Kill stealing

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
At the beginning of the Closed Beta I didn't know that you "tagged" the mob when you did damage to it.. and people came up and started to hit my mobs ALL the time.. I was thinking "Wtf is wrong with people in WoW? Do they think it's okey to steal my mobs?" I was actually thinking of reporting people because of this. (Because of my DAoC mentality :) )

It wasn't until I was around level 18-20 that I realized that when I done damage to a mob it was mine and I would get the exp and loot. Before that I told people to "F*ck off", "Wtf is wrong with you?" etc etc :) The strange thing is that noone said anything about this until I was lvl 18-20... :/

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
Pokemon! gotta tag them alll!!! you know its your destiny etc .. <shoots himself down in flames>

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Omorof said:
what annoys me most is people skinning your mob! you just kill this mob and some cheeky rogue comes up and starts skinning it and then takes the leather!

I started up a Warrior/Skinner Yesterday and saw this NE Rogue stood over two Wolf carcasses ... so I, seeing the opportunity, trotted up and commenced a skinning action on one of the wolves .... I noticed that the Rogue was 'making' something, and somewhere in the recesses of my mind, an alarm bell went off. So I stopped the skining action before it was complete and performed a /say Sorry!

Being a noob skinner, I really didn't know what to expect when someone else might be skinning. Needless to say, the Rogue was skinning, and rather pleasantly, he gave me an uncommon shield, a reward I guess for not nicking his skin...

The game could do with a bit more of a visual clue regarding the profession activity that someone is performing.

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
So they should make skinning the carcass of a dead animal more realistic? that slaps a big X on the front of the box for X-rated, though i do know what you mean. Other games are fairly gory and you wouldn't have to go into too much detail i suppose. In half life you could bash a dead body to bits with a firemans wrench so whats to stop a small anim of you slashing away at the carcass with a knife?

Similarly i think tailoring and leatherworking should have some sort of needle and thread action rather than the classic...

"Look at the hands, watch the hands, the hands are moving, look at the hands and poof [Elenos creates a Huge Leather Tunic of Doom]"

Any crafter will know what i mean.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
rofl

I was thinking of something less drastic .. such as a little icon beside their name .. or something :D

But carving the skin off the bones is ok too .. after all .. it is skinning!!!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Elenos said:
[Elenos creates a Huge Leather Tunic of Doom]"

Argh!! I just left clicked on the bold part!! Doh!!

Obviously playing too much WoW... Reminds me of a few years ago when I was playing GoldenEye on my old N64 a lot. Was in a Post Office in a queue when I noticed a security camera pointing at me, before I knew it I had ducked out of sight behind the lady in front.

Strongly suspicious behaviour..... :eek7:

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
punchy said:
<RANT>
Thats 2 spells on a casting timer plus cool down from the insta cast curse and yes lots of lovely people will steam in and take the mob during this time although I've clearly engaged the mob (think - "Collect 15 of blah blah dropped item" or "Kill 20 mobs" type quests where 10 people are camping, you get the idea).
</RANT>

Well, why don't you team up then? In the quest which require you to kill a bunch of Harvest Watchers everyone gets credit for each HW you kill, so I guess it's the same for the other quests. It's a lot more efficient too, because with 5 players in a group you kill those HWs in no time at all.

The only problem there was the fact that there were 2 groups of people attacking the same HWs, but fortunately I play as a hunter, and hunters are rather good at 'tagging' mobs ;)

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
the problem comes from the kill and loot quests .. if you have to loot 15 of something and your in a group of 5 you have to kill in excess of 75 mobs .. usually aroun the 120 mark ... but i do think that the first damage done to a mob should tag it...but also that the mob's tag resets if the person that tagged, or the entire group that he is in, dies. This would stop someone tagging a whole bunch of mobs and then getting their group swamped .. it would also mean that anyone standing around near the area could go in and finish off your pull and reap the rewards ... lets face it .. if you can't kill the mob you shouldn't be pulling it .. and why should someone finish off your mob so that you can resurrect at your body and then go and loot it ... seems a bit daft to me.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
I actually think that once a mob goes back to full health, it becomes 'un-tagged'. So if they die, just wait until the mob has regenerated it's health (which just takes seconds when it starts regenerating) and attack it then.

But agree; the gathering quests can be a pain if everyone is killing the same mobs. Taking on a whole camp of them will still be more efficient in a group then taking them all by yourself though, als long as you agree to split the quest drops evenly.

Also: if you hit the 15/15 mark of mobs killed, and your group mates only need a couple more, stick around! Running off the moment you complete the quest is just rude.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Turamber said:
Argh!! I just left clicked on the bold part!! Doh!!

Lost count of the number of times I've clicked on the buttons in a screenshot of some error message or other thinking "wtf their system is really buggered - OK and Cancel aren't even working".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom