News Paris Attack

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
All this stuff coming out about the Turks booing at the minutes silence; I've been reading in places that in actual fact it's a sign of respect; they're booing the terrorists, and shouting Allah's Snack-bar at the end because the victims are martyrs and will go to heaven.

At the same time the Turkish coach slammed the fans.

Interesting.

Gwadien

Why are they posting pictures of the mastermind?

ISIS must be like ALLAHS SNACKBAR WE GOT PICTURE OF HIM ON BEEB m8

No, I'm not implying that @Scouse is a terrorist.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Turks and French do not get on, French were instrumental in blocking Turkey's application to EU, along with Germany.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Did we have many problems with middle eastern Terroist groups before Saddam Hussein was overthrown? Honest question as i have never looked into it, Just wondering how effective a strong? leader in the area was in keeping things under control

First of all Saddam had nothing to do with exporting terrorism, despite some of the wilder justifications for overthrowing him. As for Al-Qeada, their roots go as far back as the fifties, but they only really got traction after Gulf War I, and it was American troops in Islamic "Holy Places" (e.g. Saudi) that was the first real spark. But yes, nationalist hardmen in Syria, Iraq, Egypt etc. kept a lid on Islamism for decades; but it wasn't just that; a bit like Yugoslavia, the likes of Iraq and Syria are artificial post-colonial countries that have borders that contain people who hate each other; take away the hardman, and just like in Yugoslavia, it all falls apart.

they might at first granted would they after listening and seeing it for 72 hours or longer? honestly id just put it on and leave it running 24/7 surely that would break anyone eventually

It might break you or I, but these fuckers think they're doing God's work; reminding them they've been doing that would probably give them the warm and fuzzies (and don't forget, Islam accepts Christians are People of The Book who get to go to Heaven too; the shitty bits of Heaven obviously, but still, they've sent their victims to a better place)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Actually Dresden was actually a military target; the Soviets asked the Allies to bomb the train yards.
They bombed the venice of the north so hard that they exceeded the explosive capacity of a nuke at the time. There may have been some notional military targets but it was a statement, not a military target, or some - any - of it would have been left...

But to be fair, without that atrocity Billy Pilgrim would never have gone to Tralfamadore...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They bombed the venice of the north so hard that they exceeded the explosive capacity of a nuke at the time. There may have been some notional military targets but it was a statement, not a military target, or some - any - of it would have been left...

But to be fair, without that atrocity Billy Pilgrim would never have gone to Tralfamadore...
Mostly incendery bombs which led to the fire storm.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Mostly incendery bombs which led to the fire storm.
London, coventry, plymouth
So they werent bombed and reduced to rubble. So london didnt need the garden cities and new towns after the war to house the displaced population. The difference between london and dresden was the materials used to build the houses and the strength and direction of the wind. The nazis used incenderies on the uk and we did on them.

Dont try to bull me on ww2.

DaGaffer

So they werent bombed and reduced to rubble. So london didnt need the garden cities and new towns after the war to house the displaced population. The difference between london and dresden was the materials used to build the houses and the strength and direction of the wind. The nazis used incenderies on the uk and we did on them.

Dont try to bull me on ww2.

Well...Dresden was hit with about 4000 tons of Bombs in one day; The Blitz was about 19,000 tons over an entire summer. London (a city about 10 times the size of Dresden) lost about 40,000 people, Dresden lost 25,000, once again, in one day, and that wasn't even the biggest death toll; the RAF bombing of Hamburg killed more people in one night than the losses to bombing in the entire UK during the Blitz. Yes, the Nazis started it, but by fuck did we finish it.

DaGaffer

Good article in the Guardian about ISIS supply lines through Turkey. A fucking NATO member. The more I look at this, the more I think a lot of leaders are quite happy for ISIS to exist; an easily identifiable "state" where all the malcontents in the US and Europe run off to so western powers can bomb the shit out of them. Sure you get the odd Paris, but better that than the odd 9/11.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Good article in the Guardian about ISIS supply lines through Turkey. A fucking NATO member. The more I look at this, the more I think a lot of leaders are quite happy for ISIS to exist; an easily identifiable "state" where all the malcontents in the US and Europe run off to so western powers can bomb the shit out of them. Sure you get the odd Paris, but better that than the odd 9/11.

I was thinking the same Mr Gaff. I believe there's a known quote along the lines of "giving the general populous something reasonably well defined and far away to hate rather than having them scrutinize that which is right under their noses" or words to that effect.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Wonder if we will ever reach the point where even having debates like this with implications against governments will get us in trouble lol

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Was bad enough after 9/11, when a building I regularly visited in frankfurt put up bollards, walled off the entrance down to a single file gate, put in anti car/truck barriers and hired security guards to check everyones bags.

Sigh.

Gwadien

Inb4 Google and Amazon have their own security firms so they can check what's in peoples bags for marketing purposes.

#Lizardmen

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well...Dresden was hit with about 4000 tons of Bombs in one day; The Blitz was about 19,000 tons over an entire summer. London (a city about 10 times the size of Dresden) lost about 40,000 people, Dresden lost 25,000, once again, in one day, and that wasn't even the biggest death toll; the RAF bombing of Hamburg killed more people in one night than the losses to bombing in the entire UK during the Blitz. Yes, the Nazis started it, but by fuck did we finish it.
Only because the luftwaffe were running lower on planes than the allies after the americans joined in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Pretty scary tbh
Yet we talk about terrorism like it actually really matters in th big scheme of things.

There are lots of other things that are more urgent than IS but where do we spend the money?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
We ruled by opportunists who in turn at least partly control the media. The Terrorist attacks are now being used as justification to put into place tighter security measures and the Snoopers Charter. I also read yesterday about the discussion about not giving younger people the right to vote because they vulnerable to the next Hitler lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom