Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really Scouse, where do you draw the line..never applied for citizenship..now its looking after the grandson as an excuse to stay.
Is that somehow cruel?
They've been living in the country since 1978.

Nineteen Seventy Eight.

I was born in '73. They're as British as you and me. What the fuck do they know of Iran any more?

Their family is all here. Kids. Grandkids. They're involved with them on a daily basis.

They're British. It's an abomination to rip a family like that apart and force them to return to a country miles away from their life...

If they'd been here 4 years, I'd say there was a different story. But they've been here over 40 years. By most standards thats half of a person's cradle-to-grave life expectancy.

We treat criminals better.

If you can't see that, you're a bigger cunt than I thought you were.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So your idea to fix the dumb idea of having a vote is to have another one?

Makes total sense.
tbh I'd be happy if they just revoked it. If we have to have a vote first then whatever as long as it all fucks off.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I stopped reading when he started moaning about delays at the ports, as the guy who runs them disagrees. Even Calais have said there will be barely any more checks than now.
And yet the government is spending millions on increasing capacity because throughput will be slowed.

*scratch chin*

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
And yet the government is spending millions on increasing capacity because throughput will be slowed.

*scratch chin*

Problem solved then.

Bodhi

Nineteen Seventy Eight.

I was born in '73. They're as British as you and me. What the fuck do they know of Iran any more?

Their family is all here. Kids. Grandkids. They're involved with them on a daily basis.

They're British. It's an abomination to rip a family like that apart and force them to return to a country miles away from their life...

If they'd been here 4 years, I'd say there was a different story. But they've been here over 40 years. By most standards thats half of a person's cradle-to-grave life expectancy.

They've been here for 40 years and haven't sorted out citizenship or indefinite leave to remain? Would have been a fairly easy fix tbh, perhaps they should consider applying?

Bodhi

tbh I'd be happy if they just revoked it. If we have to have a vote first then whatever as long as it all fucks off.

If that happens I'll be sure to direct the 17.4 million people with pitchforks to your house, you can call them all retards in person.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If that happens I'll be sure to direct the 17.4 million people with pitchforks to your house, you can call them all retards in person.
Given current polls I suspect 17.4 million is a bit of an over-estimate.

Job

Nineteen Seventy Eight.

Obviously thats hard..but the problem us you would be effectively giving an amnesty to anyone who stayed under the radar for long enough...they should have applied for citizenship..I have no doubt an appeal will work now its in the papers, but you at least have threaten to deport very seriously or its just open season.
As for criminals..yes they do..funny old world innit.

Job

Yes..and anyone using my rants as a measure for the consequences of Brexit would be an idiot.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They've been here for 40 years and haven't sorted out citizenship or indefinite leave to remain? Would have been a fairly easy fix tbh, perhaps they should consider applying?
And because there's been no problem previously, until our PM changed the rules when she was home secretary, then fuck em?

Just fuck em? No right or wrong about it - just fuck 'em - because it's more than the foreign' office's jobsworth eh?

Yeah. Fuck people over. Because beauracracy.

I thought you were against the EU because of precicely *THIS* sort of thing? That we were obliged to follow rules that made no sense. That were bullshit. That we could do much better with.

Tell me, exactly, regardless of mistakes they may or may not have made, how removing these people would be the right thing to do?

Job

Yes..but they'te our rules and we can batter our MPs and start telling pollsters we dont like it.
EU..do as you are told.
UK makes a objection....overuled..like 95% of the time in immigration cases.
They love to let criminals stay though don't they..as you pointed out.
They get them a lawyer..loophole found...gets to stay.
Lived here for forty years...sorry mate..if you were gay we could help you.

Bodhi

And because there's been no problem previously, until our PM changed the rules when she was home secretary, then fuck em?

Just fuck em? No right or wrong about it - just fuck 'em - because it's more than the foreign' office's jobsworth eh?

Yeah. Fuck people over. Because beauracracy.

I thought you were against the EU because of precicely *THIS* sort of thing? That we were obliged to follow rules that made no sense. That were bullshit. That we could do much better with.

Tell me, exactly, regardless of mistakes they may or may not have made, how removing these people would be the right thing to do?

I made no comment on whether removing them was the right thing to do or not, as I know nothing about the situation other than that Guardian article, which isn't going to be one sided in the slightest. Just that if they want to guarantee being able to stay, there is an easy way for that to happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I made no comment on whether removing them was the right thing to do or not, as I know nothing about the situation other than that Guardian article, which isn't going to be one sided in the slightest. Just that if they want to guarantee being able to stay, there is an easy way for that to happen.
I know why you posted the way you posted. You don't want to be called out on the morality of us forcibly removing two Octogenarians from a clearly well-established family life of over 40 years and dumping them in a strange land with no friends or family "because rules".

You want to attribute "fault". But you don't want to comment on the morality of the situation as it stands - because you know it's fucking disgraceful (or, worse, you like it).

There's no scenario here that blighty comes out of doing the wrong thing looking good.

What I don't get about you is that you're clearly not a complete idiot - but I don't understand why (unless you think splitting up a well established resident family is the right thing) you feel the need to comment on it in the manner you choose. What's to be gained from it?

Maybe they could have done things differently and avoided what's happening now. But even if that's the case - it doesn't make what's happening right.

Or does it @Bodhi? Is it right? Should we be booting them out like a bunch of callous cunts.

And - just so it's on-topic - if we treat the elderly from clearly well-established families like this, imagine the horror going through EU residents' minds at the moment.

Bodhi

I know why you posted the way you posted. You don't want to be called out on the morality of us forcibly removing two Octogenarians from a clearly well-established family life of over 40 years and dumping them in a strange land with no friends or family "because rules".

You want to attribute "fault". But you don't want to comment on the morality of the situation as it stands - because you know it's fucking disgraceful (or, worse, you like it).

There's no scenario here that blighty comes out of doing the wrong thing looking good.

What I don't get about you is that you're clearly not a complete idiot - but I don't understand why (unless you think splitting up a well established resident family is the right thing) you feel the need to comment on it in the manner you choose. What's to be gained from it?

Maybe they could have done things differently and avoided what's happening now. But even if that's the case - it doesn't make what's happening right.

Or does it @Bodhi? Is it right? Should we be booting them out like a bunch of callous cunts.

And - just so it's on-topic - if we treat the elderly from clearly well-established families like this, imagine the horror going through EU residents' minds at the moment.

That's a whole lot of projection right there - I am not in favour of kicking people out in the slightest, unless they've been convicted of serious criminal activity. However what I am in favour of, is covering yourself so things like this didn't happen - if I emigrated to the US for example, and wanted to make that permanent I would be investigating citizenship at the earliest possible opportunity.

In this case I am 99.9% certain this is Home Office incompetence and it shouldn't even be a question whether they stay or not - I guess I just expect Government Incompetence and people should do all they can to guard themselves from it. I find no phrase more terrifying than "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help" :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Germans are trying new 'be nice' approach.

Comes across as Allo allo sketch.

'We would miss tea with milk': Group of prominent Germans urge UK to remain in EU

I think it's pretty cool to hear what the Germans actually think about us.

I think it's pretty good to look for nice things in each other and ways to cooperate rather than finding ways to hate each other and cause conflict.

Playing games with Europeans allows me to hear their opinions of us, it has been severely damaged due to Brexit, because they don't really understand how this has happened and it makes them question if we're xenophobic and that we've got no idea what we actually from Brexit which makes us look stupid.

Job

So did anyone watch Goves speech.
I know its a fluff and feathers but boy did Corbyn look uncomfortable.

Basically he spelt out what I write in here...so you are pretty well up against one massive Job if you want to stop brexit.

View: https://youtu.be/HjrEpFi3QOE

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So did anyone watch Goves speech.
I know its a fluff and feathers but boy did Corbyn look uncomfortable.

Basically he spelt out what I write in here...so you are pretty well up against one massive Job if you want to stop brexit.
So you're drawing an equivalent with yourself and one of the most odious little shits in politics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom