Pets etc

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
what dmg type do pets have? cept for the obvious ones that hold a weapon (bone commander,...)
might sound noobish or whatever but i'm curious :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
seems to me, random sorc ml9 pet hits me for 400 or so when buffed. However if you got a 2h templar pet they can hit for 800 and double swing.

Caba ml9 does around 300-400 it seems and same for chanter pets or around that area.

Ml9 sucks !!!!

They should chage pets so they don't get grp heals or spread heals or what ever it is. And make sure that you have to target the pet indivualy and have los for heals to work as thats another piss take when pet users can send ml9 pet on you, hide in ck and spam heals or behind a bridge tower while pet rapes you. :(

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
seems to me, random sorc ml9 pet hits me for 400 or so when buffed. However if you got a 2h templar pet they can hit for 800 and double swing.

Caba ml9 does around 300-400 it seems and same for chanter pets or around that area.

Ml9 sucks !!!!

They should chage pets so they don't get grp heals or spread heals or what ever it is. And make sure that you have to target the pet indivualy and have los for heals to work as thats another piss take when pet users can send ml9 pet on you, hide in ck and spam heals or behind a bridge tower while pet rapes you. :(
imo quick fix would be to raise templar to lvl 51

anyhow wich dmg-type does a hunter pet have? the specific one i'm wondering about :)

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Pets are not broken.

I could moan about the intercept rates of SM's

I could moan about hunter pets and disease

You choose to moan about ml9 pets on sorcs and templars and want the level raised. If you looked closely at how many times you run into a sorc with that kind of pet i doubt it is very often at all.

What next your want all level's raised as we go through the pet type, find something you do not like and wipe them all out? The Caithes were taken away due to see hidden. The chickens off soon due to the stuns?

Live with it as I do with other realms and the pets they own.

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
Not sure, but i think theres a patch coming where u can tell pet what type to use

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
razeredge said:
Not sure, but i think theres a patch coming where u can tell pet what type to use
jup but not hunter pet afaik and druid pets, think they're slash maybe

anyhow i'm not whining about pets, just a bit of info ;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Alhanna said:
Pets are not broken.

I could moan about the intercept rates of SM's

I could moan about hunter pets and disease

You choose to moan about ml9 pets on sorcs and templars and want the level raised. If you looked closely at how many times you run into a sorc with that kind of pet i doubt it is very often at all.

What next your want all level's raised as we go through the pet type, find something you do not like and wipe them all out? The Caithes were taken away due to see hidden. The chickens off soon due to the stuns?

Live with it as I do with other realms and the pets they own.
Well, I can understand why ppl moan about sorc pets as Albion is the only realm who really benefits of the option of charming mobs. You never see a hunter or a mentalist running around with a pet. The only alb caster without a pet is a wizard and they rarely gets grps, so sorcs, cabas and theurgs are the main casters in alb grps which will mean pets all over the place and some of em are most likely ml9'd.. I agree with Brad that casters needs los to heal their pet and grp heals shouldn't heal pets

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
remove pets from game , never heard an argument that supported pets from a gameplay POW :)

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
sorc pets arent really that impressive a skill overall in rvr tbh:

would rate pets like this in rvr:

-Bonedancer (hardhitting main pet, strong healers in certain situations)
-Spiritmaster (average damage, some procs, crazy intercept)
-Cabalist (average damage, some procs, pretty insane RR5 for some cases)
-Enchanter (average damage, some added possibilities in heals etc)
-Sorcerer (pathetic to great damage, depending on what is availeble and how much time you want to spend etc etc)
- Minstrels (suffer from some of the downfalls of mentalist charm, stronger overall though)
-Hunter (readily availeble, on a melee class, good procs, kinda low damage compared to ml9 pets)
-Druid (mostly there to interupt for many specs, can be mean though in small fights with the right commitment)
-Mentalist (anoyying and unreliable)

Thats about all the true pet classes (cant consider Animist, Theurgs or Necros in the same league)

Ofcuase some of it can be argued, but as an ability the classes with a readily usable summon, is better off then sorcerers..

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Enli said:
what dmg type do pets have? cept for the obvious ones that hold a weapon (bone commander,...)
might sound noobish or whatever but i'm curious :)
Chanter pets should be slash
Therg pets should be slash too,but not sure.

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:

-Sorcerer (pathetic to great damage, depending on what is availeble and how much time you want to spend etc etc)
- Minstrels (suffer from some of the downfalls of mentalist charm, stronger overall though)
-Hunter (readily availeble, on a melee class, good procs, kinda low damage compared to ml9 pets)
-Druid (mostly there to interupt for many specs, can be mean though in small fights with the right commitment)

i would say menta and mincer pets are the same

but menta better because mincer cant use abla or flute mezz while having pet

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
whinersmincer said:

you dont know how to quote, and i dont think you know how mentalist pets work (or minstrel)...

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Think i remember reading Druid bear and tree pets are crush and the wolf and lynx are slash damage.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
whinersmincer said:
Illtar said:

Menta better? erm sure a charm chant that can be resisted sure is the top -.-

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Charmed buffed pet damage is over the top and been there for too long time period.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:
You never see a hunter or a mentalist running around with a pet.

Could that be because the Hunter pet is so incredibly OP as it is now?

How many Mentalists do you ever see in RVR? I can think of one - Mentalists need love TBH...

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Moaning Myrtle said:
How many Mentalists do you ever see in RVR? I can think of one - Mentalists need love TBH...

I can think of 5 of the top of my head and all in my guild other than that none.

Btw none of them use pet's due to the charm resist thing :(

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
you dont know how to quote, and i dont think you know how mentalist pets work (or minstrel)...

i have played menta and mincer so i should mean yes unlesh the changed menta pets since i played them last ( 1 yeah ago )

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
brad said:

Ml9 sucks !!!!

gg making it a ml9 whine thread now

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Rofl, a question about pets and it instantly goes about ML9 being OP'd

Druid:
-lynx = slash
-bear/tree = crush
-wolf = pierce

Enchanter:
-friend = thrust with CS styles and CD
-ally = crush with blunt styles
-compatriot = slash with blade styles
-zealot and companion = thrust OR crush

Cabbalist:
-melee = slash atm, crush next patch
-magic = body afaik, not 100% sure

This is what I could find out =) All who carry a weapon deal damage accordingly though and use the appropriate styles. I couldn't find out about the necro, hunter and lvl 1 SM pet.

Belgerath said:
I can think of 5 of the top of my head and all in my guild other than that none.

Btw none of them use pet's due to the charm resist thing :(

Their loss, Elwizardo always used pets and I think he was a rather good mentalist =)

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Moaning Myrtle said:
Could that be because the Hunter pet is so incredibly OP as it is now?

Yeah givf love to mentas :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I believe Theurgsit earth pets are crush damage, ice pets cold damage and air pets spirit.

Getting back on topic that is of cause.

As for ml9, wait for the nerf soon, THEN moan :rolleyes:

I'd rather fight a pet that simply hits hard like (some) sorc pets, then ones with instant disease or 100% intercept or slam.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Menta better? erm sure a charm chant that can be resisted sure is the top -.-

you mistakenly put some of his words in the quote of me :=X

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:

isolationist arsmen with 2h pole are about the pets that hit for most, even more than templars. although templars are some of the hardest hitting pets around, they are not the hardest hitting.

and ML9 gets nerfed soon anway for rvr purpose. +10 instead of +20 levels.

but yes, it is a bit silly that you can have an afk caster with a fully buffed ml9 pet on agrresive who can still beat the crap out of a rr5+ toa`d and ml 10 tank who gets near.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:
Well, I can understand why ppl moan about sorc pets as Albion is the only realm who really benefits of the option of charming mobs.
yeah until 1.87

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
I believe Theurgsit earth pets are crush damage, ice pets cold damage and air pets spirit.

Getting back on topic that is of cause.

As for ml9, wait for the nerf soon, THEN moan :rolleyes:

I'd rather fight a pet that simply hits hard like (some) sorc pets, then ones with instant disease or 100% intercept or slam.

Mebbe for your arms, but in general ml9'ing charmed pets (like only sorcs can atm........) is just stupidly overpowered. That givin to a class with bolt range mezz, dex/qui, dex, str/con, str debuff, lifetap, root, spd ^^ and a DI bot that always seems to come with the sorc, because its so underpowered. Add a rr5 that makes it impossible to melee it for some time (just like the arms rr5! :D) and tada there's your hardmode class.

Anyways i'd rather fight a hunter or sm (even with ml9 up) then a sorc + DI bot + ml9'd templer/iso merc. Then again you only play a arms, so you never come across one.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The problem with ment pets in RvR ain't really flat-out resists - as long as u keep under the mob lvl u can reliably charm they happens v rarely.

The tether range is the main pain; pet goes out of the 2k radius and it bounces back and aggros you. Anyone who knows this can just kite it out of range if u pet em, so at best u have to spend whole fight keeping one eye on the tether range of the pet.

ofc is with pathing issues everytime u walk it over or under a bridge u risk it somehow running out of range and aggroing u. You don't really want pet aggro at choke points...

Other thing is whenever u get mezzed or stunned charm on pet will drop for a pulse, resetting passive/aggro/defensive status on pet, one more thing to keep watching for if u don't want the little fucker breaking all ur mezzes. So more pet babyminding.

Word is we're getting sorc charm on top of the pulsing one anyhow with 1.88.

Pulsing charm aint all bad, just release pet if mezzed or rooted and it whack u, breaking mez on pet and mez on u - ghetto CC immunity.

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
The problem with ment pets in RvR ain't really flat-out resists - as long as u keep under the mob lvl u can reliably charm they happens v rarely.

The tether range is the main pain; pet goes out of the 2k radius and it bounces back and aggros you. Anyone who knows this can just kite it out of range if u pet em, so at best u have to spend whole fight keeping one eye on the tether range of the pet.

ofc is with pathing issues everytime u walk it over or under a bridge u risk it somehow running out of range and aggroing u. You don't really want pet aggro at choke points...

Other thing is whenever u get mezzed or stunned charm on pet will drop for a pulse, resetting passive/aggro/defensive status on pet, one more thing to keep watching for if u don't want the little fucker breaking all ur mezzes. So more pet babyminding.

se all that goes fore mincer pets aswell :_)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Anyways i'd rather fight a hunter or sm (even with ml9 up) then a sorc + DI bot + ml9'd templer/iso merc. Then again you only play a arms, so you never come across one.

That arguement doesn't really work sorry, you fight ANYTHING with a +DI bot and its going to be tougher then any other class without.

And yes i've fought hibs using DI bots too thankyou.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom