Petition Mythic about GOA's incompetence

• Thread starter Jonathan Kemper
  • Start date
J

Jonathan Kemper

petitiononline.com/daoc1/petition.html <---

Have a look, if you are unhappy with GOA's level of service please sign the petition and try to get Mythic to take over the franchise, or at least transfer accounts from GOA to USA that want to move.

Forums wont let me post url. so you will have to copy and paste into browser and add www to the beginning

J

Jonathan Kemper

thanks :) ive not used forums for ages. so they wont let me post urls. :)

J

Jessy

I think its a bit unfair to blame GOA for problems with the Mythic code, which seamed to have started the ball rolling here.

Ok so GOA took the decision to change all game and sub passwords and do seam to be a bit sluggish sending out the changes and keeping the customers informed - but the VAST majority of players recieved their emails, if you take out the people who did not keep their email address up to date which is not GOA's fault then maybe there is only a small % of people where the passwords simply did not get there.

J

Jonathan Kemper

This isnt about the emails, it is about the fact that GOA could not organize a 'drunken party' in a brewery. I have toned down the last statement so it is not swearing.

I have been playing DAoC since beta, i have been playing through all the problems that have faced GOA and tbh their customer support, is something you would expect from a cowboy builder.

The US servers have CS people online 24/7 so if there is a problem they sort it within 10 mins normally. but with GOA its like oh ok theres a problem, lets hide and hope it goes away.

F

freeq

the emails being sent out was the best thing they could have done for security reasons.

the problem is thier complete lack of competance with customer relations and doing what they say they will is the problem

i refuse to believe thier ''team'' has taken 2 weeks to fix the sub pages and rightnever. they say one thing and never live up to what they say....

setbacks sure, everyone has em, but consider this, the 1.62 patch sound bug, was to be fixed the week after patch, 2 weeks after that the subs page breaks down, then later the same week server hack / screw up....

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by Jessy
if you take out the people who did not keep their email address up to date which is not GOA's fault then maybe there is only a small % of people where the passwords simply did not get there.

soo did u ever change emails and have to update it on the subs page? :]

J

Jessy

I still have to disagree - ive played DAOC since March 2002 and as far as i can remember there was a days downtime with 1.45 patch due to some problems and a roll back.

The patch to SI had some problems, but I was able to play on the day it was released

and this problem, where again it was just one evening downtime for me (as i work)

So all in all, in the last 18 months, personaly Ive only experienced about 2 days where I couldnt play, all calls logeed on rightnow have been responded to in a timely fassion, urgent problems have been addressed within 24hrs.

Its not all doom and gloom, some of us are just lucky i guess ?

T

Tesla Monkor

To be honest, I don't think it's /all/ GOA's fault. I BET that 99% of the people who didn't get their password have their own sorry ass to blame by not keeping their details up to date. The 1% is people who really can't help it.

As for Customer Service.. that's just it. SERVICE. it's OPTIONAL. As a sidenote, the Game servers have not been down. Not even when the new passwords were handed out. (This is response to someone claiming GOA was in breach of contract by not providing the subscriptionpages.).

Christ, the amount of whining on these pages has exceeded the daily produce of all the IGN boards put together. It's amazing. Can't login? GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. I've been gone for half a year. It didn't kill me. ;P

A

Archeon

I suppose sombody should also point out that as the people who cannot pay because the subs page is down arn't actually paying GOA for anything then GOA arn't actually breaking any contracts (seeing as the people arn't employing GOA to provide a serivce).

Just food for thought ;)

L

luribeauty

i know i kept my email up to date as i checked on my profile many times when i didnt get an email when paying each month.i have 2 accts and no password got sent to them but they are up tp date i just hope there wont be any problems getting my password's when rightnow is back up and working.

J

Jessy

Nice to see the other side of the coin here and not just every reply being a moan.

Yes there are some people who dont have their password through no fault of there own, and this is a pretty sad state, I know how addictive this game is and empathise with the position you are in.

MMORPGs inherently have some problems, this isnt just a GOA thing people playing SWG are having fun at the moment (so a mate at work tells me) didnt Shadowbane get hacked too and If i remember rightly the servers were not back up within 24 hrs then.

OK so the support GOA offer can be a little slow, and their communication skills leave alot to be desired but Ive experienced worse... much much worse.

S

Stormm

Since when did GOA ever say that keeping email address updated was important and would ever be used in situations such as this?

If i even thought i would need it to be updated i would have - but i have never once needed it and you tend to forget about it after 18 months + when its never been used once in all that time

and 2 weeks plus however much longer it takes IS NOT good service.

and all the other little problems, also the XML - i mean wtf all we ever hear is excuses. its their job to sort it - whatever it takes

gah i wish my business could get away with the sh** GOA do.

u are of course welcome to your opinions but as its not effected you everything is just dandy huh :(

i really really dont beleive you would be so forgiving towards GOA if you were in the same position as some of us <- my opinion

J

Jessy

Originally posted by Stormm
Since when did GOA ever say that keeping email address updated was important and would ever be used in situations such as this?

Sorry to say this - but its pretty much common sense to keep your contact details up to date, if this was a free game then I could understand the register/forget attitude but you ARE paying money each month to play this game, it in your own interest to keep your information up to date.

S

Stormm

Sorry to say this - but its pretty much common sense to keep your contact details up to date, if this was a free game then I could understand the register/forget attitude but you ARE paying money each month to play this game, it in your own interest to keep your information up to date.

yeah you can only say this in hindsight - never once have GOA stated that a valid email address would be required to either obtain access to an account or be used in order to prove a users identity

so no - i do not accept the blame, and its not like this is the only issue with GOA anway. And if you look at all the ruckuss that is in motion accross ALL the GOA managed servers you will see that there are plenty of others that feel the same

im afraid some people simply cant see past thier own experience of a situation and cannot appreciate anothers situation

go make a 'we love GOA' thread or smthin and leave the righteous crap out of here pls

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Stormm
yeah you can only say this in hindsight - never once have GOA stated that a valid email address would be required to either obtain access to an account or be used in order to prove a users identity

...Right...

So let me get this straight, you don't change your email address on the Subs page... and yet this is somhow GOA's fault because you didn't think that it would important that they had up-to-date contant info for you...

...ok, i feel sympathy for the people that are genuinly being screwed, I.e. the people who had up-to-date info and didn't recieve a working password. But to use an old metaphore, you reap what you sow.

And incidentally, yes i do have my password. And a working account. So i won't pretend that i can fully understand what an emotional period this must be for you and the other dipsticks who didn't bother to update their subs.

And to quote you, because i love this quote so very much...

im afraid some people simply cant see past thier own experience of a situation and cannot appreciate anothers situation

Some people just won't take their own advice :rolleyes:

R

rockh

Well I got my password and it doesnt work - so I'm pissed, and so is the wife, so Im getting it the neck from her too :(

F

freeq

the email changes are the users fault, if it wasnt important they wouldnt have asked you to give to em in the 1st place, not keeping up to date is the sole responsibility of the user. no way can you blame goa for that one, i dont care what you come up with, its still your email, you changed it, you should have changed your details simple as that.

i got my passwords, and i'm assuming they both work, the subs pages are taking far to long, and as with rightnow... all the people who didnt get passwords or got duff ones i really feel for them, i'm thinking it will take months to sort out all of the customers, since its taken nearly 3 weeks to fix the webpage

i just think they arent working on this hard enough, coz if they where it would be working by now. i wouldnt mind knowing how long this is going to set them back for future patches...

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by freeq
the email changes are the users fault, if it wasnt important they wouldnt have asked you to give to em in the 1st place
Since when? I've played loads of games when you have to state your e-mail and not been using it... Not that I don't think it's my fault that I lost my password, but maybe they should hire more ppl or maybe eat less frogs? :rolleyes:

I

i-scream

Imagine if housing was implemented already :)

You would have had a villa, and upgraded and decorated it, investing lots of money. You would have paid rent for a week. And then this would have happened.

Some guys of our guild still don't have their password (and not all changed their e-mail address, I can assure you). Eventually you log on again, your house is gone, your investment in upgrading is gone. There even is some big guild who bought your lot and put a nice mansion on it....

Imagine what a complicated situation that would be for that player, for that guild and maybe also for GOA.

F

freeq

Originally posted by i-scream
Imagine if housing was implemented already :)

You would have had a villa, and upgraded and decorated it, investing lots of money. You would have paid rent for a week. And then this would have happened.

Some guys of our guild still don't have their password (and not all changed their e-mail address, I can assure you). Eventually you log on again, your house is gone, your investment in upgrading is gone. There even is some big guild who bought your lot and put a nice mansion on it....

Imagine what a complicated situation that would be for that player, for that guild and maybe also for GOA.

thats why i aint buy a house :D getting cash for respec gems is bad enough without housing costs on top of that

S

shanks

The mayor issue is not that the servers are down, it's the total lack of serviceminded people at GOA. If somethings wrong tell us, dont ignore the playerbase and people wont be upset. They have done a good job with uptime on servers so far so it's not the issue of there competence of running the server, it's there incompetence while faceing the public that is the problem. Add slow patching because of a service that a third of the playerbase dont use, the noneexistant CSR's, that you pay more on EU then US, the fact that GOA gets hacked while mythic does not and you have quite a few arguments for questioning there service.

S

Stormm

Originally posted by Archeon
...Right...

So let me get this straight, you don't change your email address on the Subs page... and yet this is somhow GOA's fault because you didn't think that it would important that they had up-to-date contant info for you...

...ok, i feel sympathy for the people that are genuinly being screwed, I.e. the people who had up-to-date info and didn't recieve a working password. But to use an old metaphore, you reap what you sow.

And incidentally, yes i do have my password. And a working account. So i won't pretend that i can fully understand what an emotional period this must be for you and the other dipsticks who didn't bother to update their subs.

And to quote you, because i love this quote so very much...

Some people just won't take their own advice :rolleyes:

I have also played many online games where u use email to register and thats all its ever been used fo so fukin what, still no excuse for the rediculous amount of time to address it and the bullshit once per week feedback

like i said the ruckuss is not simply born of this one incident its a culmination of many and a blatent disregard us as paying customers.

ignorance is bliss i suppose

S

Stormm

Originally posted by shanks
The mayor issue is not that the servers are down, it's the total lack of serviceminded people at GOA. If somethings wrong tell us, dont ignore the playerbase and people wont be upset. They have done a good job with uptime on servers so far so it's not the issue of there competence of running the server, it's there incompetence while faceing the public that is the problem. Add slow patching because of a service that a third of the playerbase dont use, the noneexistant CSR's, that you pay more on EU then US, the fact that GOA gets hacked while mythic does not and you have quite a few arguments for questioning there service.

add to that the chronicles - 7 months, still no go. lame.

N

Naewae

Originally posted by freeq
since its taken nearly 3 weeks to fix the webpage

Not actually fixed! The server stats for Prydwen STILL say 1337 players and have done for nearly 2 weeks.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Jonathan Kemper
petitiononline.com/daoc1/petition.html <---

Have a look, if you are unhappy with GOA's level of service please sign the petition and try to get Mythic to take over the franchise, or at least transfer accounts from GOA to USA that want to move.

Forums wont let me post url. so you will have to copy and paste into browser and add www to the beginning

Have you actually sat back and thought... What if.. ?

Especially What if U piss off other players who can access their accounts, play the game, and are enjoying it still ?

I think not.

If GOA / Mythic do stop the EU version of the game because of the Minority signing a petition, youll be upsetting the Majority.

I'll leave it at that.

T

the_fnord

oh ffs! the e-mail is just for this kind of thing, u don't want to get a situation where u have to use it but if it does it's there as a good fast way to distribute passes!
So to all who haven't changed their e-mails: Cry more noobs! :p :flame: :p

P

pihlss

I think its a bit unfair to blame GOA for problems with the Mythic code, which seamed to have started the ball rolling here.

Ok so GOA took the decision to change all game and sub passwords and do seam to be a bit sluggish sending out the changes and keeping the customers informed - but the VAST majority of players recieved their emails, if you take out the people who did not keep their email address up to date which is not GOA's fault then maybe there is only a small % of people where the passwords simply did not get there.

its a petition over GOA service in general.
It´s just happen that most player had it.
now after this last event.

F

freeq

Originally posted by Naewae
Not actually fixed! The server stats for Prydwen STILL say 1337 players and have done for nearly 2 weeks.

the start of the 3rd week will be monday, i think, and going by there previous statements i reckon next thursday hence the 3 week mark :D

Users who are viewing this thread