News Paris Attack

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Few here are concerned with Mali because a) it's miles away and b) unlike France, it's not a particularly stable country. Half the place is ruled by zealots.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm inclined to disagree. It does not require bravery to shoot an unarmed housewife. If they had targeted police or military targets then perhaps. What I think they do have is faith. They genuinely believe in their cause and their religion.
I've got personal experience of someone being brainwashed by religion. That person thought that their parents were evil. That was only "Born again Christianity" American style, but that's a story for another time.
Extreme religion of any type is very dangerous in my opinion.

I don't see what any of that has to do with their bravery or otherwise; There are lots of reasons why people are brave, and most people aren't brave simply because their brain chemistry made them fearless; for most people bravery comes from peer pressure, a desire to protect others, or, belief in a cause. Now, their cause is a giant bucket of bullshit, but it works for them, and most of these people have known they weren't going to survive the week, they probably thought they weren't getting past Friday night; and even if you think Allah's waiting with the virgins (I'm never really sure what the presumably dead virgins have to say on the matter), it still takes balls to strap on the explosives or open fire. Unpalatable, but true.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We were brave in ww1 and ww2 fighting for our politicians to hold onto power, what's the difference here?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I suppose I just find it hard to accept that they are brave because I actually hate them and what they stand for.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Being brave or not has fuck all to do with what side you are on.

There are plenty of brave people on the losing side of any confrontation and plenty of cowards on the winning side.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I haven't lived in Mali and don't know anyone from there, so whilst I find the Mali attacks just as horrible, I don't have the same emotional attachment.
Yeah, but emotional attachment isn't the pivotal thing, right?

You were just being flippant? Yes? Not just saying "I'm a pointless neanderthal twat"...

sayward

Resident Freddy
They've decided it wasn't her wearing the vest... The body parts made up this other bloke...

French are doing tons of jokes about the lying landlord... Will be on going for a long while.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Is it just me but every time anyone says ISEL all I can imagine is IZAL slippery as hell loo roll....

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I saw the US Solider who was also Muslim reply to him lol

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure Trump is one of those "phew, this guy isn't brilliant but at least he isn't Trump" people who's purposely acting crazy so that the "real" candidate looks better.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Has to be because you would hope there is no way he can be for real and contesting for the position he is lol

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm fairly sure he is serious, seriously stupid since like many Republican's he tries to appeal to basic instincts of some Americans.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Has to be because you would hope there is no way he can be for real and contesting for the position he is lol
Unfortunately my american niece is a supporter of his and disses obama all the time. She is rather trailer trash tho.

My wifes mum is supporting bernie sainders as far as i see or hillary if she gets the ticket

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well , the truth for me is that fear and hatred of muslims is rife in the western world...probably because of culture, those stupid beards, their worrying tendency to kill people who don't follow the cult, the fact we see them as useless freeloaders who only got past the camel because we found oil under their tents.
Trump is riding on peoples true feelings, and his ratings are a direct reflection of the anger in his country at being told what to think..does anyone believe that this can continue for much longer...Europe in lockdown, an immigration epidemic, UN declaring war on Isis( every beardo in the area).
Guards at water treatment plants,.ferries, cyber threats....we are trying to protect everything from an unknown...the ONLY answer is total destruction...and it will happen.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Well if it is an indication of peoples true feelings in America then there is a lot of very stupid people in America lol

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Trump is a clown, his current poll ratings is not any kind of indicator of the lay of the land or even the final republican candidate race. He gets lots of media time because what he say's is controversial, and "new". Trump might be in the lead now but it's a long way to go before election day. It's not until February/March at the very earliest that we will have any kind of real indicator of the republican race.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Trump is a clown, his current poll ratings is not any kind of indicator of the lay of the land or even the final republican candidate race. He gets lots of media time because what he say's is controversial, and "new". Trump might be in the lead now but it's a long way to go before election day. It's not until February/March at the very earliest that we will have any kind of real indicator of the republican race.

Our media seems to make minor issues into major issues, and our 'clowns' feed on it, thus making it mainstream politics, UKIP for example.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The world is doomed if Trump gets in. Not because he is specifically dangerous but because he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, or doing. I doubt he could even record a program on a Sky+ box, let alone run the worlds biggest military power, there would be a coup within months. The last thing we want is slack jawed American generals in power.

I also wonder who would clean his pool if he got the job?!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The world is doomed if Trump gets in. Not because he is specifically dangerous but because he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, or doing. I doubt he could even record a program on a Sky+ box, let alone run the worlds biggest military power, there would be a coup within months. The last thing we want is slack jawed American generals in power.

I also wonder who would clean his pool if he got the job?!
Yes, he became a self made billionaire, by blind, stupid luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom