Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If only they would...
Others do carry reasonable debate, regularly. @Job doesn't ever try to start or even engage in debates, he lobs a grenade in and walks away. There are some... stubborn... personalities on here but @Job is just toxic.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Others do carry reasonable debate, regularly. @Job doesn't ever try to start or even engage in debates, he lobs a grenade in and walks away. There are some... stubborn... personalities on here but @Job is just toxic.
To me reasonable debate requires a certain amount of respect between the parties, something which is sorely lacking around here. Somewhat evidenced @caLLous by your hitting the dislike button and bolding the word do in your reply, like I'd miss it in the sentence if you hadn't taken the trouble.

I'm no fan of @Job but it still confounds me on an daily basis how many here hold themselves apart from him whilst behaving no better.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What has me using emphasis got to do with (dis)respect? I thought it was worth highlighting because, for all the failings of all the other people on here, this is a noticeably nicer place when @Job isn't around. And no, that's not because literally everybody apart from him has been "conditioned by the MSM", it's because it seems like all he does is try to get under peoples' skin. That's not debate (it's not even conducive to debate - people often try which is usually exactly what leads to this very discussion) and it certainly isn't respectful.

I disliked your post because your default response whenever this comes up (and the fact that it comes up repeatedly should be quite telling) is to tut at other users, as if anybody else on here can be compared to him. His account has been temporarily banned on at least two occasions, he's had warnings slapped on his posts and it looks like he's had at least one warning privately. To shrug it off and say "you're all as bad as each other" isn't constructive (or remotely accurate) imo.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What has me using emphasis got to do with (dis)respect? I thought it was worth highlighting because, for all the failings of all the other people on here, this is a noticeably nicer place when @Job isn't around. And no, that's not because literally everybody apart from him has been "conditioned by the MSM", it's because it seems like all he does is try to get under peoples' skin. That's not debate (it's not even conducive to debate - people often try which is usually exactly what leads to this very discussion) and it certainly isn't respectful.

I disliked your post because your default response whenever this comes up (and the fact that it comes up repeatedly should be quite telling) is to tut at other users, as if anybody else on here can be compared to him. His account has been temporarily banned on at least two occasions, he's had warnings slapped on his posts and it looks like he's had at least one warning privately. To shrug it off and say "you're all as bad as each other" isn't constructive (or remotely accurate) imo.
Because the emphasis was not necessary. It makes it read that you're labouring a point you've struggled to get across to me, except you haven't struggled because you've only just made it.

For what it's worth, you brought up @Job not me. It's also worth pointing out that if it is noticeably nicer without him then @Job doesn't need to be removed by me or @Jupitus or anyone else for that to happen. Everyone has access to the ignore feature that works instantly and is as permanent as you choose to make it. What we see though is that everyone continues to engage with @Job rather than ignore him and engage elsewhere so they get what they get. Most of the threads on here are one form or another of groups or individuals repeatedly and pointlessly re-engaging with the nonsense over and over again. All for what? So at some point he maybe concedes something and they win at arguing with @Job on the internet?

<Sarcasm> Well *clap* ... *clap* ... fucking *clap*... what a worthwhile exercise that will be. </Sarcasm>

I was not going for anything like "as bad as each other" as you suggest. Rather it would be nice to see some of our regulars take a step up out of the gutter themselves as it saddens me to see everyone playing down there. Personally I'd rather be posting bad clips from Superman 3 or talking about games like @Scouse suggested.

By the way, I notice you didn't appear to have the same stance your taking with my posting when @Embattle basically said the same thing.
I stopped directly reading nearly everything he posts a long while ago, I get the gist of his current posts by those who believe they can change him by endlessly replying to him....you haven't and you won't.
That's literally earlier in this same thread.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I have never made generalisations to this forum, I barely mention you in person.

Its actually 100% the other way around, you personally attack me, stereotype me and belittle me on a daily basis.

But hilariously its me upsetting you and it says everything about your response that the way for acceptance is to generally agree but just bicker over the details.

Then its I dont understand, which is a fine argument if you followed it with how rather than assumed superiority.

Several members of this forum just auto facepalm everything I post, almost entirely because they dont like its message, then accuse me of not engaging.

Its not nicer when Im not around because you dont have a common enemy and start on each other far more often.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Because the emphasis was not necessary. It makes it read that you're labouring a point you've struggled to get across to me, except you haven't struggled because you've only just made it.

For what it's worth, you brought up @Job not me. It's also worth pointing out that if it is noticeably nicer without him then @Job doesn't need to be removed by me or @Jupitus or anyone else for that to happen. Everyone has access to the ignore feature that works instantly and is as permanent as you choose to make it. What we see though is that everyone continues to engage with @Job rather than ignore him and engage elsewhere so they get what they get. Most of the threads on here are one form or another of groups or individuals repeatedly and pointlessly re-engaging with the nonsense over and over again. All for what? So at some point he maybe concedes something and they win at arguing with @Job on the internet?

<Sarcasm> Well *clap* ... *clap* ... fucking *clap*... what a worthwhile exercise that will be. </Sarcasm>

I was not going for anything like "as bad as each other" as you suggest. Rather it would be nice to see some of our regulars take a step up out of the gutter themselves as it saddens me to see everyone playing down there. Personally I'd rather be posting bad clips from Superman 3 or talking about games like @Scouse suggested.

By the way, I notice you didn't appear to have the same stance your taking with my posting when @Embattle basically said the same thing.
That's literally earlier in this same thread.
Fair enough, for the most part. I didn't think anything of the bold bit (and it wasn't attached to the dislike), it wasn't intended as you've understood it. I don't believe in mechanically ignoring people, all it takes is for one person to reply to him and a thread can quickly become derailed by the subsequent back and forth. I rarely reply to him directly nowadays because it's simply not worth the thinking time to try and extract a single point or conclusion from most of his posts. I've said before (as have others), in the spirt of that @Embattle post, that the easiest way to deal with him is to just not bother reading his posts and maybe he'll get bored and go away but someone (admittedly sometimes me) usually falls for something he says and responds to it.

Job

Moonbat as usual, he doesnt even acknowledge the vote, its evil capitalists and racists looking for someone to blame or a way to make a buck.

Not the slighteset reference to anything that people dislike about the EU, their opinion is worthless to him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Moonbat as usual, he doesnt even acknowledge the vote, its evil capitalists and racists looking for someone to blame or a way to make a buck.

Not the slighteset reference to anything that people dislike about the EU, their opinion is worthless to him.

He's just calling you a victim Job, get over it :)

Job

Im all for it, another reason for the EU to take more control.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Im all for it, another reason for the EU to take more control.

I'm confused.

You're all for taxing the tech giants or you're all for the EU?

Or are you being sarcastic?

It'd be nice if we could do a similar thing, but let's face it, we can't really.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm confused.

You're all for taxing the tech giants or you're all for the EU?

Or are you being sarcastic?

It'd be nice if we could do a similar thing, but let's face it, we can't really.

He hardly ever makes sense. It's contradictory nonsense.

Job

Theyre really going for it , but Im not sure they know what they want to be.

Ah the French, so unfathomable.

Gwadien

Theyre really going for it , but Im not sure they know what they want to be.

Ah the French, so unfathomable.

You should tell the people on the forum you're getting these articles from that we've left the EU so there isn't really much benefit for the continued criticism, unless you're planning to move to France ofc, which I'd be surprised if you did. No, actually, I wouldn't, moving to a foreign country and trying to get them to change their laws because you don't like them seems a very you thing to do.

Job

So nothing to do with the EU, UK or Brexit then?
Very much to do with brexit, weve only been gone 10 minutes and the French are jackbooting.

But we're the Nazis probably

Gwadien

Very much to do with brexit, weve only been gone 10 minutes and the French are jackbooting.

But we're the Nazis probably

I think the French can and will do whatever they like regardless if we're in or out of the EU.

The idea that we have to run everything past the EU is a Brexiteer concept which simply isn't true.

Job

Lets see shall we when the Americans knock on the EUs door to ask who's in charge.

Gwadien

Lets see shall we when the Americans knock on the EUs door to ask who's in charge.

The EU will go tell them to fuck their selves because they have the united ability to do so.

Whereas we don't.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

You do realise it's not the United States of Europe right?
They are separate countries and can make their own choices and laws.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think the French can and will do whatever they like regardless if we're in or out of the EU.

The idea that we have to run everything past the EU is a Brexiteer concept which simply isn't true.

There are certain things they can't do, such as violence against the people by the state and this sort of thing most likely will have the EU complaining but there isn't much they can do about it, legally in itself. They can insist the violence, that the French state appears to be trying to hide (rather worryingly) stops and forcibly if necessary but I am not sure there is much they can do about journalist suppression.

I'm not entirely sure where the French government thinks this is going to lead, oppressing everyone hasn't exactly worked out for them in the past :) and the French do love a good protest!

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not entirely sure where the French government thinks this is going to lead, oppressing everyone hasn't exactly worked out for them in the past :) and the French do love a good protest!
It's a multi-year subjugation of a people to make them like the rest of us.

I work closely with french teams every day. It's a common talking point. I admire that they kick off - it's ingrained in their culture to fight injustice, but over time their rights are being eroded.

We look on and go "fucking bolshy french" - rather than thinking "what is it that is upsetting them so much?". But then - we're already slaves. We show no solidarity to people in our own country when we know they're suffering, yet we suck the cock of the rich and rally around them if someone has the temerity that they pay their fair way.

Fucking humans. :eek:

Job

It's a multi-year subjugation of a people to make them like the rest of us.

I work closely with french teams every day. It's a common talking point. I admire that they kick off - it's ingrained in their culture to fight injustice, but over time their rights are being eroded.

We look on and go "fucking bolshy french" - rather than thinking "what is it that is upsetting them so much?". But then - we're already slaves. We show no solidarity to people in our own country when we know they're suffering, yet we suck the cock of the rich and rally around them if someone has the temerity that they pay their fair way.

Fucking humans. :eek:
So who will fix that, the left or the right?
Sets myself up.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, getting EU countries to work to the rules is very hit and miss. I am having to get all sorts of information on commodity codes from EU firms, that they should be providing already but don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom