Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
EU saying one thing, Boris saying another.

They're probably both lying.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like negotiation to me.

Don't see what remainers have to do with it at all though @Job.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We actually hinted at this right after the vote result and the EU went ballistic.

Obviously things have got a lot more toxic since.

Because of remainers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's brexiters doing it Job. They're in charge now.

How is this remainers fault?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

It's easy to play his utterly transparent games when he's in the safe confines of Number 10 or the Houses of Parliament but not so easy when he meets "the people".

Job

Oh fuck off, at least hes willing to meet the angry mob.

Has he been caught on a mike afterwards calling him a bigot?

Gordon Brown should shut his fucking mouth for all eternity.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

As should you tbfh....

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Going to meet the angry mob in pro-Brexit lands.

Brave dude.

The bloke is right though, in order to bring unity to the UK Boris atleast needs to show that he's negotiating with the EU which means that he should be there in person, I know that won't really change the outcome of negotiations, but it shows the symbolism that he cares to give his personal attention rather than travelling around trying to get votes in the next election.

But that being said, his fan base would probably dislike the idea of him going to Brussels, because the EU aren't worth his attention.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is he supposed to be in the EU every day until brexit? In person? For all the time?

What tosh.

Gwadien

Is he supposed to be in the EU every day until brexit? In person? For all the time?

What tosh.

No, but he should be showing interest and cooperation, more than May did anyway.

He wants a no deal Brexit because it'll make his Tory on steroids dreams a reality, but in order for 'unity' he really shouldn't make that obvious.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, but he should be showing interest and cooperation, more than May did anyway.
How does he "show" that?

He's been to Europe, met with the EU leaders. The EU leaders have released statements saying he's been talking to them about it.

Other than brexit, he's still got a fucking country to run - and he needs to be here for that.

Presenteeism - "oh, you're not doing your job unless you're in the office" or "be seen to be here after 5:30pm or you don't get a pay rise".

Fuck that. I now go into the office 1 day a week. The company policy is 3 days a week (and they enforce it of their permanent staff). But I'm getting the job done and they know better than to demand it of me because I'll work to the hours they want me to - and nothing more.

Frankly - whilst I dislike Boris intensely, his strategy is a better one. And maybe if we didn't have a Remainer PM in charge for the bulk of this shitshow then we'd have got somewhere.

Other than unilaterally guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens currently in the UK (which I'd have done immediately as it's the right thing to do) then the position to take in a negotiation is that everything is on the table. Hardball. Otherwise the only outcome, ever, is that you get fucked in the ass.

This isn't a "discussion between friends". It's a negotiation.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How does he "show" that?

He's been to Europe, met with the EU leaders. The EU leaders have released statements saying he's been talking to them about it.

Other than brexit, he's still got a fucking country to run - and he needs to be here for that.

Presenteeism - "oh, you're not doing your job unless you're in the office" or "be seen to be here after 5:30pm or you don't get a pay rise".

Fuck that. I now go into the office 1 day a week. The company policy is 3 days a week (and they enforce it of their permanent staff). But I'm getting the job done and they know better than to demand it of me because I'll work to the hours they want me to - and nothing more.

Frankly - whilst I dislike Boris intensely, his strategy is a better one. And maybe if we didn't have a Remainer PM in charge for the bulk of this shitshow then we'd have got somewhere.

Other than unilaterally guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens currently in the UK (which I'd have done immediately as it's the right thing to do) then the position to take in a negotiation is that everything is on the table. Hardball. Otherwise the only outcome, ever, is that you get fucked in the ass.

So you believe him when he says they are negotiating with the EU.?

Gwadien

How does he "show" that?

He's the PM, not a bank worker.

Symbolism is important.

Saying 'Fuck the EU, but I promise we'll get a deal going, I promise' doesn't wash with me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you believe him when he says they are negotiating with the EU.?
I've already stated - neither side is being honest.

He's clearly had contact with the EU, they're rebuffing (basically, they don't want to move unless they *have* to - so he's kinda right about the no-deal stuff going through parliament cutting the legs out from underneath him - it's a retarded position to be taking in negotiations). But frankly, until no-deal is back on the table then there's nothing to negotiate tbh - we've got our deal and the EU has no reason to budge.

The EU is gambling on our parliament backing down and taking the deal they've rejected multiple times (with maybe a bit of extra window dressing). Or they're happy for us to leave and renegotiate terms afterwards.

Personally, I don't really give a fuck either way any more.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I've already stated - neither side is being honest.

He's clearly had contact with the EU, they're rebuffing (basically, they don't want to move unless they *have* to - so he's kinda right about the no-deal stuff going through parliament cutting the legs out from underneath him - it's a retarded position to be taking in negotiations). But frankly, until no-deal is back on the table then there's nothing to negotiate tbh - we've got our deal and the EU has no reason to budge.

The EU is gambling on our parliament backing down and taking the deal they've rejected multiple times (with maybe a bit of extra window dressing). Or they're happy for us to leave and renegotiate terms afterwards.

Personally, I don't really give a fuck either way any more.

Yes but he is the one who has decided to force a no deal Brexit through and now got us in this situation rather than a more collaborative approach.
So yes the EU has no reason to budge so it's up to the UK to make a decision how they wish to proceed.

If you can't get parliament to make the choice then what are the options?

A general Election and / or another referendum specifying how to exit ie no deal or current deal or another deal or remain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes but he is the one who has decided to force a no deal Brexit through and now got us in this situation rather than a more collaborative approach.
The collaborative approach didn't work. That was May's approach and it's been a spectacular shitshow of a failure. As I said above.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The collaborative approach didn't work. That was May's approach and it's been a spectacular shitshow of a failure. As I said above.

Well it was a single party collaboration that didn't have a majority so unlikely to work well.

Job

We are now at a point in this ludicrous excuse for 'representarive democracy' where the personal will of the MPs has a sitting prime minister down to arguing the laws are only theoretical.

I would say this is the final death throes of a system that only worked by being partially hidden behind a smokescreen, the brexit vote is probably a millenia cleanout we needed.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We are now at a point in this ludicrous excuse for 'representarive democracy' where the personal will of the MPs has a sitting prime minister down to arguing the laws are only theoretical.

I would say this is the final death throes of a system that only worked by being partially hidden behind a smokescreen, the brexit vote is probably a millenia cleanout we needed.

Parliament demanding supremacy over the Executive? Sure, that's never happened before.
charlesexecution.gif

Gwadien

Personal will of MPs?

I think you'll find the vast majority of brits think a no deal Brexit is an awful idea.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1e7823ca-d0d3-11e9-bac7-3a108794927b.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
38% vs 49% think no deal is an acceptable outcome. Less than 50% of the population as polled say "bad".

So whilst I agree a majority of positive respondents, it's not exactly a "vast" majority of the UK by any stretch of the imagination...

Job

No one wants a no deal...especially the EU.

It only looks bad on paper though, the reality is a simple PR disaster, even the doomster head of the Bank of England has said it's effects have largely diminished.
If the EU wants to fulfill its power grab as one of the top three world powers it needs Britain and even if we pull out of most of its influence ,it needs us on good talking terms.
Remainers are intent on stirring a pot that would have been long settled, they are pissing off the EU..pissing off the majority who voted for brexit and dragging parliament into a farce in front of the next generation.

If they'd have got behind Boris we would have the best deal practically possible by now, our strongest position and thats it.
As it is we are weak, disorganised and easy prey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom