Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think May will resign if it fails and there will be a GE of Labour remaining in the EU and a Brexiteer Tory government of no deal leave.

It'll all hinge of whether Corbyn stays.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
CBA digging out old posts but I've always been of the opinion that a deal is impossible, and it's either crash out leave or remain.

Either way it's been a crushingly depressing 2.5 years so far so get ready for the next 20.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
A deal was perfectly possible, until May's disastrous general election. If the DUP didn't have a gun to the Tories' head a border in the Irish Sea and a backstop for NI only would be a done deal by now.

Of course if it wasn't for the free movement of people/racism (tomayto/tomahto) pandering, the UK could have done a Switzerland about 20 minutes after the original vote.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Brexit is contradictory in nature, and there is no version of it that proponents can agree upon.

Gwadien

I'm not one to do this usually...

But what the actual fuck has she got around her neck?

DaGaffer

Brexit is contradictory in nature, and there is no version of it that proponents can agree upon.

You're correct, but "border in the Irish Sea" would have passed Parliamentary challenges because the basic truth is the main political parties and the British (mainland) electorate give no fucks whatsoever about Northern Ireland except when they have to because people are knocking lumps out of each other or when they've done something as monumentally stupid as giving real power to ten religious and ethnic bigots.

NI would have been thrown under the Brexit bus and ironically, most people in NI (even a lot of practically-minded DUP voters) would have been fine with it

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck me Ian Blackford has had more airime than May and Corbyn combined. Just shut the fuck up and let others speak.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
You're correct, but "border in the Irish Sea" would have passed Parliamentary challenges because the basic truth is the main political parties and the British (mainland) electorate give no fucks whatsoever about Northern Ireland except when they have to because people are knocking lumps out of each other or when they've done something as monumentally stupid as giving real power to ten religious and ethnic bigots.

NI would have been thrown under the Brexit bus and ironically, most people in NI (even a lot of practically-minded DUP voters) would have been fine with it
Agree that UK public doesn't give two shits about NI until they are forced to.

The Conservative party are demonstrating that they can't even agree on the first, easy part of Brexit - the transitional phase. Never mind the never-ending actual hard part - the future relationship, which would come next.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Still sticking with ..
It will never happen, which is why I voted for it.

Job

A deal was perfectly possible, until May's disastrous general election. If the DUP didn't have a gun to the Tories' head a border in the Irish Sea and a backstop for NI only would be a done deal by now.

Of course if it wasn't for the free movement of people/racism (tomayto/tomahto) pandering, the UK could have done a Switzerland about 20 minutes after the original vote.
Yes..all those labour cretins who voted for Corbyn have truly fucked us up...just like they always do.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
May is fucked, she needs to fuckoff. 242 - 391

Gwadien

iplayer is behind normal TV anyway.

Like a good 3-4 minutes.

I remember watching the World Cup and could hear the cheers on the street way before anything happened :(

Job

Im sure the youth is watching all of this and coming to the conclusion that parliment is just there so nothing ever gets done.
And voting is a bit pointless.

They want to give them the vote.
I dont think they give a shit after this.

Gwadien

Im sure the youth is watching all of this and coming to the conclusion that parliment is just there so nothing ever gets done.
And voting is a bit pointless.

They want to give them the vote.
I dont think they give a shit after this.

No, that's just you m8.

DaGaffer

Just seen the WTO MFN tariff lists. You guys are so fucked. 10-16% on the price of a new car (to pick one example at random) plus the Exchange rate issue. The food ones are harder to quantify because lots are on a cost per KG basis, but it doesn't look pretty.

Of course it ain't pretty for Ireland either, but at least with imports we have a plan B (I expect to be eating a lot more French and German foods quite soon and maybe there will be a less British-looking high street.)

As for Irish exports to the UK; Dublin and Rosslaire ports are about to become ghost towns as all Irish exports get routed via Belfast. Another well-thought-out Tory policy swings into action.

Edit. Stranrear may be about to experience a bit of a boom

Job

No deal is dead by an ironically similar close call.

Thats us fucked.

Gwadien

Can't wait for the extension to pass and then we have another couple of unproductive months.

Job

So now we have two choices.
Stay or take it up the ass.

Labour again..again..ffs.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So now we have two choices.
Stay or take it up the ass.

Labour again..again..ffs.

How is any of this mess labours fault? We just watched the "sensible trust us with the economy" Conservative party imploding in chaos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom