Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Only the most batshit leaver supports commonwealth trade.
Its just not that world anymore.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So Moggy is backing the plan.
Good deal or has he folded?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
He is rattled, wonder what today brings us. Will be watching BBC Parliament today.

I'll be watching everything.
I've never been so consumed by politics. I'm kinda getting to the point where I just want it all to come to an end. Further delays (unless for another referendum) are just drawing out the pain.
I'm stocked up on coffee, food and beer. Long day ahead :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll be watching everything.
I've never been so consumed by politics. I'm kinda getting to the point where I just want it all to come to an end. Further delays (unless for another referendum) are just drawing out the pain.
I'm stocked up on coffee, food and beer. Long day ahead :(
12.30pm today Cox will address Parliament. That is going to be something to watch. By all accounts the new "legally binding" deal is the same deal from last year. It has already been ripped to shreds by other lawyers.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well that's that then. May's deal is dead, Cos has confirmed its pretty much the same as last time.

However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation doesarise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So what then, no Brexit, no deal Brexit or Civil War?

@Deebs wanna settle it on a 1v1 on CS?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So what then, no Brexit, no deal Brexit or Civil War?

@Deebs wanna settle it on a 1v1 on CS?
Well they will vote down May's deal, vote down no deal, vote for an extension and get told to piss off by the EU.

As for CS, don't have that I think and I am shit at FPS, always have been :)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
This could go on forever, they are never all going to agree to any deal.
Referendum gives the government a mandate based on the deal as it is, stay or leave.
Either way I think she will be in the dole queue shortly.

Gwadien

Referendum gives the government a mandate based on the deal as it is, stay or leave.

You mean she'll land a cushy CEO job at a firm that benefited from her Government?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Exactly this. The MPs are chasing a deal the EU will never agree to. There are simply two options and always has been, Remain or leave with no deal.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You mean she'll land a cushy CEO job at a firm that benefited from her Government?
Wouldn't suprise me, pretty much like every PM before her. Basically become PM, fuck up stuff knowing that at the end of your term you are set for life.

Gwadien

Exactly this. The MPs are chasing a deal the EU will never agree to. There are simply two options and always has been, Remain or leave with no deal.

But a No-Deal Brexit was the work of Project Fear?

I know it's what you voted for, but it's not what lots of quiet brexiteers voted for.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But a No-Deal Brexit was the work of Project Fear?

I know it's what you voted for, but it's not what lots of quiet brexiteers voted for.
Not sure what you mean with regard to Project Fear.

There has ONLY ever been two options since the 2016 referendum went ahead. There was never going to be a deal that allowed us to keep all the benefits of what the EU has to offer whilst not being a member. That was and always will be a pipe dream.

Gwadien

Not sure what you mean with regard to Project Fear.

There has ONLY ever been two options since the 2016 referendum went ahead. There was never going to be a deal that allowed us to keep all the benefits of what the EU has to offer whilst not being a member. That was and always will be a pipe dream.

Well, during the referendum I seem to recall people bringing up the prospect of a No-Deal Brexit and how awful it would be, but they were dismissed by the prominent Leavers as fear tactics from the Remain campaign and that a No-deal would never happen.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well, during the referendum I seem to recall people bringing up the prospect of a No-Deal Brexit and how awful it would be, but they were dismissed by the prominent Leavers as fear tactics from the Remain campaign and that a No-deal would never happen.
Ah ok, don't think I have ever said that. I do remember people saying "No deal is better than a bad deal" quite a lot over the last 2 years or so.

Here is how it will play out IMO:

1. Dismiss May's deal
2. Dismiss no deal

Now it gets interesting as there are two things I can see happening:

3. Dismiss extension to A50
4. May panics and cancels A50 stating that it is not in the UK's interest to leave with no deal

or

3. Approve extension to A50
4. EU tell us to pissoff as what is the point, you have the deal.
5. May panics and cancels A50 stating that it is not in the UK's interest to leave with no deal

I honestly think that this is the end of Brexit and the Labour and Conservative parties. If this happens a GE has to be called by calling for a VONC in the Government, May is immune so it cannot be a party VONC.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cox is a twat. He's been whipped.

Gwadien

Ah ok, don't think I have ever said that. I do remember people saying "No deal is better than a bad deal" quite a lot over the last 2 years or so

Didn't mean you, I think it may have been Gove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom