Olympocalypse 2016

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
India's medal haul is astonishing considering the population of the place.

How many of them are living in absolute squalor though, and also:

They don't give much of a shit about 99% of international sport.

This. Cricket, Badminton, and that's about all they care about.

A lot of my Indian pals have joined cricket clubs around Edinburgh who are delighted for them to join because they're fucking awesome at it. It's like Lionel Messi joining a bunch of blokes for a Thursday night game of 5's.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
India's medal haul is astonishing considering the population of the place.
if they add Kabaddi, Polo and Cricket they would probably get 3 medals. Would not surprise me if they added T20 around 2032. There are a lot more countries playing it now. Probably about as many as Rugby 7's.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Would love to see 20 20 cricket.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
To qualify for T20:
  • An IQ score at or below 75 (when IQ 100 is the score of the average person)
  • Significant limitations in adaptive behaviour (conceptual, social or practical adaptive skills) [Examples may include: communication, self care, social skills, home living, health and safety]
According to Wikipedia.

There's a wide base for it i'd say. With my social skills after being home a week having a killer flu, i'd easily qualify.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Done it. 2nd.

Excellent stuff. Really enjoyed it throughout which I really didn't expect. Watched loads of stuff I wouldn't normall dream of.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We just need the world to realise that swimming is a stupid sport and then we could beat the US too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
To qualify for T20:
  • An IQ score at or below 75 (when IQ 100 is the score of the average person)
  • Significant limitations in adaptive behaviour (conceptual, social or practical adaptive skills) [Examples may include: communication, self care, social skills, home living, health and safety]
According to Wikipedia.

There's a wide base for it i'd say. With my social skills after being home a week having a killer flu, i'd easily qualify.
Whats wrong with t20 cricket. Its a good game. Nothing like the test matches. But much more entertaining.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who gives a fuck about money or anything else. The amount of times I felt goosebumps when GB won is so fucking uplifiting. Loved every minute of our history making.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Who gives a fuck about money or anything else. The amount of times I felt goosebumps when GB won is so fucking uplifiting. Loved every minute of our history making.

I'm so jaded; I watched NL lose the hockey to GB and I couldn't care less either way. I watch the street parties whenever NL does something, anything, win, lose, whatever in the footy and all they do is annoy me. I wish I could get enthusiastic over sports. The only thing I find vaguely thrilling is mountain-biking, because I happen to do that sport. As to whoever wins or loses an mtb race, I don't give two shits.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm so jaded; I watched NL lose the hockey to GB and I couldn't care less either way. I watch the street parties whenever NL does something, anything, win, lose, whatever in the footy and all they do is annoy me. I wish I could get enthusiastic over sports. The only thing I find vaguely thrilling is mountain-biking, because I happen to do that sport. As to whoever wins or loses an mtb race, I don't give two shits.
That's you. Never give up :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Cavendish is s frickin legend, he's on that Sunday cooking show and the guy asks him if he'll be watching the closing ceremony...just shakes his head and says 'nah, never watch them or turn up for the openings'.
The guy just didn't know what to say.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Dont see why you should get a knight hood for doing something you are naturally good at.

georgie

FH is my second home
You think he's achieved what he has by being naturally good at it?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
He apparently runs around 130 miles a week, which is astonishing. Is that what it takes to be "naturally good" at running?

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I guess it depends on what you think the honours system is for, and what it should reward. David Cameron seemed to think it was his own box of sweeties to be given to his chums. I'd rather see members of the population who have excelled at something which we as a nation can be proud of rewarded. No-one excels at something they aren't naturally good at or interested in, or if they do it is a truly remarkable achievement, like a lawyer being renowned for honesty, or a politician for sincerity.

Honest and sincere apologies to any lawyers / politicians for the gross stereotypes used for effect.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Agreed. Unbelievable athlete.

Dacre suicide wouldn't be terrible news either.
Such a tiresome slur, Daily Mail readers hold up Mo as a perfect example of integration and success..

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dont see why you should get a knight hood for doing something you are naturally good at.

Why do people get knighthoods at all? Ridiculous system.

David Cameron seemed to think it was his own box of sweeties to be given to his chums.

True of every prime minister ever. Cameron is getting stick for it right now, but its always been the same. My favourite was the Chairman of a company I used to work for; did everything but stick his tongue up John Major's arse to get his knighthood (and probably wouldn't have thought twice about doing that too) and then was awarded a CBE. The rage behind the fake smile was a thing to behold.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
He apparently runs around 130 miles a week, which is astonishing. Is that what it takes to be "naturally good" at running?
But its what he wants to do. Its a selfish thing to do being a sportsman. Especially one who is in an individual event. Its not like the person who devotes themselves to helping others, like volunteering for a hospice or somethi g similar.

Its purely for self. And yes if he wasnt naturally gifted he wouldnt be top of his sport if he ran 130 miles or not tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
But its what he wants to do. Its a selfish thing to do being a sportsman. Especially one who is in an individual event. Its not like the person who devotes themselves to helping others, like volunteering for a hospice or somethi g similar.

Its purely for self. And yes if he wasnt naturally gifted he wouldnt be top of his sport if he ran 130 miles or not tbh.

I don't care if he competes for selfish reasons. He enjoys it, he gets paid to do it, people enjoy watching him do it. Public awards aren't just about recognising people who sacrifice themselves to improve the lot of others, they're also about recognising the personal sacrifices of those who want to be the best they can be. He's excelled in his chosen field, he's the world's best at it. He's exactly the kind of person we should look up to. And besides all that, the more people we have in sport, the more we learn about the human body. And the more we know about human physiology, the better we all are for it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Such a tiresome slur, Daily Mail readers hold up Mo as a perfect example of integration and success..
I wasn't hoping he dies based on anything to do with Mo Farah just on the basis of him being a terrible human being. Also the original article (not mine and I didn't link it) was humorous.

. <- the point

Job -> :confused:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Googled this Dacre, looks like an 'absolute tit'. Also, there was a slight deviation in the google-image search as you can see below:

what.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom