Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Canada..seriously, you're comparing the most populous country in Europe with Canada.

Exactly, 37m people managed to care for more asylum seekers than us, how shameful.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
He doesn't care. His "logic" is that a mixed race couple fled the horrors of racism in an EU member state to go to the safe haven that is England (to go *back* to where they originally met which presumably means they both have family and friends in London), therefore the EU is rife with racism and there's none in England. The guy's a fucking idiot, he's even said Brexit was an anti-immigration vote in the past.
Its amusing how you fill in your own gaps to change the basis of my post.

No I'm obviously not saying England is a faultless safe haven and its funny how quickly a lot of people here forget their tirades of little racist England....glorious progressive EU posts, which is actually just regurgitating the bullshit from the anti brexit, armchair snobs that is the 'liberal left' these days.

You wont even allow me the slightest dig and your rather burst bubble will you.

Gwadien

England....glorious

I love it how you use an ellipsis so accurately.

I do feel like I'm missing at least a sentence or two here.

But yes, I do still believe that England has a higher proportion of ape-brained people than most European countries, it's not their fault though, it's years of political brainwashing and conditioning.

Nor is it your fault little one. *pats on the head*

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Its amusing how you fill in your own gaps to change the basis of my post.

No I'm obviously not saying England is a faultless safe haven and its funny how quickly a lot of people here forget their tirades of little racist England....glorious progressive EU posts, which is actually just regurgitating the bullshit from the anti brexit, armchair snobs that is the 'liberal left' these days.

You wont even allow me the slightest dig and your rather burst bubble will you.

What?

Job

I love it how you use an ellipsis so accurately.

I do feel like I'm missing at least a sentence or two here.

But yes, I do still believe that England has a higher proportion of ape-brained people than most European countries, it's not their fault though, it's years of political brainwashing and conditioning.

Nor is it your fault little one. *pats on the head*
Why on Earth do you feel there are more Ape brains in England?
The continent doesnt have trashy papers, bullshitting politicians, racism, xenophobia, biased tv, sink estates, football hooligans and white supremacists?

Well if fucking course it does and the political landscape says it all.
You are falling for the classic 'other side of fence is greener'.
Do you hear Unicorn singing when you think of the continent?

georgie

FH is my second home
Its first..youre including Scotland and Wales...they are other countries and no immigrants ever go there.

Um, if you take out Wales and Scotland that would make it the 4th most populous. :confused:

Gwadien

Why on Earth do you feel there are more Ape brains in England?
The continent doesnt have trashy papers, bullshitting politicians, racism, xenophobia, biased tv, sink estates, football hooligans and white supremacists?

Well if fucking course it does and the political landscape says it all.
You are falling for the classic 'other side of fence is greener'.
Do you hear Unicorn singing when you think of the continent?

I think you're right though.

the anti-European anti-Liberal movement definitely is on the rise across Europe.

The difference is that on the continent they had a pretty in -just- living memory which devastated much of Europe and made life very difficult, which had just been repaired after another war anyway.

The difference is that whilst the Boomers in the UK were getting paid to do fuck all and having a pretty chill life and buying their 4 bedroom house at 20, continental Europeans were still rebuilding their countries and building the European project, because you know - those wars were pretty bad, let's try and do stuff to avoid it. Like trying to build a cooperative union of like-minded countries rather than trying to compete in every area and trying to be isolationist.

The reason why Brexit grew as a movement is because of that disconnect from the reality of total war, combined with an economic recession, followed by an increasing disparity of wealth meant that people are trying to find meaning in their lives by finding something to blame; the EU.

You call it Britain's biggest revolution - go and do some research about different revolutions and what caused them; shit lives then a scapegoat.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its first..youre including Scotland and Wales...they are other countries and no immigrants ever go there.

Even if its just England its not first, that would be the Netherlands, but that's a retarded argument anyway as a. yes refugees do go to Scotland and Wales and are counted as the UK not individual countries, and b. if you're going to try and play fast and loose with population density figures then Canada isn't sending refugees to Saskatchewan or the Yukon either, its a fucking stupid argument. And more to the point, it wasn't really what I was talking about in my post anyway, which was about points systems not being incompatible with humanitarian goals, if you choose that approach. Of course if cunts like you were in charge we'd be machine gunning them at the beaches.

Job

I think you're right though.

the anti-European anti-Liberal movement definitely is on the rise across Europe.

The difference is that on the continent they had a pretty in -just- living memory which devastated much of Europe and made life very difficult, which had just been repaired after another war anyway.

The difference is that whilst the Boomers in the UK were getting paid to do fuck all and having a pretty chill life and buying their 4 bedroom house at 20, continental Europeans were still rebuilding their countries and building the European project, because you know - those wars were pretty bad, let's try and do stuff to avoid it. Like trying to build a cooperative union of like-minded countries rather than trying to compete in every area and trying to be isolationist.

The reason why Brexit grew as a movement is because of that disconnect from the reality of total war, combined with an economic recession, followed by an increasing disparity of wealth meant that people are trying to find meaning in their lives by finding something to blame; the EU.

You call it Britain's biggest revolution - go and do some research about different revolutions and what caused them; shit lives then a scapegoat.
Good fucking god on a shistick.

Ww2 destroyed Britain..we lost our empire...decades of debt and a huge chunk of our male population.
Dont even fucking go there that we had it easy.

Gwadien

Ww2 destroyed Britain..we lost our empire...decades of debt and a huge chunk of our male population.

I like that I make a point about lack of personal experience of the destruction...

Then you talk about the loss of Empire, lol.

Job

And you talk about baby boomers having it easy.
They worked their asses off to have it easy while mourning their dead.

Gwadien

I'm not sure you know what boomers actually are.

Job

Yes..my dad is one.
He lost older relatives and friends to fighting and bombing.

They bombed the fuck out of Liverpool.

Gwadien

Yes..my dad is one.
He lost older relatives and friends to fighting and bombing.

They bombed the fuck out of Liverpool.

Barely comparable to the bombing of German cities and occupation of most of Europe.

DaGaffer

Yeah...no. Baby boomers were their children. Fuck me you're dumb as rocks.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
ow2hddu6wzb41.png

DaGaffer

Of all the EU countries that were involved in WW2 (eg not Ireland, Sweden, Spain and Portugal), only two countries, Luxembourg and Denmark, had a lower casualty rate than the UK. Every other country lost more people per cap and more infrastructure than the UK, and even if fully deserved (eg the Axis powers) had to recover with less resources and aid than the UK.

As for losing the Empire; it had been costing us more than it was worth since WW1, and probably before that. It was great that we had the Commonwealth to help us fight our wars, but even then we had to ask for help (every Indian soldier was a volunteer for instance), so “Empire” had serious limits.

Job

So this all equates to the last generations having it easy...we didnt lose the most.

We can go down a multitude of roads with the aftermath of ww2 and to say they had no aid is ridiculous...Germany was rebuilt, we could have wiped it off the face of the Earth and absorbed the western half into other countries.

The original tired argument is that baby boomers had it easy and have fucked over the youth....there is sooo much wrong with that statement it would take a book to cover it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom