Olympocalypse 2016

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This is going to go well.
I believe the chinese team en route to the olympic village was caught in the middle of a gang gunfight, and the pool swimming teams are training in the training pool with snorkels because the water in the swimming pool is "cloudy and soupy".

Over 20 athletes have been robbed already, and the british swimming teams gear has been nicked from the olympic village so they'll be in PJs I suppose.

The IOC really delivering a masterclass here.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Did anyone expect anything different? It's about time things like this weren't given to shit holes but instead, civilised countries.

They don't benefit the people at all.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Best Olympics yet.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Did anyone expect anything different? It's about time things like this weren't given to shit holes but instead, civilised countries.

They don't benefit the people at all.

I know, it's like giving the World Cup to some backwater like Russia or Qatar.

Oh.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
YxVdqqa.png

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
@TdC I had a moment of weakness, sorry. It's just that were getting loads of reports of Moroccan street 'children' raping women, and also a Moroccan teen soccer team, who's trainer and then the whole team surrounded and felt up/fingered three 16-y/o's at Gothia cup.

On topic: Wow, Rio's a worse shithole than i previously had thought. A friend's been travelling around Brazil and i haven't heard one bad thing from him.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Watched a thing on Mo yesterday and he was training in some sketchy places. Now I see why, guess you run quicker if you're being chased.

I wonder how they'll do the out of the area stuff such as cycling - they're gonna have to have armed police all the way through the course.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
@TdC I had a moment of weakness, sorry. It's just that were getting loads of reports of Moroccan street 'children' raping women, and also a Moroccan teen soccer team, who's trainer and then the whole team surrounded and felt up/fingered three 16-y/o's at Gothia cup.

On topic: Wow, Rio's a worse shithole than i previously had thought. A friend's been travelling around Brazil and i haven't heard one bad thing from him.

When I was travelling, Rio was one of only three places I was nervous when out, the other two were Manaus, also in Brazil, and Tegucigalpa in Honduras. Rio is proper dodgy, even during the day.

Job

I hate to say it, but if they scrapped the Olympics forever...I would be like meh.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
When I was travelling, Rio was one of only three places I was nervous when out, the other two were Manaus, also in Brazil, and Tegucigalpa in Honduras. Rio is proper dodgy, even during the day.

Even back in the days? I'm talking 10-15 years ago.

edit: Apparently they didn't steal the torch to light the olympic fire. Hm.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Even back in the days? I'm talking 10-15 years ago.

edit: Apparently they didn't steal the torch to light the olympic fire. Hm.

I was in Rio in...early 2007 (Carnival). As far as I'm aware its only got worse since then. I met a girl in Argentina who'd been mugged at gunpoint in Rio, and she reckoned she was one of many staying at her hostel. I was lucky in a way that I was hanging out with a local for most of my time there so I got decent advice. Most surprising thing to me was that the ATMs close at 9PM to stop people being dragged at gunpoint to the machines to empty their accounts (this happened to some Irish lads when I was in La Paz in Bolivia a few months later).

Embattle

FH is my second home
Probably could of saved money if they made the venues with less seats, judging by the number of empty ones.

Job

That leg break...nasty...even weirder is the reaction in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom