Petition about GOA o_O

T

tripitaka

Anyone wanna sign my petition for petitioning against petitions that petition things ?

18 signatures lol. But that must be the 'minority' of the 40,000 plus worldwide. ?!

O

OldDruid

Though I have signed that petition, there is only one petition that GOA will even begin to understand - leave DAOC hosted by GOA, and head Stateside.

GOA problems already in reality, as well as in the potential, were painfully obvious even in beta.

I know, we all hoped for the best.

I moved to Mythic hosted DAOC last year, and don't regret it one bit.

Old timers may be worried about starting fresh, but it really isn't a problem. We know how to level, and getting to 50 now is a piece of cake.

On its own merits, having in game support alone, is worth the move. I don't think there is even a price penalty for doing so any more.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it.

O

old.Alliandre

Originally posted by OldDruid
Though I have signed that petition, there is only one petition that GOA will even begin to understand - leave DAOC hosted by GOA, and head Stateside.

GOA problems already in reality, as well as in the potential, were painfully obvious even in beta.

I know, we all hoped for the best.

I moved to Mythic hosted DAOC last year, and don't regret it one bit.

Old timers may be worried about starting fresh, but it really isn't a problem. We know how to level, and getting to 50 now is a piece of cake.

On its own merits, having in game support alone, is worth the move. I don't think there is even a price penalty for doing so any more.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it.

All of my friends are on the UK servers. Besides, I don't think the CS is that bad on the Euro servers. Also, I think I'm right in saying that the subscription costs are lower over here to. The other problem is the time zone differences. :m00:

Saying that, post me a link to buy the US version of DAoC and I'll give it a spin around Christmas. I've always wanted to try out the different server types over there :p

S

seeaira

This petition is just out right funny. As if some executives are going to gather around looking at some petition written up haphazardly with no serious thought behind it other then 80+ signatures by some kids whining about French servers going up first (no offense delrith :p and by the way I doubt most Americans know what "wank" is lol )

Come on, most of these were like "WTF GOA sux!! its just WANK and well.. they dont give out free ram either, do something now! giv!"

If there was a serious petition put up with some intelligent people who have a legitament argument maybe they would listen, but as long as we have things like this that look like a joke, I think GOA will always be in control of the English servers.

You wont find my signature on that.
And so what if things got rolled back and we have to do something for 1 day other then sit in front of a computer whining about zergs.. its a GAME.
I think they are doing what they can, maybe things can improve and get better.. who knows. But if there are some serious problems address those..

I especially like this comment for someone asking mythic to consider this petition.. So well thought out, so intelligent "6.Håvard - n00bs" lol
Im surprised I didn't see "Fire GOA4thwin!!!"

I will say there were a few good comments.. but that petition is seriously lacking.
/end whine

N

ning

Originally posted by tripitaka
Oh, sorry 67 of 40,000

and ur cow doesn't work. ;)

I agree.
GOA said they have 100,000 customers.
so 80 of 100,000 it must very funny for Mythic and GOA to read that :)

Moreover , germans are congratulating GOA in their forums for its job.
(http://daoc.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=83507)

Btw I expect a 6th german server since the german player population is still increasing and Avalon server is full at peak time (whereas english player population stays the same; Dartmoor, the 5th german server, has the same number of players as Prydwen). And for your information, there are not more ads for DAOC in germany than in UK.

Oh and don't forget that :
Camelot Vault: Although the bulk of players are still playing on your own North American servers, nearly as many people can be found playing in Europe as North America at peak hours. What do you think of this trend?

Matt Firor: It's great! We are impressed with GOA, our partner in France/Germany/UK. They are building a strong Camelot community there, and are doing a great job in marketing the game as well as keeping it stable and running. It was always part of Mythic's plan to expand overseas as quickly as possible, and it's great to see that coming to fruition so soon.
http://camelotvault.ign.com/interviews/mattf0103.shtml

DAOC EU population has never been so high. There were 29523 players last monday evening. It was the first time that EU population is over 29100+. People wouldn't keep playing if the service were as bad as it is said on the petition.

T

Tumult

Oh and don't forget that :

http://camelotvault.ign.com/interviews/mattf0103.shtml

DAOC EU population has never been so high. There were 29523 players last monday evening. It was the first time that EU population is over 29100+. People wouldn't keep playing if the service were as bad as it is said on the petition. [/B]

anyone seen goa advertise in uk? and if they do, why dont we have a new server?

R

Rulke-RM

If you get that annoyed by GOA's running of the eu servers, then please - Do us all a favour and stop your subs.

Personally the few times i've used their customer service i've had a prompt response, the game is mostly stable and lag free and the server up time is like 99.99%. So the patches are a little slow, you can't have everything.

N

ning

Originally posted by Tumult
anyone seen goa advertise in uk? and if they do, why dont we have a new server?

yeah
Discover Dark Age of Camelot :

This summer (July, August), we had a "discover Dark Age of Camelot" operation going on in France. You could play on a special server called Lothian during this operation and explore Dark Age of Camelot. The results were very satisfying and we decided to renew this operation but for English public this time by opening Lothian for about 2 months, starting on the 16th of October. All the details regarding this operation involving a partnership with PC zone will be published at a later date.

This will be all for this epic week. In the last 48 hours, more than 8.000 players have been involved in the campaign on all servers. Have an excellent weekend, safe hunting in the frontiers and good luck on the keeps !
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1313

R

Rubric

Try playing Eve. Now thats poor customer support.

R

Rulke-RM

Haha :)

The 1st day I bought eve, i mined for about 8 hours straight to try and catch up with friends who'd been playing since release, but that night there was a rollback :E

Not only did i lose all my ore, but my character was deleted and my account actually closed :p

A

Arkian

Copied and pasted from my own post in another thread
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's very easy to develop a bad view of GOA just by reading complaints here on BW, guess it's logical that the majority of people who post are the ones who are unhappy.

My own opinion is that any company has it's percentage of unhappy customers (rightly or wrongly) and these will always be the most vocal. I'm sure if you tried you could find a whole host of people playing on Mythic's US servers, or Asheron's Call, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies etc etc, who have the same low opionion of the customer service provided by these operators.

For a company with ~29000 active players at peak times (must be much more than this subscribers), the actual number of seriously unhappy people seems quite low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom