Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
But what about the reduction in unemployment since 2016? Does that not count?
If external effects offset the effects of no deal then instead we would be forgoing the wage rises that increased labor demand would be expected to generate.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If external effects offset the effects of no deal then instead we would be forgoing the wage rises that increased labor demand would be expected to generate.
what?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Would people accept a 2nd Referendum if ONLY people who voted Leave could revote to see if enough had changed their minds?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Would people accept a 2nd Referendum if ONLY people who voted Leave could revote to see if enough had changed their minds?
No. the first vote was to leave the EU. Action that. Then we can vote on other stuff.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I do kinda agree it should be actioned as it was voted for but i do also feel there needs to be some form of accountability to those that chose leave if people end up a lot worse off, likewise if we stayed and things got worse then those that voted remain should be held accountable in some fashion

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I do kinda agree it should be actioned as it was voted for but i do also feel there needs to be some form of accountability to those that chose leave if people end up a lot worse off, likewise if we stayed and things got worse then those that voted remain should be held accountable in some fashion
Actioned. Absolutely.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As I mentioned before, if the UK was not in the EU when the GFA was drafted, fuck knows how it would have passed. I, personally, care for the Union and would not want it to break up. You say British but mean English, you have only been in Ireland for a few years, I have lived in Aldershot for 42 years and was a prime target for the IRA. Your experience of living under a threat of terrorism is what exactly?

Again, I think the current government is out of touch. That is not the same the will of the people is thinking.

FFS. I lived in London for 13 years; the BBC bomb was about 300 yards from my house (it woke me up), no one gets special points in England because they were at risk from the IRA.

It doesn't matter whether the GFA could only have been done under the auspices of the EU or not (FWIW I don't think that's true), the deal exists and Britain has an obligation to honour it.

And what does me only being in Ireland a few years (it's ten actually) have to do with anything other the fact I get to have a broader perspective?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FFS. I lived in London for 13 years; the BBC bomb was about 300 yards from my house (it woke me up), no one gets special points in England because they were at risk from the IRA.

It doesn't matter whether the GFA could only have been done under the auspices of the EU or not (FWIW I don't think that's true), the deal exists and Britain has an obligation to honour it.

And what does me only being in Ireland a few years (it's ten actually) have to do with anything other the fact I get to have a broader perspective?
So being in London for 1 year equates to being in Aldershot for 40 years. The GFA also applies to the EU just not Britain. Live under the IRA threat for years before you answer.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You're running in to the usual arguments Deebs, quite a few remainers tend to dramatise everything and also act in a rather condescending manor which undoubtedly helped people vote out in the first place.

I don't see any vote happening and there would be no practical way to do your style of vote either, like the recent polls I suspect it would be open to abuse.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
As I mentioned before, if the UK was not in the EU when the GFA was drafted, fuck knows how it would have passed. I, personally, care for the Union and would not want it to break up. You say British but mean English, you have only been in Ireland for a few years, I have lived in Aldershot for 42 years and was a prime target for the IRA. Your experience of living under a threat of terrorism is what exactly?

Again, I think the current government is out of touch. That is not the same the will of the people is thinking.
It couldn't have passed in that scenario but it did. That's the world we live in.

I still haven't heard a good reason why the customs Union and single market are bad.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You could pick any random point in the last 100 years of British economics and start an argument about what caused what financially and what we should and shouldnt do..no one would be able to predict anything and its just a pointless blame game based on political ideology.
Brexit could vitalise the economy or fuck it up...so could climate change..automation...an earthquake in Japan..or Russia running out of gas.
The only time there is real crisis of the economy, proper widespread layoffs and strikes is when Labour are in power.
A Labour government would be 50X worse in its present form than the worst hard brexit scenario.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It couldn't have passed in that scenario but it did. That's the world we live in.

I still haven't heard a good reason why the customs Union and single market are bad.
Are you fucking stupid the law says we leave. Get over it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You could pick any random point in the last 100 years of British economics and start an argument about what caused what financially and what we should and shouldnt do..no one would be able to predict anything and its just a pointless blame game based on political ideology.
Brexit could vitalise the economy or fuck it up...so could climate change..automation...an earthquake in Japan..or Russia running out of gas.
The only time there is real crisis of the economy, proper widespread layoffs and strikes is when Labour are in power.
A Labour government would be 50X worse in its present form than the worst hard brexit scenario.
That is utter bollox.

View: https://twitter.com/PeteNorth303/status/1007929373952040960?s=20

DaGaffer

So being in London for 1 year equates to being in Aldershot for 40 years. The GFA also applies to the EU just not Britain. Live under the IRA threat for years before you answer.

I think you just failed at maths (not that it matters in the slightest whether you lived in Aldershot for 40 years or 40 minutes, its utterly irrelevant) And yes the GFA applies to the EU, but what does that have to do with your preference for no deal? How would that be the EU's fault?

DaGaffer

Are you fucking stupid the law says we leave. Get over it.

What law would that be?

And by the way the non-binding vote said nothing about leaving the customs union or the single market. Nothing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
That so call non-binding vote also said nothing about staying in them either. NOTHING.

The question on the ref was quite simple, besides all the attempts to use any excuse as to what it didn't and did mean:

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?"

Good fucking god the subject is repetitive and boring.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But what about the reduction in unemployment since 2016? Does that not count?
Oh come on Deebs. Nobody really believes that 20 hours a week of insecure "I'll text you when you can come in" work is actual employment do they?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That so call non-binding vote also said nothing about staying in them either. NOTHING.

The question on the ref was quite simple, besides all the attempts to use any excuse as to what it didn't and did mean:

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?"

So apart from the last sentence, your post doesn't add anything :/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He lived in London for 13 years, and if you hadn't noticed everywhere in Britain was under IRA threat. Ex was narrowly missed by the manchester bomb, fucking liverpool lime street was shut every other day. Friends witnessed warrington, I used to actually drink guinness and like it, yadda yadda yadda.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh come on Deebs. Nobody really believes that 20 hours a week of insecure "I'll text you when you can come in" work is actual employment do they?
On this I agree. We have a high under-employment rate rather than a high unemployment rate. So for the leavers, the employment regulation the EU imposes is hardly onerous. It leaves countries fairly free to manage employment as they see fit.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It was all the bullshit promised and spouted by the leave campaign that broke every rule in the book that persuaded most to vote leave

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You voted leave as Deebs says. Gtfo. Have another ref to see if the public has changed its mind. At least honour the democratic vote of the people, regardless of how wrong you think it is.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You voted leave as Deebs says. Gtfo. Have another ref to see if the public has changed its mind. At least honour the democratic vote of the people, regardless of how wrong you think it is.

I would if there was any credible Brexit strategy.

But since it's just a very slow moving crash crash to shit street I can't accept the idiotic vote to leave

DaGaffer

Except of course that leaving the Customs Union and the Single Market is being touted as "the will of the people" when in fact "the people" were never asked (because leaving those isn't necessarily part of leaving the EU), and most of them in 2016 wouldn't know what a customs union was if it bit them on the arse. The question wasn't simple. That's why we've had to endure the last two years of fucking bullshit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The fourth sentence appears to contradict the third. Could you clarify sorry :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The fourth sentence appears to contradict the third. Could you clarify sorry :)
You voted leave as Deebs says. Gtfo. Have another ref to see if the public has changed its mind? Ha! At least honour the democratic vote of the people, regardless of how wrong you think it is.

Please find my interpretation attached.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Please find my interpretation attached.
In that case that would be reasonable if the vote was 90% to 10% but given how narrow it was based on no fucking detail whatsoever give us a fucking break.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Even Boris Johnson has gone extremely silent. Even his brother disagrees with Brexit.

It is a complete shambles that should never have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom