Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It wasnt idiotic though was it..
It was a perfectly reasonable observation of an article that started off on a high horse then went on validate the concerns.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It wasnt idiotic though was it..
It was a perfectly reasonable observation of an article that started off on a high horse then went on validate the concerns.

Fuck off.

You were upset with it because it criticised Brexit in any shape or form, nothing less or nothing more.

Job

It was possibly the weakest brexit dig since the war.

Job

Yes...because the fucking remainers spent the entire time trying to block it.

Everything...every last problem since the vote is in their court.
If we'd left the next day with no deal, we'd be cruising by now.
Instead three years of total instability and stagnation.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

I think your crystal ball is fucked.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Demonstrate how that 'cruising' would have been achieved

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And how something nobody even mentioned at the time as being even a possibility (leaving without a deal, the day after the vote) would've worked.

Job

Name two things the entire remain project achieved for the good of the UK.
Three years of division, snobbery, elitism, denial, anti democracy and the total destruction of trust.

Yes back to the good things.................................
Anything?

Gwadien

Name two things the entire Brexit project achieved for the good of the UK.
Three years of division, snobbery, elitism, denial, anti democracy and the total destruction of trust.

Anything?

Fixed

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Name two things the entire remain project achieved for the good of the UK.

Anything?

You convincingly demonstrate how the UK would be "cruising" after an immediate no deal Brexit first then I'll answer your question.

Job

Because a no deal brexit is just a bureaucratic blip and three years would have been plenty of time to secure worldwide deals and a new relationship with Europe.

And would have spared us the world spectacle of the establishment ignoring democracy, which has not gone unoticed across Europe.

Job

Ah healing those wounds.

Liberal Democrat peer Lord Greaves claimed that any official celebrations to mark Brexit could lead to scenes reminiscent of Nazi Germany.

The veteran peer said many Remainers and EU citizens were still crying themselves to sleep over Brexit.

'They are feeling a sense of loss which is akin to bereavement and a grieving process has only just begun,' he said.

Lord Greaves added: 'In these circumstances, triumphalistic behaviour, festivals of Brexit and all the rest will simply make things worse.

He went on: 'I am fearful that on January 31 some things may happen in some places which could be reminiscent of things happening in Germany in the early 1930s.

'I am worried about this, because there is that sentiment amongst a hostile minority of the population.'

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ah healing those wounds.

Liberal Democrat peer Lord Greaves claimed that any official celebrations to mark Brexit could lead to scenes reminiscent of Nazi Germany.

The veteran peer said many Remainers and EU citizens were still crying themselves to sleep over Brexit.

'They are feeling a sense of loss which is akin to bereavement and a grieving process has only just begun,' he said.

Lord Greaves added: 'In these circumstances, triumphalistic behaviour, festivals of Brexit and all the rest will simply make things worse.

He went on: 'I am fearful that on January 31 some things may happen in some places which could be reminiscent of things happening in Germany in the early 1930s.

'I am worried about this, because there is that sentiment amongst a hostile minority of the population.'

Is anything he says untrue?

Job

I do hope he's referring to remainers, because that's quite a not so subtle hint at leavers going around beating up immigrants.

Leavers despair at the establishment , remainers turn on leavers

It just makes me sad that the EU has manged to sell itself as a united Europe, while overseeing its descent into the nationalist right wing.
wtf are they crying about, have we abandoned Europe because we dont like a temporary bureaucracy

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I suppose the sudden rise in the number of reports of racist incidents and race-related hate crimes in the days and weeks following the referendum was remainers too...

Gwadien

Ah healing those wounds.

So you expect us to be out waving our union flags when Brexit day hits?

Nah.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes without support from the EU, Britain won't have the same strength as it stands alone in the world.

It used to have the power of the whole of the EU behind it to stand up against the US but now...:(

Gwadien

Even if Trump is a nutter, future Presidents won't be criticising him for formally making us their bitch :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well no exactly.

It's like buying car insurance. If you have only 1 car you dont have much bargaining power. If you have a whole fleet of cars you have more power to get a bigger discount

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom