Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well I sorta agree but UK = Politicians Clinging to Power > Business > People

Ormorof

FH is my second home
That's because in the EU People > Business

In the UK its Business > People

I would say the idea that people > than business is a bit of a dream even in the EU tbh, its better than it is in the UK but thats not really that hard atm

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree @Ormorof - they could (and should) have said that to British workers on day one.

But they *have* said it. And we still haven't.

That makes the Germany and France better than us.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You cant blame one side..
If we go off a cliff, we are both to blame.
But the EU will move..but it will game game changing for them when they do.
Tbh, I'm not sure if its best for everyone if we give THEM some room, they have a lot more to lose.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You cant blame one side..
If we go off a cliff, we are both to blame.
But the EU will move..but it will game game changing for them when they do.
Tbh, I'm not sure if its best for everyone if we give THEM some room, they have a lot more to lose.

So essentially, what you're saying is if the UK fails then it's the EUs fault however we shouldn't be lenient in negotiations because they have more to lose?

That's like driving at a brick wall, screaming for it to move out of the way because it'll get damaged, proceeding to crash into it, it being unharmed and your car being destroyed, and then getting upset because it didn't move and saying it's all its fault.

nb.

It's a brick wall, it doesn't give a fuck.

Job

Just because its because nihilistically populist to deride everything about the UK and to hold up the EU as some beacon of intelligence amongst remainers, everyone has lost touch with how bad this is for them.
I repeat this endlessly.
Their greatest soft power.
Their most powerful military
Their strongest intelligence
Their second biggest economy
Their largest stock market.
One of their nuclear powers

Just in pure economic clout we are equal to the lowest nineteen countries put together.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Cumbathes new Brexit movie..a balanced look at the vote.
Or a chance for luvvies to teinforce brexit stereotypes and throw in some rusky conspiracies.
Brexit: The Uncivil War (TV Movie 2019) - IMDb
Carol "Correction" Cadwallr had an epic meltdown about this film on twitter, wondering just what the fuck HBO were doing interfering in an "active" criminal investigation.

She went quiet when someone pointed out it was co-produced by her beloved Channel 4.

Job

I cant comment in the trailer theres only the one token thick white brexit couple.
I will take a guess the remainers are Indian barristers and a Pakistani hedge fund manager and they play baddie music when any of the Leave campaign come on.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Start your engines and facepalm away - https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-will-be-just-fine/

I should point out that no matter what the outcome for the UK I doubt many will actually want to follow us out, if nothing else this has been hard enough and we have our own currency.
I’m not going to facepalm but that article is nonsense. Quentin knows fuck all about fuck all. The idea that we’d quickly be able to make up for the loss of slick, tariff-free trade with the EU by striking quick new deals with non-EU countries that make the EU realise what a mistake it’s made is a pipe dream.

For one, trade deals take time and they involve compromise. Blah blah blah, that’s common knowledge now except to Quentin.

The second point is how would these new trade deals make us better off than we are now. There’s a big misconception that there’s a lot of room to get rid of tariffs the EU imposes that make everyday shopping more expensive than it could be. For the most part that is bollox. Funny case in point:

This Tory MP was so owned it's almost worth the price of Brexit by itself

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't see the problem with a car calling the fuzz if I crash, it seems kind of helpful.

Bodhi

I’m not going to facepalm but that article is nonsense. Quentin knows fuck all about fuck all. The idea that we’d quickly be able to make up for the loss of slick, tariff-free trade with the EU by striking quick new deals with non-EU countries that make the EU realise what a mistake it’s made is a pipe dream.

For one, trade deals take time and they involve compromise. Blah blah blah, that’s common knowledge now except to Quentin.

The second point is how would these new trade deals make us better off than we are now. There’s a big misconception that there’s a lot of room to get rid of tariffs the EU imposes that make everyday shopping more expensive than it could be. For the most part that is bollox. Funny case in point:

This Tory MP was so owned it's almost worth the price of Brexit by itself

Hmmm. This post just reads like one of the "debunkings" of Jordan Peterson you are so fond of - plenty of ad homs, no real substance. Although even those articles don't stoop low enough to quote The Poke. Multiple epic facepalms for that one.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm. This post just reads like one of the "debunkings" of Jordan Peterson you are so fond of - plenty of ad homs, no real substance. Although even those articles don't stoop low enough to quote The Poke. Multiple epic facepalms for that one.
Calling out someone as a bullshitter with no substance is a logical fallacy now? Show me the actual logic in Quentin's arguments and I'll have something better to work with.

Also, who cares if the article was on The Poke. The tweets in it linked to the actual trade deals that show 0% tariff thereby debunking the MP's claim.

Bodhi

Calling out someone as a bullshitter with no substance is a logical fallacy now? Show me the actual logic in Quentin's arguments and I'll have something better to work with.

Also, who cares if the article was on The Poke. The tweets in it linked to the actual trade deals that show 0% tariff thereby debunking the MP's claim.

Well yes, as that which is asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Do you have any that setting up trade agreements will be difficult without having to consider 27 other countries - without even mentioning Wallonia etc - given that most are happy with Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V with existing EU arrangements until we work out the details?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well yes, as that which is asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Given that I was complaining that Mr Letts was plucking stuff out of his arse without evidence in the first place I fail to see how Christopher Hitchens' maxim applies here.

Do you have any that setting up trade agreements will be difficult without having to consider 27 other countries - without even mentioning Wallonia etc - given that most are happy with Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V with existing EU arrangements until we work out the details?
Trade negotiators seem pretty clear on this and if the tariff is already 0 where's the benefit?

Job

This is a feature on lots of cars - what if you have a car crash in the middle of no-where?
Its a feature on all cars sold in Europe after a certain date..all part of the Gallileo/5G rollout...handy..compulsary..life changing..dystopian future they have planned for Eurocitizens.

Job

Jesus fucking christ I told one story about someone else who wasnt insured.
I have car/van/motorbike/jetski/ public indemnity and as if yesterday, holiday insurance.
Which totals a depressing 2200 quid a year.
But tell a lie often enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom