Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yea..I dont understand how its a thing, thats why the 'lets spend it on the NHS was such a joke.
Probably buy another teir of managers at the most.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Relative to the public spending budget, the amount the UK pays now is a minuscule amount. The money paid to Brussels has been one of the biggest red herrings in this whole farce.
Especially since it pays for the running of lots of agencies that we’d have to have our own version of where the cost isn’t split 28 ways. I don’t know why the Remain campaign failed to make that clear.

Job

All the media, politicians and business leaders calling no deal a disaster and chaos.

Brexit ministers on TV last night saying its no problem...99% of it ready for no deal and it would go smoothly with little disruption.
Is the truth in the middle?
Or is this just good cop..bad cop.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
All the media, politicians and business leaders calling no deal a disaster and chaos.

Brexit ministers on TV last night saying its no problem...99% of it ready for no deal and it would go smoothly with little disruption.
Is the truth in the middle?
Or is this just good cop..bad cop.
Did you watch the link I posted last night? Brexiteers only economist joyfully saying it would mean ending the UK car industry.

Job

So he's basically saying we are propping up the car industry and anyone who takes it over is doing the same thing.

I have no way of knowing if that is true or he's talking through his ass.

Still conversation along the way would be interesting, but also if its in their minds, we are going to lose the car industry even if we stay in.
All ready Halewood by us is losing jobs to Slovenia....

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
according to this crowd : Norway's EU payments

Its between 30% to 12% less, before factoring in the return from EU. Hardly a miniscule amount :)

You are confusing Efta with the EEA, which we can join also or go for our own custom relationship with the EU and just pay for the bits we want. Much like Norway do.

Job

Its either out completely or trade deals that represent our economic clout.
All this Norway shit is boloks, theres about 15 people in Norway and 5 of them are drunk.
They are rich from selling planet destroying oil.
Destroying I tell you, either from co2 or people slipping over on it.

We should crash out and move all our money into Greek banks to piss them off...no that wouldnt work, Germany owns the banks..I mean they own the debt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
hte5hn183ya21.jpg

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't understand why Corbyn is getting hate for saying let's make sure we don't get a no deal Brexit.

If a cross-party deal cannot be agreed upon, or if the EU doesn't accept it then we should have another referendum.

It wouldn't weaken our bargaining position as much as saying that we'd just not leave.

Seems sensible to me.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don't understand why Corbyn is getting hate for saying let's make sure we don't get a no deal Brexit.

If a cross-party deal cannot be agreed upon, or if the EU doesn't accept it then we should have another referendum.

It wouldn't weaken our bargaining position as much as saying that we'd just not leave.

Seems sensible to me.
I don’t understand why he can’t just go to the talks and make the case that he won’t accept no deal there.

Gwadien

I don’t understand why he can’t just go to the talks and make the case that he won’t accept no deal there.

Because he's very public with everything he does; if he turned up to the meeting said that and Fraulein May said 'No' and he leaves in the next 10 minutes it'd make him look bad. Or at least that's what he thinks.

Either way, I think it's more an attempt to capitalise on everyone being shit scared of a no deal, whereas the Tories want to full-steam ahead regardless of the consequences, because they'll make £££££££££ either way.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, on a whole, do you think that you would have been better off not having a vote at all, and everyone would have been on their merry way with no mentions of brexit what so ever?

Job

The EU is a slow motion disaster and it would come out eventually in some way or another.
A country...a Europe split in two.
One half votes with their hearts, the other with their heads.
Can ee stop forgetting how funny everyone thought it was having Farage mouthing off in Brussels.
He was the face of Britain in the EU.
We voted him in...and that says everything about our attitude to the the continent...but now it might hit our wallets, half the country has gone all Europhile.

Gwadien

Or my interpretation is that there was a core of Leave people, but no-where as big as represented in the last referendum.

A weak Remain campaign and a Leave campaign based on lies caused Brexit, mix in a Tory Government and global economic hardship people were pissed off and were told that we'd have more control over what we do, we'd have less immigrants and we'd also be far richer.

I don't think the toxic political landscape is the main reason for why I think a referendum would vote for remain, I also think that people have generally found out that they've been lied to and things aren't going to be wonderful and there is a great deal of uncertainty for the future, that uncertainty was down played by prominent leave campaigners but now reality is taking hold and they're slowly changing their tune.

So yeah, to answer your question @fettoken I generally think that the majority of people in the UK just wished this shit never happened, especially since it's a huge distraction from our failing health service, our grossly under funded education and the highest wealth disparity in history.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So, on a whole, do you think that you would have been better off not having a vote at all, and everyone would have been on their merry way with no mentions of brexit what so ever?
It was a dumb idea to have a vote. We’d still have been talking about leaving a bit. Those people will never be happy but we wouldn’t be talking about it all the fucking time like we are now.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It was a dumb idea to have a vote. We’d still have been talking about leaving a bit. Those people will never be happy but we wouldn’t be talking about it all the fucking time like we are now.

Can't say I'm informed on how the UK was functioning before the Brexit deal, BUT, i do recall someone mentioning it is much much easier to (in plain English) fuck something up than to improve it slightly with an already functioning entity. While on one hand i do believe huge re-hauls of a country should be decided by everybody voting, but on the other hand, everybody's not really equipped with the insight to make such a call. There's not really a satisfying answer to that imo.

I do believe politicians as a whole need to be reined in if they step out of the framework of which promises they were voted in on.

Job

From the doom merchants at the Guardian no less.

More realistic projections have been provided by the consultancy firm Capital Economics. It forecasts that the economy will grow by 1.4% this year if May’s deal is eventually agreed, by 1.5% if a delay to the article 50 process leads to a softer Brexit, and by between 1% and -0.2% in the event of no deal, depending on whether it is orderly or not. Still a cost, in other words, but much more modest.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
From the doom merchants at the Guardian no less.

More realistic projections have been provided by the consultancy firm Capital Economics. It forecasts that the economy will grow by 1.4% this year if May’s deal is eventually agreed, by 1.5% if a delay to the article 50 process leads to a softer Brexit, and by between 1% and -0.2% in the event of no deal, depending on whether it is orderly or not. Still a cost, in other words, but much more modest.
Or:

A No-Deal Brexit Will Destroy the British Economy

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

So your idea to fix the dumb idea of having a vote is to have another one?

Makes total sense.

Job

I stopped reading when he started moaning about delays at the ports, as the guy who runs them disagrees. Even Calais have said there will be barely any more checks than now.
Exactly..I listened to the ex head of customs on the radio..he said it would make barely any difference.
Its all done at source.
Its checking for immigrants that slows down the ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom