Onyxia killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
3 days to 60?

Some major haxoring there me thinks.

Edit: ""they just congratulated the players who killed onyxia (first sentence) - then started talking about bugs they're working on, which related to ppl being stuck in instance and/or getting kicked out of instance...and there's certain spot a player could stand to avoid all attacks from onyxia...... a bug, since onyxia's supposed to know where anyone is in her lair... "

t.t

relic

Fledgling Freddie
Sh33p said:
3 days to 60?

Some major haxoring there me thinks.
It's Korean, they kept their characters after their BETA. There was no wipe.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
relic said:
It's Korean, they kept their characters after their BETA. There was no wipe.

Hehe yes, but that wouldn't be a record of 1-60 then would it :)

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
someone said on the thread on us forums that blizz posted it as a news on the main page (korean that is)

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Ignore most comments from American players on the thread.

1) Koreans could keep their Beta chars into retail, so no wonder there is soon after Korean release such a big bunch of lvls 60.

2) Apparently the 0/100 hp is because of an interface proggy called Cosmos or something, so nothing dodgy there too.

3) Korea is the land of the hardcore MMORPG players ...

And yes, it's still quite impressive they beat the USA players to it, but nothing impossible that can only be explained by hax or doctored screenshots.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Played FFXI with a bunch of Koreans a while ago and they were serious hardcore gamers, almost like machines if truth be told.

This doesnt surprise me in the least, mainly because Koreans dont spend 80% of their time QQing like the Yanks do.

Yes, Koreans are well known for finding and exploiting bugs, they are masters of it, so it would surprise me if they DIDN'T abuse some sort of bug...but then the bug should not have been there in the first place, it's just their way of beating the game.

If Blizzard leave bugs in the game then they are part of the fabric of the world, Blizzard can only blame themselves if people find and exploit them.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
cant wait to see the offical response or something concrete about this, would be even better to see a fraps mov of the beast go down :)

the response to the thread in the US forums is insane, so much hate, so many kids crying cheats... one guy has even "proved" the images are photoshoped and even presents some pretty impressively shite evidence :D

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
I must agree that the yanks in this case are as dumb as a box of rocks .. the hoax photoshopping evidence provided by one particular user is indeed hopelesly crap and proves only his own idiocy... grats to the koreans for this acheivement .. slightly bitter though as they are claiming they did it before everyone else and we dont even have the game in retail yet!!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
pig said:
cant wait to see the offical response or something concrete about this, would be even better to see a fraps mov of the beast go down :)

the response to the thread in the US forums is insane, so much hate, so many kids crying cheats... one guy has even "proved" the images are photoshoped and even presents some pretty impressively shite evidence :D

Easy to spot the B-Net kiddies on that thread :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
they thought the warrior had a lightning spell on his hotbar, though its obviously just a macro.

and.. tried to use that as evidence of "cheating".

haha. ... ..

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Well don't know much about that boss mob Onyxia, but the QQing from the Americans are just as reading the QQing from guys getting ganked in PvP.

Americans will allways cry the most just my point of view.
Call me baised or racist, I don't care, but that thread clearly got alot of cry babies :D

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
did anyone find an english link to the 3 epic weapons the dragon dropped?

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
It was three pieces of armour. The sets have been dropping in Molten Core also, but it seems the helmets may be Onyxia specific. Nothing special really :/

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
American Whine anyone....

I just hope that those that post on the US Blizzard forum are not a normally crosssection of American society.

The koreans killing onxyia have really annoyed them for some reason, people saying that the cheated, that it was unfair they kept there Beta characters, That letting koreans play the game will ruin it for the US.

Basically they are pissed off because they were not first to do it..not saying that they are racist.. just fucked up...

:m00:

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Here's an explanation why blizzard didn't whipe the korean beta characters, and thus why they could kill onyxia that fast. Posted on www.worldofwar.net btw:

As most of you know, Korean gamers kept their Beta characters and took them into the final release of the game, which is probably the main factor behind the slaying of Onyxia so soon after Korean release. Blizzard wanted to clarify the reason why they didn't wipe characters by pointing out that Korean gamers did not recieve the 1 month free trial like the North American boxed versions and also that the fee is higher, around $24 a month. Players can download the game for free but they do have to pay the higher price each month.

Based on the facts that EU gamers will have boxed versions and will also pay a lower monthly fee, we can assume that EU beta characters will be wiped :)

So I guess it's safe to say EU beta characters will be wiped then, wich is for the best IMO.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Evoknox said:
Here's an explanation why blizzard didn't whipe the korean beta characters, and thus why they could kill onyxia that fast. Posted on www.worldofwar.net btw:

So I guess it's safe to say EU beta characters will be wiped then, wich is for the best IMO.

:cheers:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Jesus Christ, so fuckin typical that europeans and yanks blame koreans for hacks etc... Just look at the fuckin replies the yanks have made in that thread.
Basically the yanks blame hacking etc when koreans to beat down Onyxia before they could. Fact is none of the fuckin yanks are any better, neither is europeans... I'm sure it was beaten down fair and square, and as in US they keep a close eye of any "hacking" over there. Especially when it comes to one of the biggest raid challenges.
And yes as people have said earlier Koreans are proper hardcore gamers, but that doesnt mean all of em use cheats.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Jesus Christ, so fuckin typical that europeans and yanks blame koreans for hacks etc... Just look at the fuckin replies the yanks have made in that thread.
Basically the yanks blame hacking etc when koreans to beat down Onyxia before they could. Fact is none of the fuckin yanks are any better, neither is europeans... I'm sure it was beaten down fair and square, and as in US they keep a close eye of any "hacking" over there. Especially when it comes to one of the biggest raid challenges.
And yes as people have said earlier Koreans are proper hardcore gamers, but that doesnt mean all of em use cheats.

Naive much?

From the translation of the korean site/article:

"they just congratulated the players who killed onyxia (first sentence) - then started talking about bugs they're working on, which related to ppl being stuck in instance and/or getting kicked out of instance...and there's certain spot a player could stand to avoid all attacks from onyxia...... a bug, since onyxia's supposed to know where anyone is in her lair...

that bug is now fixed..

...and onyxia released her babies later than it should - another bug...

...this article basically warns ppl that it won't be easy now"

I don't know why you've got such a hard on for koreans but it's pretty well known they are nearly always the first to find and abuse bugs/hacks, it's still testament to how committed they are, I bet they were all on a LAN somewhere but you do have to wonder how much those bugs helped.

On the same site it shows the 2 jpgs of a floating mage above mobs AEing, that's how the 3 days -> 60 was done, go into an instance, float above mobs unhittable, AE, gg.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well I dont prejudge a whole country cos what a handful have done, bloody rascists

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Well I dont prejudge a whole country cos what a handful have done, bloody rascists
I don't see anyone here blaming a country for what has happened, if you read koreans they probably mean the group of koreans who did this, I'm still waiting for the blue post to make a judgement on this matter

if it is a cheat or bug abuse then the group who did it deserves to be flamed and get punished for their actions, korean or anything else

the level 60 in 3 days is done by a leveling bot, that's a fact and this being a fact makes the whole onyxia thing very suspicious

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
If they used some form of bug then so what? It would take an extraordinary gang of honest people to _ALL_ agree on not exploiting said bug to see if they could beat it.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Lagnard said:
the level 60 in 3 days is done by a leveling bot, that's a fact and this being a fact makes the whole onyxia thing very suspicious
is there some actual proof of that fact or is it something we just have to trust you in?

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Lagnard said:

I don't think so, a levelling bot can't level more efficiently than a player can, 3 days to 60 is a level every 1.2 hours. I know for a fact people are using the float bug to AE stuff in instances, I think that's a more likely candidate- especially considering the only class that can do that is a mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom