Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Because Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist loving anti-semite.

So he's to blame for erry-ting ;D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Well telling mps to vote againt it kinda puts it in your court.

3. Scouse

Scouse Glyphosate-fuelled tumor-boy FH Subscriber

What about all the other parties and all of the tory MP's who voted against it.

Lest you remember - Conservatives have still got a majority. Even if they had to pay the DUP a billion quid for it.

If the tories can't convince themselves, why is that Labours fault?

4. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Hands up who thinks this is exactly what they voted for.

5. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

I voted for a Coalition of Chaos.

6. Wij

Khorne and Tzeentch?

7. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

8. Wij

The same Italian politicians that were taking Putin's money perhaps?

9. Job

Well that would make him the only politician actually following through with the wishes of the voting majority.

Buts whats that these days.

10. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

What are the wishes of the voting majority?

11. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Show me where "destroy our trade" was an option on the ballot? Or on the Tory election manifesto? Thought not

12. Job

It wouldnt destroy our trade.
    That is all constant fear mongering.

We really really could just leave and it would be forgotten about in five years.
    It actually is a great opportunity, but fear wins, fear and better the devil you know never got anyone anywhere.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

It would utterly fuck trade and any politician who claims otherwise has an agenda, is a fool or a liar or any combination thereof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

The only trade that would be unaffected would be local produce you do not export, or import any components for.. So that would be NOTHING then..

15. Gwadien

16. Job

Thanks for regurgitating the remainer propoganda.
    It wouldnt destroy trade because thats not how it works.

The ex head of the bank of England said it would be a tiny blip in the econony...he is much more concerned about global slowdown

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. caLLous

Tell us all "how it works" then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

So no second referendum for us because we voted and have made our decision. Even though we now have facts rather than the lies that were fed to us.
    However she is now having a third meaningful vote on exactly the same deal.
    She really is a cunt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. caLLous

And MPs are allowed to change their minds at the drop of a hat but a second referendum would somehow be an affront to democracy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gwadien

I really don't see how an extension is going to be a good idea.

Leaving everything in limbo is surely going to be much worse for the economy than making a decision now.

21. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Agreed, that's why we need a second referendum.
    People need an opportunity to have their say again based on what we now know. We were lied to and false promises made that steered people towards brexit.
    If we vote brexit again then fine, at least it will be based on fact not fiction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Gwadien

We're putting ourselves at the whim of the EU again though, we have our high and mighty parliament asking for an extension but the EU would be in its rights to say no.

I just hope people are starting to realise we're not a super power.

23. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Well we only have our fucking inept MPs to blame for this. I have never been so shocked at how our MPs have acted over the last 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

The EU would absolutely give us an extension of it was for a referendum. In fact they would probably be laughing their cocks off.

25. Deebs

The biggest problem is what to put on a referendum if there ever was one? There are just so many questions MPs would argue over.

eg.

Leave with May's deal
    Leave with no deal
    Leave with a different deal
    Remain and do fuckall and continue to moan/disrupt the EU
    Remain and integrate into the EU
    Remain and promise to hold more referendums on major treaty changes

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Gwadien

I disagree, MPs were uncomfortable with Brexit, let alone a no-deal Brexit that arguably wasn't voted for in the referendum (especially considering the concern there's been since about no-deal). When the options are that or a deal which is so shit, it means it makes more sense in every way just to remain in the EU.

Parliament are going to be circle jerking in indecisiveness until we have another referendum and make the decision final; do you want a no-deal Brexit or stay in the EU?

It's evident that we're not going to leave without a deal, and we're not going to accept an EU deal so we may as well suck it up and have another referendum.

27. Gwadien

Leave with No Deal or go back 4 years.

28. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

True, but to sane people (not MPs) it's easy. Leave with May's deal or stay

29. Deebs

Yeh as if that wouldn't cause issues. Going back 4 years solves what? We remain, but at what cost? The country is divided on EU membership for multiple reasons but what brought us to this position is the lack of engagement by our MPs on EU membership and its benefits. The lack of asking the populace on major treaties and changes to those treaties.

Whatever the result, this country is broken right down the middle and we have only our MPs to blame.

30. Deebs

Disagree as May's deal does not allow the UK to exit the EU when it wants due to the backstop. It also ties the UK to laws, trade deals, quotas etc under which we have no say for however long we are in the EU. Many people who voted leave just want OUT. Period. Full stop. Implying they are not sane is disrespectful.

To be honest it is a fucking mess and just needs to end one way or another so we can get back to repairing pretty much everything that the UK is.