Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
51248286_2064069143686587_5944267525444337664_o.png

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ok but they'd have surely had a watertight unfair dismissal case had they stuck to their guns.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Seems very suspicious..that breaks every rule in the book and would start a backlash from both sides

Gwadien

I mean, randomly deciding to stop selling non-UK beers during Brexit seemed a bit random.

I think they also lowered the cost of their drinks at the same time, as if to suggest it's somehow linked.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not sure the IP thing is as simple as the EADS now owns the 20%. Some of the Ip was original BAe design IP from previous work projects before Airbus EADS was created. Factory is on BAe land - Filton and they own all the tooling and jigs to build. At least that is what I was told recently by a sales guy for Airbus. It was part of their investment into the EADS Partnership 2012 or around then.

Read the 24M money set aside for trade deal thing on the Sky News (UK) ticker news feed a, bottom of screen 2 days ago. Thought it was odd and can't find anything online about it though which is odd.

I highly doubt BAE holds any design IP, but like I said, it doesn't really matter in the context of moving from the UK. As for the land, BAE definitely doesn't own Filton, it was sold to a Malaysian property developer a while ago. Not sure about Broughton, but once again, BAE wouldn't lift a finger to help.

DaGaffer

So what's the current state of play? Any of those Tory fuckwits come up with anything all the other Tory fuckwits will agree to? I was trying to follow the logic yesterday but I think it broke my brain; trying to follow the meanderings of people who live in parallel universes will do that.

Job

Macron having a go at Brexit..saying it was tearing the country apart.

He forgot to add..just like France.

Job

I'll have to admit that with such mind bending complexity of over lapping legislation..parliamentary rules, customs and personalities.
Im losing track of where the power actually resides.
Who the fuck is in charge?
Is anyone, or is the whole thing designed to just input democracy and output dictatorship without anyone noticing.
Brexit could be the start of the end for the entire system..millenials must be like..what the living fuck.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So the silly cow has been saying since announcing her deal that it was the best the UK was going to get and it couldn't be improved. And now she suddenly thinks she can go back and improve it, wasting yet more time, despite the EU saying at every opportunity that it wasn't open to renegotiation.

It doesn't sound like there's much wiggle room there, does it?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The only way the EU would agree to this is if it was replaced with permanent customs union and single market rules on goods. This of course would be acceptable to those who rejected this amendment and unacceptable to those who did.

We are living in someone’s idea of a joke universe.

DaGaffer

So the silly cow has been saying since announcing her deal that it was the best the UK was going to get and it couldn't be improved. And now she suddenly thinks she can go back and improve it, wasting yet more time, despite the EU saying at every opportunity that it wasn't open to renegotiation.

It doesn't sound like there's much wiggle room there, does it?

We're getting into "we tried, this is all the EU's fault" narrative build up here. Their own little parochial bubble designed to protect the Tories with no fucking care for what happens to the country. Self-serving scum the lot of them.

Gwadien

We're getting into "we tried, this is all the EU's fault" narrative build up here. Their own little parochial bubble designed to protect the Tories with no fucking care for what happens to the country. Self-serving scum the lot of them.

Yeah but this works treats for Brexiteers, even Tusk has been painted as a bogey man when he's clearly the nicest politician around.

They just repeat the narrative of all the countries in the EU but it'll still be a case of it's the political elites in Brussels controlling it all.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

DaGaffer

Yeah but this works treats for Brexiteers, even Tusk has been painted as a bogey man when he's clearly the nicest politician around.

They just repeat the narrative of all the countries in the EU but it'll still be a case of it's the political elites in Brussels controlling it all.

I know. Unfortunately blaming the EU doesn't stop the country burning down.

Gwadien

I'll assume that means you don't have any issues with the content then, if attacking the source is all you have?

I just copied and pasted that 'quote' from Barnier, there's nothing out there, everything I did find was literally copied and pasted from that same article.

The only things that I could find was Barnier talking about how we could try to cooperate more and there would be no choice but to have checks at the border for HGVs etc.

I'm always dubious of a news site which looks like something I made at school.

DaGaffer

I'll assume that means you don't have any issues with the content then, if attacking the source is all you have?

Tl;dr but I saw lots of out of sequence snippets to create a narrative, which the fuckwits in the comments section echo chamber lapped up.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I just copied and pasted that 'quote' from Barnier, there's nothing out there, everything I did find was literally copied and pasted from that same article.

The only things that I could find was Barnier talking about how we could try to cooperate more and there would be no choice but to have checks at the border for HGVs etc.

I'm always dubious of a news site which looks like something I made at school.

Um, Raab mentioned it in Parliament, so I suspect it is a genuine quote: It is always a pleasure to follow...: 29 Jan 2019: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou

And a quick Google shows it being mentioned in the Telegraph. Guardian etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom