Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyway, the hypocrisy is startling :)

Is it hypocrisy though? Really? If we were running a tally of "did good v. monumental fuckups" between 2016 and now, the UK would have literally one "did good" on its balance sheet. That shouldn't offset all the monumental incompetence of UKGov in pretty much every other area, including having one of the world's highest death tolls from COVID in the first place.

I'd be the first to agree the EU has fucked up royally on vaccines, and heads should roll, but probably won't. Although frankly I'm baffled as to why vaccines were seen by the member states as part of the EU's purview anyway, given all the healthcare systems are national and unique. But massive as this fuckup is, its a tactical problem. What's going on in UK ports right now is strategic; UKGov signed a treaty at the 11th hour due to stupid games by Boris Johnson (and yes, this is very much at his door) which basically didn't get proper oversight. Most MPs didn't even read it, and even if they had, they're not subject matter experts anyway, they wouldn't have noticed all the stuff that was missing. Unfortunately you need "experts" for that, and we know how UKGov feels about those...

The question is, how are they going to fix this? And does anyone believe the Tories are competent to do so? And no, tearing up the treaty and starting again is a non-starter.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I mean, whinging about people talking about faults and fuck-ups from the EU, accusing people of gloating over deaths, of all things.

Then quite literally switching over to this thread for obvious gloating.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have not gloated here with this new information and I also did not criticise the UK success re vaccines- I stated there may be more to the issues with AZ than were being communicated.

In fact Wij who posted the article here pointed out that the EU had fucked up in the other thread.

so who is the person gloating in this thread?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Eu still failing miserably at vaccinating, weeks after it became an obvious problem, mayhaps they need to double-check with each other (again) whether it's the right thing to do? Perhaps it's time to arrange a meeting to discuss it?

Last edited:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Nothing new and not as surprise really since they were slow to buy and therefore behind the delivery curve..

Yoni

Eu still failing miserably at vaccinating, weeks after it became an obvious problem, mayhaps they need to double-check with each other (again) whether it's the right thing to do? Perhaps it's time to arrange a meeting to discuss it?

Figures appear to be old also ...it is still slow but over 400k have been vaccinated in Sweden - c. 3.8% not the 1% reporter in this article.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

We're shit, but not quite as shit as the article suggests. Ireland is currently at 5%, not 1.9%.

Its still fucking woeful, mainly because they've had to do a complete rejig of the plan because of the AstraZeneca thing (there aren't enough cold storage locations for the other two vaccines).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Brexit won't affect the Irish peace process they told us all the time:

Image-923612.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He will just have to pay a competitive wage, supply/demand. Also, less unemployment, higher wages.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

I think that's been the plan all along. Agree to a border in the Irish Sea then do fuck all about enforcing it until the EU feels it has to put one in the island of Ireland to protect the single market and then claim it was the EU that put the border there not poor old UK.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am sure loads of people download 25gb to their phone when abroad.

Do they not have wifi in the EU yet?

Ormorof

FH is my second home

At least up here in the civilized world public wifi is going way of dodo, unlimited data for all.

I use a about 40gb a month apparently 🤷‍♂️

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

Most expats over here in Spain either have 2 numbers (UK and Spanish) or just their UK and have been getting by using their UK phone as their main phone over here and I suspect it's the same in other British expat hubs around Europe.

A few people I know received letters early this year saying their unlimited EU usage would end with Brexit and that from 1 June there would be limits imposed on roaming data usage. One of the letters said that they "noticed that more than 75% of their usage is international".

With what I imagine are new restrictions placed on UK phone companies by the EU operators, I don't see why they shouldn't start charging for the beyond 'reasonable' international usage.

Yoni

I have had unlimited and 100gb everywhere else for a long time and would not be without it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom