Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
6no8odwtsb961.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It is a bit odd, at some point someone made that decision and thought it would be a good idea

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm sure you work for the financial Times, always trying to get peeps to sign up!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
London’s financial sector started to feel the full effects of Brexit on the first trading day of 2021 as nearly €6bn of EU share dealing shifted away from the City to facilities in European capitals. Trading in equities such as Santander, Deutsche Bank and Total moved to EU marketplaces or back to primary exchanges such as the Madrid, Frankfurt and Paris bourses, according to data from Refinitiv — an abrupt change for investors in London who have grown accustomed to trading shares in Europe across borders without restrictions. Business on London hubs for euro-denominated share trading, including Cboe Europe, Turquoise and Aquis Exchange, shifted to their new EU venues set up late last year to cater for the end of the Brexit transition. The volume amounted to a sixth of all business on exchanges in Europe on Monday. “It’s been an extraordinary day. Shifting liquidity is one of the hardest things to do. It’s not ‘Big Bang’ — it’s ‘Bang and It’s Gone’. The City has lost its European share business,” said Alasdair Haynes, chief executive of Aquis Exchange. Although not the City’s most lucrative business, the departure of the share trading will mean less in tax receipts for the UK government. Mr Haynes also noted that it could encourage companies to list in the EU to benefit from smoother, more active trading conditions.

And so on...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
For decades, London-based trading systems and big investment banks have been at the heart of cross-border share trading, with up to 30 per cent of all EU shares traded across the continent passing through the City. But the UK’s trade deal with the EU largely omitted financial services. UK prime minister Boris Johnson admitted the agreement had failed to meet his ambitions on the sector. The EU had refused to recognise most of the UK’s regulatory systems as “equivalent” to their own, forcing all euro-denominated business to move back to the bloc. With financial services outside the UK-EU trade talks, share trading executives in London expected little from EU regulators and had been prepared for several years to trade as if the UK had left the EU with “no deal”. Mr Haynes said he doubted the EU would grant equivalence in share trading soon, if ever.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Trading in equities such as Santander, Deutsche Bank and Total moved to EU marketplaces or back to primary exchanges such as the Madrid, Frankfurt and Paris bourses, according to data from Refinitiv.....

Refinitiv... who the fuck are they? Sound like a right old bunch of cowboys to me..... :whistle:;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Who needs that protection from cancer-causing chemicals tho eh @Wij?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Global by name, global by natu... oh, no, that's not quite accurate.

I know its the way of the globalist and all , but if we are serious about climate change..global heating..end of the world...rare frogs etc...then why the fuck do we transport food so far.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yay, just how I want to spend my weekend, getting 6 trailers of goods that need to be on site by Monday through Customs through Felixstow. We were lucky the Dutch put the right address on things before, let alone all the shipping crap that is needed now.

They are struggling to do simple things like state that the goods haven't been shipped from China originally etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck brexit. Fuck it in it's ass. And anyone who voted for it.

Where are we at? 9th January?

Michael Gove said:
Unless the evidence base changes again, the government will keep these restrictions in place after we have left the EU

Yes, I know a couple of EU countries are doing it to - but the vast majority aren't. And, like Gove promised, the evidence base hasn't changed.

It's indicative of how we're going to (continuing) to act.

If sugar beet monoculture is unprofitable then it needs to die. It mostly ends up as animal feed (and therefore in us) and sometimes sugarc(bad, and still in us) - so fucking that part of farming over is a win for both the environment and animal and human health.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Talking to someone at work that had to pop Waitrose, it's mental there atm, panic panic panic.

Perfect storm of Brexit and Covid.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
On an unrelated note my mate heard summat reet daft in Kwik Save t'other day...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Subtext - I'm a tasteful individual, not vulgar and uncouth.

Heh, it's the nearest supermarket near work and kind of out the way.

I wouldn't be seen dead in there, it's all Aldi stuff in a different box but with a quid added to the price.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Heh, it's the nearest supermarket near work and kind of out the way.

I wouldn't be seen dead in there, it's all Aldi stuff in a different box but with a quid added to the price.

I'm perfectly comfortable with admitting Waitrose is about the only UK shop I miss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom