Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Every few weeks a German minister breaks ranks to point out what an utter disaster for the EU and Europe a no deal would be and how bad it is that the UK is leaving.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Go on, just have a go at providing a source. You might like it.

I'm not disputing what you're saying (you're clearly exaggerating but there are wacky politicians all over) - I just don't see why the onus should be on us to research your posts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Every few weeks a German minister breaks ranks to point out what an utter disaster for the EU and Europe a no deal would be and how bad it is that the UK is leaving.
Nobody is ever saying that isn't the case.

It's just worse for us.

I mean. We've been saying that since day 1. In fact, we've been saying that since before the vote. It's no secret.

So what has the above got to do with anything? Europeans have been saying it all along.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Its 15%. As it happens EY are estimating about 10% of all UK banking assets will leave by March (€800bn) and ze Germans think it will be more, with 750-800bn going to Frankfurt alone. Time will tell.

The Barclays in Dublin is a mixed blessing; it's not creating many jobs (about 2/3 will be relocated, whilst at the same time it will be easily the biggest bank in Ireland by value. It's that kind of thing that starts to have a distorting effect on the GDP of a small country, making us look richer than we actually are, which can have odd political effects.

As for all the other EU stuff you were talking about...all valid, but still better than being more economically isolated than Mauritania through the failures of the British political class. I've reconciled myself to Brexit a long time ago, what I don't understand is how even the most ardent Brexiteer thinks this shitshow is an acceptable (lol) "strategy".

As much of a glass half full kind of guy as I am it is difficult to put a positive spin on how it's gone so far - a combination of May/Robbins incompetence and the usual EU intransigence has resulted in the impasse we are at now, but I'm still fairly confident a solution will be found and we will leave with a deal.

Then the banks will end up moving their money back and will make an absolute killing in the process.

Job

This.
This is the stupid fucking shit that winds me up.
Its about the EU not Europe, why do remainers overlap the two, they accuse brexiters of hating continental Europeans..its such bullshit, of course we get on, its the meddling EU that is fucking up our friendship.

Oh and Gary..just shut the fuck up, you armchair liberal nonce.
'We are still friends': Gary Lineker and MPs pen reply to Germans

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Holy cherry picked statistics batman! ... a massively biased source.
1) Why is the IoD a "massively biased source"?
2) What's wrong with an extrapolation based on one thousand two hundred companes? (Not representative enough?)

and
Only 8% of all companies in the UK trade with the EU
That figure includes one-man band delicatessans and sandwich vans. And me.

Narrow that down to large and medium sized businesses - i.e. companies that employ people - then that figure jumps massively.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a diesel SUV. Not sure if you've noticed, but the market for those isn't doing too great at the moment.

Same reason JLR are on a 3 day week - no one is buying diesels. If you're highly exposesd to the devil's fuel, then pain is on the way.
Unless something's changed, there are more petrol engines offered for the X-Trail than diesel ones.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
2 Seconds on the Nissan configurator will show 4 dag dags and 1 petrol, and 20 seconds on Auto Trader will show how many people take the petrol option in a big SUV.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ok, something's changed then. When I was looking at it a few years ago, there were 2 petrols and 1 diesel, now there are 2 diesels and 1 petrol.

Still, the idea that they're cancelling plans to build it at Sunderland because diesel's not doing so well at the moment is laughable. Keeping mumbling that to yourself as they ramp up production elsewhere (maybe Japan so they can take advantage of that spangly new trade deal that the UK won't be part of).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Nissan builds most of its EU cars in EU (Micra and some of the expensive sporty ones being the exception i think), if it stays in EU will likely go to Barcelona, if not they also have plants in St Petersburg and a few in India

Job

The reality is that britains car manufacturing is at the mercy of global companies...they demand sweeteners and push to control politics.
Everyones in the same boat and the 'winners' are those who offer up the best deal.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's a diesel SUV. Not sure if you've noticed, but the market for those isn't doing too great at the moment.

Same reason JLR are on a 3 day week - no one is buying diesels. If you're highly exposesd to the devil's fuel, then pain is on the way.

Since this decision is about the next-gen X-Trail, arguments about how reliant on diesel it is are a bit irrelevant. The next-gen could be entirely hybrid or full electric for all we know. You're absolutely correct that the trauma in the car industry is down to customer fears over diesel, but Nissan aren't stopping making the X-Trail, they're moving it somewhere else, and that is Brexit-related.

How the flying fuck is that Labour's fault? LOL.

It's not, but Corbyn isn't helping either. I genuinely feel Labour's stance on Brexit is unprincipled and dishonest, and that's mainly on Corbyn.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I just can't wait for Labour to get all the blame for a shitty Brexit whilst the Tories rule for the next 40 years, we'll blame Labour for it, but in reality everyone was too busy with mis-guided hate towards Labour.

Job

Its not misiguided.
Imagine Corbyn over at Brussels doing deals.
He'd come back like Chamberlain with some bullshit promises to wind down capitalism written in German in dissappearing ink on a wet piece of toast.

Gwadien

Its not misiguided.
Imagine Corbyn over at Brussels doing deals.
He'd come back like Chamberlain with some bullshit promises to wind down capitalism written in German in dissappearing ink on a wet piece of toast.

But that's the point

He's not in Brussels doing deals, he's not done anything, he's not in any position of power.

Gwadien

I mean, Corbyn said he would only cooperate if a no deal was off the table, which everyone was absolutely shit scared of, so you would have thought that people would get behind and be like yeah! Let's avoid that shit!

Nope, it's Corbyn, so let's hate.

Obviously it was a poor move because Brexiteers are working class, whilst the normal Corbyn haters are middle classes, so he's kinda fucked.

Job

No deal off the table is the same pathetic, unworkable boloks as his stance on nukes.
Its like the office temp in a meeting.
Why dont we just drop all the prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom