News Paris Attack

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Everything has bias. Media and individuals.

There was no silence for lebenon etc etc. Yes it gets reacted too more in countries that are used to peace. But what do you expect. Why didnt all the asian countries have a mins silence turkey is the cross over to both.

Dont just force your opinions to one side without considering the other.

Btw a year or so ago i have a friend who lives in Ankora or however u spellit. And he was saying how shit the turk government were and how corrupt.

Its easy to read shit from your safe uk palace and critique shot without knowing fuck all.

Lmfao, bore off, everywhere I've read its been 'ISIS living turks booing one minute silence' and I came to the conclusion that football fans aren't the kind of people to support ISIS, so I dug deeper.

Don't even know why I'm bothering, were you drunk again?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Abs Pangader Actually, they're chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez." Which means "Martyrs never die, the nation won't be divided." This is a slogan thrown in remembrance of Turkish soldiers who fell victim to terrorism. In Turkey, there is rarely a minute of silence that isn't interrupted by this chant. Whether its a minute of silence for a Turkish catastrophe, or something else that happened globally, this always happens.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-not-a-mark-of-disrespect-claim-a6738741.html

Thoughts?

Strange, I am seeing an awful lot of comments in that article saying that the fans were wrong to boo the minute's silence (including from the Turkish national coach), plus comments of Alan's Snackbar and other moderately unpleasant comments.

I can kind of see their point about the lack of minute's silence for the bombings in Ankara, all I would counter that with is if they think we should have a minute's silence for all the Kurds they have been slaughtering.

Then again people seem to be surprised every time when Turkey turn out to be less than whiter than white.

Gwadien

Strange, I am seeing an awful lot of comments in that article saying that the fans were wrong to boo the minute's silence (including from the Turkish national coach), plus comments of Alan's Snackbar and other moderately unpleasant comments.

I can kind of see their point about the lack of minute's silence for the bombings in Ankara, all I would counter that with is if they think we should have a minute's silence for all the Kurds they have been slaughtering.

Then again people seem to be surprised every time when Turkey turn out to be less than whiter than white.

This is my point really - Muslim country boo minute silence - it must be because they support ISIS, and this largely hasnt been contested by the media, pretty odd.

As I say, I'd imagine football is haram(so?) So football fans wouldnt be your standard ISIS recruits.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This is my point really - Muslim country boo minute silence - it must be because they support ISIS, and this largely hasnt been contested by the media, pretty odd.

As I say, I'd imagine football is haram(so?) So football fans wouldnt be your standard ISIS recruits.

Football isn't a problem in Islam; I seem to remember reading Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan. Now that's a sin.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So they are at it again, In Mali this time. If they attacked military targets you could "kind of" understand, but this really does show them for the cowards they are.

Snack bars open!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
After 5000 rounds fired, grenades and a suicide vest, it's not impossible to think that they were clearing the room up with buckets rather than body bags.

Anyway, do you think they'd take the risk of having him pop up again in a video somewhere? He's definitely dead.

Poag

m00?
Mmmm, if the bird who blew herself up was in closed proximity to him they might have had to reassembled body parts and thus 'found' a third....is a bit odd.

Alternatively they found it previously, but didn't want to annouce it due to some other reason.

Odd tho.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The floor and stuff was blown up. They have had to sift through rubble to find the bodies. Oh and the mastermind guy was one of the two. This is a third body. Additional to him being found already

Bodhi

They waited a couple of days just to fuck with the Tin Foil hat brigade.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its going to take a while to take it all apart bit by bit, they don't want to miss anything. Every brick is probably recorded and cataloged.

A floor collapsed and goodness knows what other damage was done.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
All I know about Turkey is that there are dogs everywhere. And there are no rules of the road.

Nice place though.

Gwadien

I though the woman who wanted to open her own snack bar jumped out a window and blew up?

Bodhi

I though the woman who wanted to open her own snack bar jumped out a window and blew up?

Maybe the ringleader has confirmed to her that yes, her bomb did look big in that, and she didn't take it very well?

Gwadien

Maybe the ringleader has confirmed to her that yes, her bomb did look big in that, and she didn't take it very well?
Maybe he liked it so started singing Mr Boombastic and she took it the wrong way

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Hard to tell, she didn't jump, although she was blown out of the window. It's possible that a bullet hit the explosives also, she was at a front window. Couple of vids on Liveleak. They were asking her where the ringleader guy was.

old.user4556

So where's the "pray for Mali" stuff? Why aren't people changing their Facebook profile photos to a semi-transparent Mali flag?

Bodhi

So where's the "pray for Mali" stuff? Why aren't people changing their Facebook profile photos to a semi-transparent Mali flag?

I haven't lived in Mali and don't know anyone from there, so whilst I find the Mali attacks just as horrible, I don't have the same emotional attachment.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Agree with Bodhi, when you've personal recollections of the streets its happening on or of being in the Bataclan yourself, it's always going to have more of an effect on you than some place the other side of the world.

I do agree though that the facebook thing was a bit pathetic and similar to the rainbow thing, a lot of people did it 'just because'

old.user4556

I think that's different to the social media bandwagon jumpers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
America had lots of stuff about paris and had silences and stuff. Most of the usa havent left their state let alone their country. I dont think its about where people have been. Just which cou try was affected.

Bodhi

To be honest the only reason I changed my FB picture to something French was because I lived there and still spend a lot of time in PAris on business, so know a few people affected. I didn't do that gay Tricolore thing though, I changed my picture to the Liberté Egalitié Fraternité thingy, cos I'm like original and stuff.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I think dissing their bravery is misguided. They're absolutely wrong about everything, but they're not cowards.

I'm inclined to disagree. It does not require bravery to shoot an unarmed housewife. If they had targeted police or military targets then perhaps. What I think they do have is faith. They genuinely believe in their cause and their religion.
I've got personal experience of someone being brainwashed by religion. That person thought that their parents were evil. That was only "Born again Christianity" American style, but that's a story for another time.
Extreme religion of any type is very dangerous in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom