Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

No X-trail production is being moved, it just isn't being expanded whilst Nissan work on a viable hybrid platform for Europe. At this point it makes more sense for them to tool up for it in Japan rather than anywhere else.

2. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Didn't they say in 2016 that because of the Government's promises that they wouldn't move production from the UK?

I don't see how trends on cars has changed that dramatically in 3 years.

Unless you're suggesting that the Government is doing this on purpose to derail Brexit.

3. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Actually South Korea.

They absolutely have. Dieselgate became public September 2015, so three years four months. Since then diesel sales have collapsed everywhere; the Germans have withdrawn diesels entirely from the US, and have only not done so in Europe because they literally have no other models that can meet their Euro 6 C02 targets (which conveniently forgot about N0x). Problem is it takes a full product cycle (4-5) years to replace models and you can't simply rip out diesels and replace them with hybrids. But the public know they're coming (Volvo have already publicly stated they will stop selling diesel altogether and their new S60 range has no diesels at all. JLR are getting rid of small diesels within the next two years etc.), they also know inner city diesel bans are coming (indeed are already happening for older Euro 5 diesels in Germany), and no-one wants to be stuck with a second-hand diesel that's worthless because everyone's moved to hybrids or full electric.

Brexit certainly isn't helping (although British car dealers are experiencing a mini-boom of Irish customers buying in the UK because of the state of Sterling), but the state of the car market is mainly down to the transition away from diesel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

5. Bodhi

6. caLLous

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. DaGaffer

8. Bodhi

That's the US version, which we wouldn't be building in the UK anyway.

• Bad Spelling/Grammar Bad Spelling/Grammar x 1
  9. DaGaffer

The Rogue and the X-Trail are exactly the same car.

10. Bodhi

Not exactly, different engines and trim levels, but built in completely different factories. Much like the Golf/Leon/A3.

But as I said, Nissan themselves say its built in Japan, so that's good enough for me. It might even be built around the corner from the jail their CEO is rotting in....

11. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

12. DaGaffer

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

14. Job

Im actually starting to think we might leave in a fashion.
    The EU is starting to blink and if they can OK the deal and make it look like they sorted out the Irish problem for us, then this could go ahead

15. Job

Germans eh..they havent seen such reckless behaviour since Hitler invaded Russia.

16. caLLous

17. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Starting to blink? What? How? Your head of government comes crawling across the canal to Brussels every other day with demands from home, and every single time we've said "No! There will be no renegotiation of the proposed deal!"

18. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Lol

"In a joint statement, May and Juncker described their meeting as "robust but constructive" and said they'd agreed that the UK and EU "should hold talks as to whether a way through can be found that would gain the broadest possible support in the UK Parliament and respect the guidelines agreed by the European Council."

Then Tusk tweets after their meeting that there is no breakthrough in sight.

Please, go be an island and figure out what you want. We'll manage without you.

19. caLLous

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

I think you'll find it's Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Gwadien