Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
There are ample facts to cause you to hold a bad opinion of the EU.

Obviously its all down to your perception of the harm caused, so yes how you interpret it is the key.

Bit when an entity as powerful as the EU starts to exercise that power in a way that starts to resemble and anti identity, pro corporation dictatorship.
Then yes people will be tainted on everything.

Now you're saying that the EU cares more about corporations than a post-Brexit Tory Government

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Probably not, but at least we have a strong opposition to that ideology.
The opposition to the EU is branded as facism and anti European...which is not unlike the Israel jew argument.

They have propaganded the remainers into thinking and reciting that to be anti EU is to be anti Europe and the cleverly use the wording in their attacks.
Well right now the EU is proving to be very damaging to Europe, they are even admitting it themselves in a ..its everyone elses fault..sort of way.

Gwadien

The opposition to the EU is branded as facism and anti European...which is not unlike the Israel jew argument.

They have propaganded the remainers into thinking and reciting that to be anti EU is to be anti Europe and the cleverly use the wording in their attacks.
Well right now the EU is proving to be very damaging to Europe, they are even admitting it themselves in a ..its everyone elses fault..sort of way.

What strong opposition to the corporations? What?

Well, you keep calling the Germans Nazis, so yeah, I'd say you're pretty anti-European.

I don't think many remainers were the subject of propaganda at all, I think most Remainers voted with the thinking of 'Things aren't actually that bad, we have a Tory Government and we're living in austerity, so that's why life isn't as good as it was before the financial crash.'

I'd say that all the blame at the feet of the EU from the Leave campaign was the propaganda in this, just sheer bullshit, the idea that everything will be fine if we leave the EU because the EU are to blame for everything.

As every comment in this thread - it'll come down to what happens when we leave the EU, but I suspect you and all the people like you will bury your head in the sand and complain 'this isn't what we voted for' when in actual fact everyone was warning you to what would happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Job - that's not taking time to re-evaluate your position.

You've just admitted you run on feelings. Our position is that you're wrong, factually.

You need to go make a list of what your EU beefs are and, one-by-one, do the research to see if how you feel is based on reality.

If it isn't, then you must amend your position, regardless of how you feel.

Or, alternatively, remain a deluded idiot who continually spouts shit that has no bearing on actual reality.

Gwadien

Job - that's not taking time to re-evaluate your position.

You've just admitted you run on feelings. Our position is that you're wrong, factually.

You need to go make a list of what your EU beefs are and, one-by-one, do the research to see if how you feel is based on reality.

If it isn't, then you must amend your position, regardless of how you feel.

Or, alternatively, remain a deluded idiot who continually spouts shit that has no bearing on actual reality.

It's the old Trump approach though.

Everything that disagrees with his PoV is bullshit because it's created by the Liberal Elites.

There is no hope.

Job

Reasons to dislike the EU.

Their goals.
Destruction of the national state.
An EU empire
An EU army.
Europe wide taxation.
Overiding Judiciary.
To unite Europe as a bloc to take on US China etc.
100% to blame for the massive swing to the right in Europe.
Financial mis management
Political goals that are centered to the advantage of France and Germany.
Continuing efforts to assimilate North Africa into the EU.
Endless propaganda against dissenters.
The use of financial advantages from club membership to socially engineer the continent.

They blame everyone else except themselves for the fundamental flaws in the project.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Their goals. - Which are?
Destruction of the national state. - Why do I care about that? The Nation State as an idea is probably well past due for an overhaul, and in historical terms is only a few hundred years old anyway. Plus, the EU isn't about the destruction of the Nation State, it just has a different definition of "nation".
An EU empire - Oh noes we're all going to be subjects in the EU Empire. Define "Empire"? Go on, please enlighten me as to what an "EU Empire" actually means. I'll wait.
An EU army.- Don't care, probably makes sense anyway as the Americans can't really be trusted as their nation state becomes increasingly dysfunctional.
Europe wide taxation. - Don't really care that much as it won't materially make much difference. The UK is already a high tax nation and a lot of its taxes are highly regressive.
Overiding Judiciary. - A non-issue in real terms rather than Brexit fantasyland, as has been demonstrated by actual numbers multiple times. The UK is no better and will be no better shorn of the EU, in fact given the EU laws the UK did object to, its rather likely to be considerably worse.
To unite Europe as a bloc to take on US China etc. - Why is that a problem?
100% to blame for the massive swing to the right in Europe. - No-one is ever 100% to blame for anything, its a charlatan's claim and utterly unverifiable.
Financial mis management - Up and down, and once again, the UK isn't much better. Part of the reason the UK joined the EEC in the first place was economic mismanagement..
Political goals that are centered to the advantage of France and Germany. - Britain's own fault for sniping from the sidelines for 40 years. If you don't play the game you don't get the prizes.
Continuing efforts to assimilate North Africa into the EU. - Because that's actually happening.
Endless propaganda against dissenters. - You're writing this in the UK, the most laughably biased media landscape in Europe. The anti-EU narrative is utterly pervasive and yet the EU are the propagandists? Get a fucking grip.
The use of financial advantages from club membership to socially engineer the continent. What social engineering would that be? Please enlighten us all on the EU master plan to socially engineer us all. Into what exactly?

This is the problem with getting your political opinions from Reddit, you may as well get them out of a Christmas cracker, at least then you'd get a toy as well.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is the problem with getting your political opinions from Reddit, you may as well get them out of a Christmas cracker, at least then you'd get a toy as well.

Trouble is, @DaGaffer , Job's too much of a cunt to pull an ugly bird, let alone a cracker.

Job

They are not opinions.

They are the facts, you admitted as much in your reply.
And yes Morrocco, Libya and Algeria are in their sights, its just a few EU outposts as yet, but the will is there to bring them in.
They have applied before.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They are not opinions.

And yes Morrocco, Libya and Algeria are in their sights, its just a few EU outposts as yet, but the will is there to bring them in,.

If you want someone to accept something as a fact you tend to need to provide proof

Gwadien

53344649_1991724011136084_8978012503833313280_o.jpg

DaGaffer

They are not opinions.

And yes Morrocco, Libya and Algeria are in their sights, its just a few EU outposts as yet, but the will is there to bring them in.
They have applied before.

No, saying the words "EU Empire" is not a fact if you can't even define the term.

And no, Morocco, Libya and Algeria have not applied to join the EU, ever. Absolute bollocks. Two majority muslim countries have applied to join the EU, Turkey and Albania, and a third, Bosnia-Herzegovina, will probably apply. Albania will probably get in, Turkey won't as long as Erdogan has a hole in his arse. Too many members will veto any attempt and even the Germans have lost interest. Plus of course, Turkey is about to lose its biggest advocate, HMGov.

Gwadien

No, saying the words "EU Empire" is not a fact if you can't even define the term.

And no, Morocco, Libya and Algeria have not applied to join the EU, ever. Absolute bollocks. Two majority muslim countries have applied to join the EU, Turkey and Albania, and a third, Bosnia-Herzegovina, will probably apply. Albania will probably get in, Turkey won't as long as Erdogan has a hole in his arse. Too many members will veto any attempt and even the Germans have lost interest. Plus of course, Turkey is about to lose its biggest advocate, HMGov.

Can't wait for United Turkey Kingdom.

Bring in some new laws where we can pay immigrants less than pure-blood British people.

Turkey sends over loads of Syrians.

Free travel to Turkey

win win!

Job

I didnt say..which is fast becoming my first line in replies..that they had asked to join, the EU has a rather quiet comission investigating the prospect, nothing unusual about it, but the intent is there and Algeria has allready been in a pre EU.
They tried to treat Morocco as part of the EU for loans and trade but their own judges struck it down.

DaGaffer

I didnt say..which is fast becoming my first line in replies..that they had asked to join, the EU has a rather quiet comission investigating the prospect, nothing unusual about it, but the intent is there and Algeria has allready been in a pre EU.
They tried to treat Morocco as part of the EU for loans and trade but their own judges struck it down.

"They have applied before". Its right there in your comment. And its absolute fucking bollocks. And the rest of it is just full-on tinfoil hat bullshit, "a rather quiet commission". Fuck off with yer nonsense.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How to completely miss the point of what somebody is trying to say and make yourself look like even more of a tit, by Mark Francois.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
How to completely miss the point of what somebody is trying to say and make yourself look like even more of a tit, by Mark Francois.

Problem is Self is such a smug, condescending unfunny cunt it's difficult to view that clip as anything other than two twats on a couch.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Problem is Self is such a smug, condescending unfunny cunt it's difficult to view that clip as anything other than two twats on a couch.
Isn't it you that moans about people on here resorting to ad hominem attacks?

Job

Yes..
Yes..thats why Liverpool voted remain..its all a bit obvious really.
Also a bit stupid because its the Duke of Westmisters money that rebuilt the city.

Job

Of course the real suggestion is that all the racists and bigots in the country are leave supporters and remainers by default are glorious inclusive ,progressives.
Which is bullshit of course, a huge percentage of remainers voted because its financial stability to stay in.
Its a tiresome tactic worthy...well worthy of the knob who brought it up in a rather comic embarrassed way.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Which is bullshit of course, a huge percentage of remainers voted because its financial stability to stay in.
Remainers voted for sound, logical reasons? I'm glad we agree on something.

And you said yourself that it was an anti-immigration vote so to assume that all of the racists/bigots/xenophobes/etc voted to Leave is no stretch at all. There's no "real suggestion" other than that if all of the above voted to Leave then... of course they didn't vote to Remain. If I have 2 buckets and 5 racist apples and I put all of the racist apples in one bucket, there are none left to put in the other bucket. That's not rocket science.

DaGaffer

Of course the real suggestion is that all the racists and bigots in the country are leave supporters and remainers by default are glorious inclusive ,progressives.
Its a tiresome tactic worthy...well worthy of the knob who brought it up in a rather comic embarrassed way.

The only racists and bigots who didn't vote leave were those smart enough to see their economic self-interest trumps their bigotry.

Job

And there you agreed that argument is purile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom