Mythic or GOA

L

lightsout

Just a simple whine really

Whose fault? GOA or Mythic that patched me to 1.61? then my account and password incorrect?

S

SilverHood

*sigh*

I have activated Shrouded Isles but I can't log into the game, the patcher downloaded an update and now it says "invalid login or password"
This is a really annoying problem that crops up when the patcher is unable to contact the European patch servers within a certain delay. The patcher has a built-in self-repair function that kicks in after it fails to connect to the patch servers: it connects to a fixed address and downloads the latest UPDATE.DAT file. The catch is that the patcher is currently hard-coded to Mythic's version of UPDATE.DAT - not GOA's, and it cheerfully connects to the american patch servers and updates to the latest verion (1.60). Then when you try to connect, you are connecting to Mythic's login servers. Not surprisingly, your GOA login and password won't get you very far. To fix this problem you must patch your SI back to 1.57. Check the contents of the UPDATE.DAT file in your Shrouded Isles directory. If you see something like "patch1.daoc.net:1280... patch2.daoc.net:1280" then you have been patched to the american version. Change UPDATE.DAT so it reads as follows:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

Then run CAMELOT.EXE again and it should re-patch to the European 1.57 version. If it doesn't, you may need to reinstall Shrouded Isles from scratch.

N

-Nxs-

Mythics fault for hard coding a backup patch server when the customisable one is down/busy.

GOA for not moaning at Mythic enough to have that part of the code removed.

So blame them both :)

Users who are viewing this thread