[Movie clip] How a level 34 kills a level 43

sko

Loyal Freddie
Ok, ok. I know gloating and braging is bad, but this was really cool and I had to share it. I was roaming Redrige mountains (contested territory, with lowlevel alliance players) with my Warrior, level 34. Helping the cute little ladies and teaching the queer paladins a lesson or two about close combat with an Orc, when the puniest of all dwarves desided to interfere. He was a level 43 Hunter. Press this link to see what happened.

http://home.online.no/~ariaune/WoW/clip/warr-vs-hunter.avi

For those who can't be bothered to download the 5 MB clip, this is what happened- Level 34 Warrior (me), gets attacked by level 43 Hunter (Booze), Warrior uses retaliation with 2handed Whirlwind Axe, lands 3 crits and gutters the Dwarf. Humiliated.

:)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Why didnt the Hunter have a pet? Bad move by the Hunter tbh

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
so it wasnt really skill or anything

well done? hmm.. what. if he had his pet which is normal for a hunter you would have died

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
sko, which server are you on?

i need someone to talk too :<

(if you dont remember, we played in guildwars beta in your guild etc)

sko

Loyal Freddie
I don't know why he didn't have pet, but when I went in melee I heard the whistle sound (he tried to call it, but maybe he forgot to feed it and it was dead or something).

And yes I would have died.. but he was 9 levels above, and he was the one who died.. no if this and if that..

I play on PvP server, Horde. Name's Chronos.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
So the hunters damage output is pretty much cut in half from the outset and you use your 'I win every 30 min button' .. all sounds fair to me, you should have won..

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
Ok, ok. I know gloating and braging is bad, but this was really cool and I had to share it.

:)

OMG NERF WARRS! Thought id get that in now...

tbh it isnt gloating or bragging (or cool) it is a one off, bet you couldnt do it again!!!!! Unless the Hunter is asleep that it :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
that hunter was well stupid, anyone can do that
forget to feed your pet..

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't downloaded yet but will do if the guy's name is "Booz" rather than "Booze" ...cos Booz is a twat and corpse camping his ass every time he tries to gank me while PvEing is a great pleasure.

sko

Loyal Freddie
Thanks for the + feedback ..

Danya, I suppose you think you're awfully clever posting that comment. Furthermore, quoting "clever" people don't make you clever also..

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Nice vid Sko.

Was wondering if you will be making a 'real' movie with your Warrior?

sko

Loyal Freddie
Dommelsch said:
Was wondering if you will be making a 'real' movie with your Warrior?

I doubt it, would be hard find any "good" fights when most ppl are noobs, and I'm only mid level. Maybe in retail, who knows.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
ok i understand how you won with the [Iwin] button

but don't see anything special about it, nothing any other warrior couldn't have done in the same situation

and as mentioned the hunter didn't have a pet so you were basically fighting a class who is utterly gimped in melee when you yourself are arguably the strongest melee class

watched it 5 times and i'm sorry to say but it was the hunter playing like a total noob, probably from over-confidence, than your mad skills

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
Thanks for the + feedback ..

Danya, I suppose you think you're awfully clever posting that comment. Furthermore, quoting "clever" people don't make you clever also..
Touched a nerve did I? :p

The quotes aren't to be clever, they just amuse me. Besides they're no more clever than bragging about a closed beta that finished a week ago in your sig...

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
ha ha nice one m8 :)

things that like that are nice when they happen

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Very nice Sko,

just ignore the tards griefing you, at the end of the day you can only kill who is willing to face you and the Hunter chose to do that, he could have done alot of things to kick your ass but he didnt fair play to you for turning round and facing him.

Most of the twats whining here would have ran like faggots.

sko

Loyal Freddie
Fedaykin said:
ok i understand how you won with the [Iwin] button

but don't see anything special about it, nothing any other warrior couldn't have done in the same situation

and as mentioned the hunter didn't have a pet so you were basically fighting a class who is utterly gimped in melee when you yourself are arguably the strongest melee class

watched it 5 times and i'm sorry to say but it was the hunter playing like a total noob, probably from over-confidence, than your mad skills

I win button? It has 30 minute cooldown, and lasts for 15 second. Maybe you like to call it an I win button, but it's very simple to run away or wait for 15 seconds...

Any Warrior could do this? Yes I'm sure... but please post link to all the other clips where someone kill a 9 levels above. Otherwise, shush.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Calm it, I don't want this degenerating any further. Keep the more objectionable insults to yourself chaps.

On that note well played Sko, I'm not much of a warrior class type, i'd have been the hunter in that situation (although with a pet at least :p). Lord knows if I were in your position i'd have died a most painful death, 'Iwin' button or no :)

edit, something that bothered me throughout DAoC though, and probably will do on WoW, is the annoying thing of being able to run *through* your enemies. Granted it's a handy thing to screw up your opponents targetting but it still irks me that there's no extra-faction collision detection :/ or even interfaction for that matter (although that could allegedly be used to grief by blocking doorways and suchlike).

sko

Loyal Freddie
FuzzyLogic said:
edit, something that bothered me throughout DAoC though, and probably will do on WoW, is the annoying thing of being able to run *through* your enemies. Granted it's a handy thing to screw up your opponents targetting but it still irks me that there's no extra-faction collision detection :/ or even interfaction for that matter (although that could allegedly be used to grief by blocking doorways and suchlike).

Why? All it makes you do is pay a little more attention and use your mouse more actively, it adds a little more sweat under your arms, instead of the auto-fighting poo in Daoc. Turn based is kind of retarded in a MMORPG.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I think you missed what I was getting at, it's not the style of fighting that bothers me, it's that your opponent can simply run through you at whim. I know this is a fantasy game but the idea that people can pass through each other like ghosts still strikes me as silly and makes me wonder why games like these don't have some form of character collision detection.

It's not like DAoC where you can't strafe and fight so would be forced to stand and bash away. T'is a little more dynamic, even if it would be resorting to strafing about each other (Yes it's not an fps but I hope you catch my drift).

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
A number of other mmorpgs have collision detection without the game being unplayable, wonder why blizzard chose not to. ;/

sko

Loyal Freddie
I agreed FuzzyLogic, but also it's nice that you can't press "fight" and sit back until the fight is over though..

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
you posted obviously lookign for some people to stand up and say, "omfg this guy pwns" and have done nothing but wajn at the people who didn't like the vid

i think its impressive how fast you drop him don't get me wrong, but it's sort of like watching the Sorc daoc vids were every single fight has them with MoC up and spamming lifetap

sko said:
Any Warrior could do this? Yes I'm sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom