Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
@Job you're more pro Brexit than anyone here is anti Brexit, by a country mile, so that's why when you Google 'positive reports on the economy post brexit' then post the first link on here, everyone finds it hilarious that you call anyone else bias.
Well of course Im biased...its called the other side of the debate.

Job

Im sorry I dont read invisible ink.

Job

I presume that you're talking about me being out of the door at the end of March.

I'm training my Polish replacement right now. The split is logical after all - jobs that have been performed perfectly fine from the UK are being migrated to Europe. Brexit is certainly a driver in this. The offer of permanent employment was made (which I would have taken, it's a very good job - lots of money to the taxman) but when Brexit became an actual thing it was withdrawn.

As has been told, to my face, by the bank.

So on this point - fuck you @Job. You're a cunt who is trying to lecture me about what's happening in my own life.

On your other points - you know just as much about any of this as you do about the above. Try listening to people who have direct experience of things. You might learn something.
I do listen to people and when they make predictions I watch how they play out and how much I feel they are motivated by peer pressure.
So far the doom scenarios have almost completely failed to materialise.
Losing your job to a polish guy.....well that happened to all the plumbers and joiners around here ten years ago.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I do listen to people and when they make predictions I watch how they play out and how much I feel they are motivated by peer pressure.
So far the doom scenarios have almost completely failed to materialise.
Losing your job to a polish guy.....well that happened to all the plumbers and joiners around here ten years ago.

You're missing the point.

I think this might be the problem; when we're talking about the mass loss of jobs, you're only thinking about people 'in the trade' who's work can't go abroad for practical reasons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have no problem training up the polish girl in my role. She's sharp and well educated and plesant. We've all got to earn a crust.

I have a problem with Brexit being the reason that my job is being moved to poland. (She's not come over to the UK and performed to a higher standard than me, worked much harder and outshone me with her qualifications and experience - like the polish plumbers all did when they put you out of business). Brexit. The thing you voted for, is the reason for the job leaving the UK and moving abroad. At a net loss to the UK, and a personal loss to me.

Explain to me how that's "nothing to do with" Brexit @Job. Explain it's just "doom mongering" for the many people it's happening to.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes (IMO), but straws, clutching. Doesn't compensate for the really important stuff (like job losses and the loss of whole industries) does it.

(plus, it's both been amended since the protest and we voted for it)

Job

Its
I have no problem training up the polish girl in my role. She's sharp and well educated and plesant. We've all got to earn a crust.

I have a problem with Brexit being the reason that my job is being moved to poland. (She's not come over to the UK and performed to a higher standard than me, worked much harder and outshone me with her qualifications and experience - like the polish plumbers all did when they put you out of business). Brexit. The thing you voted for, is the reason for the job leaving the UK and moving abroad. At a net loss to the UK, and a personal loss to me.

Explain to me how that's "nothing to do with" Brexit @Job. Explain it's just "doom mongering" for the many people it's happening to.
Its an excuse to replace you with someone who'll work for less, thats how polish plumbers took jobs...they let them in to reduce the earnings of the working class...and now its your turn.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its
Its an excuse to replace you with someone who'll work for less, thats how polish plumbers took jobs...they let them in to reduce the earnings of the working class...and now its your turn.
No. They've always had thst option. It's called offshoring and it's been going on for years without people whining like plumbers.

This is a business separation due to Brexit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And you believed him.
I'm involved in setting it up.

Belief isn't a requirement. I'm doing it.

Go on. Tell me it's nothing to do with brexit. Direct result. Tell me that part of what I'm doing as my job isn't actually a thing.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Job only sees his reality - he has absolutely no appreciation of the reality of others...

Job

Your job has zero protection...thats why they pay you more, you know that.

Any number of world financial decisions can finish your contract, it happens every day to thousands of consultants and contract workers.
It also opens up doors just as fast.

Just admit it a shit boring job without the security to numb the pain.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Any number of world financial decisions can finish your contract, it happens every day to thousands of consultants and contract workers.
It also opens up doors just as fast.

Just admit it a shit boring job without the security to numb the pain.

I'll admit that you're a Troll just trying to get attention and annoy people

Job

So telling the truth is trolling...
Oh yes
When you dont like the truth.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
1) Was offered permanent employment
2) Offer was withdrawn because of separation of european businesses (which I'm involved in the management of) - because. of. Brexit.
3) I'm involved in working on that.

So tell me again Job, how the thing I'm working on is just imaginary, that it's nothing to do with Brexit and it's just a financial decision.

Go on plumberboy. Tell me that I have no actual clue what I'm working on and that they pay me lots of cash simply to be a clueless idiot who fails to have a basic grasp on reality and his own role.

Brexit. < Causal. Period.

Job

But you dont even want full time employment, you hate the job.

Any number of world events can finish you up in the finance sector and also open up opportunities and brexit will bring them as well.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
1) Was offered permanent employment
2) Offer was withdrawn because of separation of european businesses (which I'm involved in the management of) - because. of. Brexit.
3) I'm involved in working on that.

So tell me again Job, how the thing I'm working on is just imaginary, that it's nothing to do with Brexit and it's just a financial decision.

Go on plumberboy. Tell me that I have no actual clue what I'm working on and that they pay me lots of cash simply to be a clueless idiot who fails to have a basic grasp on reality and his own role.

Brexit. < Causal. Period.
Its completely obvious some industries and sectors will be negatively affected by brexit. Some will find opportunities too. Time will tell on the balance of each.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On a secondary, on-topic note - it's far from a shit job. It's IT portfolio management. It's both mentally challenging and involves talking to people from all different timezones working in lots of different disciplines solving all sorts of different challenges on a daily basis.

For some people it's a dream job. Just for me, with how I feel about banking and it's basic nature, it cannot enthuse and there are conflicts of morality. But until the system changes we all have no option but to try to do the best we can under it.

My change in personal circumstances mean that the balance has tipped the other way and this very real loss, directly caused by brexit, is going to be a big problem for me going forward.

Not just for me, but for many people.

@Moriath's platitudes about "time will tell" how it works out for the country are cynical and personally offensive. You voted me out of a job you fucker - despite me telling you that would be the result.

Politics is personal.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Its completely obvious some industries and sectors will be negatively affected by brexit. Some will find opportunities too. Time will tell on the balance of each.

Some?

You mean most, like any business that does any business outside the UK? Or relies on foreign businesses in the UK.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
On a secondary, on-topic note - it's far from a shit job. It's IT portfolio management. It's both mentally challenging and involves talking to people from all different timezones working in lots of different disciplines solving all sorts of different challenges on a daily basis.

For some people it's a dream job. Just for me, with how I feel about banking and it's basic nature, it cannot enthuse and there are conflicts of morality. But until the system changes we all have no option but to try to do the best we can under it.

My change in personal circumstances mean that the balance has tipped the other way and this very real loss, directly caused by brexit, is going to be a big problem for me going forward.

Not just for me, but for many people.

@Moriath's platitudes about "time will tell" how it works out for the country are cynical and personally offensive. You voted me out of a job you fucker - despite me telling you that would be the result.

Politics is personal.
Hahahahaha.
15,188k votes to get @Scouse the sack.

You must be so self absorbed to think any of them specifically voted to get you the chop. Let alone me.

Dont talk so much shit. There are a lot of fluctuations in the job market. I guess woolworths employees were losing their jobs cause they thought people might vote to leave europe at some point.

Just because you dont like it. Doesnt mean that the estimates will come true. Just because it affected your company doesnt mean that the majority will be affected negatively.

so like i said some will some wont. You are raw and bias in this.

we will see in 12 months time or more with the economic reports if the predictions are true.

at the moment they are fortune tellers. And they dont know if their predictions will come true or not.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There are a lot of fluctuations in the job market
Yes there are.

I'm involved in a process getting rid of UK employees and contract staff (including myself), and migrating their roles to the EU because of Brexit.

Not because of fluctuations. Because of Brexit. You know - the thing leavers (you) said wouldn't happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway - you're drinking tonight again I see. Eleven facepalms.

Even for stuff where I've agreed with people :wanker:

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I find it quite stunning that some people question the absolute reality. It redas like :

Person
So I have been asked to work on a project to move all transactional work to Poland as once Brexit happens the UK will not be able to service its key market any more. We will leave 10 people behind to service the UK and move 90 to Poland.

Forum answers
No it has nothing to do with Brexit

Person
The project is called Brexit migration project

I am unsure as to what is difficulty to understand - and ffs a chaps life is being turned up side down due to something he didn’t vote for - get your heads out of your conceited asses and show some empathy.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I find it quite stunning that some people question the absolute reality. It redas like :

Person
So I have been asked to work on a project to move all transactional work to Poland as once Brexit happens the UK will not be able to service its key market any more. We will leave 10 people behind to service the UK and move 90 to Poland.

Forum answers
No it has nothing to do with Brexit

Person
The project is called Brexit migration project

I am unsure as to what is difficulty to understand - and ffs a chaps life is being turned up side down due to something he didn’t vote for - get your heads out of your conceited asses and show some empathy.
It's not difficult to understand - they just refuse to accept that it's happening (even after being given first-hand evidence of it happening). And @Moriath conveyed this by mocking @Scouse, because that's just the kind of top-drawer person he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom