Painting Sale Pimp (Don't Ban Me, I'm Lovely!)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Oh my god, a Lost Boys painting would rule.

Yes, I confess, I've rediscovered the old soundtrack I had, and it's sent me on a nostalgia kick.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
An Alien would be awesome, as Vae said.....Chewbacca would be cool too! UM....*thinks*........the Scream guy maybe?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
pinheadmain.jpg

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Some fine ideas there. Gonna be hard to pick which subject to paint next. I'm quite taken with this pic that the missus found:

evildeadashchokingpa7.jpg

I've also been looking for a decent photo of the creepy puppet from the Saw trilogy, but I've not been able to find one so far...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Arnie 2Tone said:
My page is in german for you? What a surreal technical error... Glad you like the Serenity painting Vae. Nice to know I'm not the only sci-fi geek around these parts ;)

By the by ladies and gents, I'm planning on doing a series of horror-themed paintings now, so if anybody has got any ideas of what would make good subject matter feel free to fire them at me :)

Off the top of my head

Pinhead
The hand from Evil Dead
There's some very Iconic pictures form the origonal Nosferatu which would work.
Frankenstein's Monster (and bride thereof)
Most Lon Chaney Snr facial pics.. Notably from Phantom of the Opera
Bella Lugosi (of Christopher Lee) as Dracula
Jack Nicholson in the Shining with the head poking through the axed door.
Freddy/Jason/Myers

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Mystic_G bears a scary resemblance to Count Orlock. Walking down the street with him at night and seeing his shadow cast by the street lamps is heart stopping stuff.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Might be hard to get, but you could try some iconic comedy images:

Eric Morecambe
Porridge
Michael Crawford in Some Mothers
Del Boy

They would make good presents for DADS!!!!111

You could try thinking of people buying for other people rather than themselves, so maybe some stuff for Mums too?

Damini

Part of the furniture
xs.php

Here's one Matt did a while ago - don't think it's for sale though.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Damini said:
Oh my god, a Lost Boys painting would rule.

Yes, I confess, I've rediscovered the old soundtrack I had, and it's sent me on a nostalgia kick.

!!!!

Best album in the world!!!

Mummy Calls - Beauty Has Her Way ... what a song

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Got a few new paintings available now. All 16" x 20" and potentially in breach of copyright laws. Have a squizz at my myspace page for a better look. Going to start work on the next horror themed painting today, so if you like loony-bin escapees wearing modified William Shatner masks, then watch this space...

newpaintingskp0.jpg

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
Andre The Giant one looks nice. *Buys with made up money from his fantasy world where he is rich*

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
FozzySon said:
Andre The Giant one looks nice. *Buys with made up money from his fantasy world where he is rich*

Those ones are going pretty cheap. By my calculations you'd only need to bash 0.3 grannies to afford Andre ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Have you ever exhibited your work Arnie?

You might make a few bob that way.

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Have you ever exhibited your work Arnie?

You might make a few bob that way.

I have done in the past. People are certainly willing to pay silly prices in a gallery. I'm going to check out a gallery in Ramsbottom some time this week. My main problem is that I generally don't have enough work for an exhibition sitting around and I can't afford to hold on to pieces long enough to build a collection. As usual, it's easier to make money when you've got some already :(

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick question really.

I like your work and the such but am wondering if I were to give you a picture (say of my kid) you could work your magic on it or do you simply prefere to do famous people and the such?

Probably been asked before but I'm lazy and haven't looked.

If you'd be able to do it, could you give me a rough idea of costs (Im sure it'll be more expensive than your normal paintings, but thats fine) and I'd also need it done with certain colours :p (To match my house).

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Pfy said:
Just a quick question really.

I like your work and the such but am wondering if I were to give you a picture (say of my kid) you could work your magic on it or do you simply prefere to do famous people and the such?

Probably been asked before but I'm lazy and haven't looked.

If you'd be able to do it, could you give me a rough idea of costs (Im sure it'll be more expensive than your normal paintings, but thats fine) and I'd also need it done with certain colours :p (To match my house).

I can work with pretty much any photo so long as the resolution and contrast are half-decent (less squinting for me!), so I'd be more than happy to have a go at anything you have in mind. I once did a painting of some guy playing table hockey with Mr T, so anything goes really... Price depends on size and complexity, but you would be looking at no more than £100 max for something 24" x 30" in size. Something twice the size would be roughly twice the price, half the size would be half that price, etc. Colour matching to your house isn't a problem either (unless it's bright red because red acrylics require umpteen coats for an even finish...) :)

Message me here or email me at m.j.black(at)hotmail.co.uk

Also, take a look at the myspace page in my sig if you want to see more examples of paintings I've done in the past.

Oh, and Squee is now sold if anyone was interested in that one. Sorry!

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Horror Icons #2: Michael Myers!

michaelmyersks4.jpg

Not the best photo ever, the colour contrast is a lot better in reality, but you get the point...

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
It's probably going to make me sound a bit desperate since I've only just posted on the other stuff for sale thread, but hell, I need money. But not for rocks or anything unsavoury like that. Anyhoo... new paintings!

newpaintings2cn1.jpg

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Wow your prices include postage - how much does posting cost you? Your prices sound far too cheap. My parents bought some lame mass produced print for £100 around 30" x 40" , too lazy to measure it. ;)

So telling you what to do should be far more than £150.

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Wow your prices include postage - how much does posting cost you? Your prices sound far too cheap. My parents bought some lame mass produced print for £100 around 30" x 40" , too lazy to measure it. ;)

So telling you what to do should be far more than £150.

Postage costs around a fiver for the small paintings and up to around £15 for the larger paintings. Providing I can scavenge the packaging that is. Cardboard is one of these things that's surprisingly expensive to buy...

I guess I probably should charge more, but I'm having a hard time shifting them at the price they are now! I think I've yet to locate my key demographic (i.e. those with more money than sense). Maybe they don't know how to use the interweb?

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi, I'm probably being rubbish, but I can't see your pics on your myspace place.

I am in your key demographic, but as you suspect can't hardly use the Tinter.

I saw Trem's picture and need something for the lounge that would be both iconic, timeless and tasteful, for a present for the missus, so I'll come up with some ideas and get back to you soon.

By the way, went looking for paintings at an exhibition and saw a picture that my daughter would have loved in the style you use. It was a massive Gwen Stefani one with two smaller ones each side of the Japanese women who are in her band. It was awesome, but was also 3 grand.....

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
Three grand? Jeebus! I'd do it for one ;)

I have no understanding of the concept of tasteful, but I'm sure I could still manage to paint something that falls under that heading. Just drop me a line.

You can't look at the photos on myspace if you don't have a myspace account I'm afraid. I've been meaning to get my own webspace for a while now, but haven't quite got around to it. If anyone wants to take a look at the paintings I have listed on myspace but doesn't have an account, sign in using the username iwanttoseeart@hotmail.co.uk and the password fr3ddys. Then click on the little Matte Black painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom