wank everywhere I need it, so will likely change when my contract is up.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Larry the cat will resign next, proper fucked.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I pay £12 a month for 2 phones on sky.
Both have 2gb data a month and currently have 116.79gb in the piggyback thing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm going to O2 I think. I'll have to check but I'm hoping I can sign up to a two-year SIM-only contract with EU roaming included. And I have Virgin broadband which apparently will give me x2 data allowance.

Bye bye Giffgaff, it's been fun for the 3 weeks I've been with you.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm going to O2 I think. I'll have to check but I'm hoping I can sign up to a two-year SIM-only contract with EU roaming included. And I have Virgin broadband which apparently will give me x2 data allowance.

Bye bye Giffgaff, it's been fun for the 3 weeks I've been with you.

Check out ID mobile, they use the same network as O2 iirc.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I reckon even without the whole Brexit thing, that the UK providers would have ended up doing something about the more than generous roaming tariffs. Over here (south of Spain) the number of expats using their UK numbers as primary means of contact was huge. I'm talking about several years or even decades in some cases.

It was at the end of 2020 (I think?) where the a lot of these users here received letters from their phone companies saying that their unlimited roaming would be removed, followed by their average usage and the average customer's usage (3x less than these power users).

I get the unlimited usage but I don't think it was used as intended where people were in their 'home' (read: phone company's country of operations) country a month a year at most.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesn't matter where you are @gunner440 - the technology is agnostic to countries. It has to be programmed to charge for different borders.

"Roaming" is the default. And is actually a marketing term for "we want to charge you extra for using your mobile phone" - which is why those charges were banned until brexit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Doesn't matter where you are @gunner440 - the technology is agnostic to countries. It has to be programmed to charge for different borders.
I'm sure it's more that the providers have to pay to use infrastructure in other countries rather than borders. The tech might be agnostic (in that you can seamlessly switch from country to country) but there are still licenses and whatever else.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Previously it was also licenses, but now UK is outside EU a different set of rules apply that are frankly not in interest of consumers on either side

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Previously it was also licenses, but now UK is outside EU a different set of rules apply that are frankly not in interest of consumers on either side
Profiteering. They were all making a killing anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There are agreements/arrangements in place for roaming within the EU (and the providers' ability to charge extra for it) and now the UK isn't in the club the providers can do what they want. Nothing's changed about the actual costs involved.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Of course if the mobile phone companies were playing fair they'd tell us what these "connection charges" actually are. You know, considering each call or byte of data has to go through an office where a man stamps a form or something.

I mean, it isn't as though these calls aren't simply data, pootling along some internet cables somewhere, along with all the other data that's subsidised by everyone. It definitely isn't the case that they're just charging more because it's no longer illegal, is it?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

It's pretty amazing.

I saw a quote earlier from the MP for Dover saying 'It's got nothing to do with Brexit, it's to do with the French not investing enough on their borders.'

So why are the French having to invest more into their borders? Because of aliens?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
It's pretty amazing.

I saw a quote earlier from the MP for Dover saying 'It's got nothing to do with Brexit, it's to do with the French not investing enough on their borders.'

So why are the French having to invest more into their borders? Because of aliens?
Because the bloody French voted for Brexit of course! They should bloody well have to pay!

Oh wait.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom