Ol' Prydwen

Choppy

Fledgling Freddie
Just a word about servers, in NA they announced the servers for WoW this resulted in many of the guilds getting together on the same server. What happened? it was the busiest server longest que times to get in and very very lagged once you got in. many guilds ended up going to other servers or playing alts on the other side on different servers. Really messed up my first month lol

So its a rock and a hard place, especially with Europe with so many different languages. But as some one said picking a server for all is relatively easy even with out knowing the names, Second English Server Alphabetically. I say English because they did break down the DAoC servers and tag them with main countries so I'm assuming they will do the same for WAR.

I think thats a differnt AoD than the one from Pry (ohh and Hey Indiy), check out Delania's Sig
DAoC ~ Angels of Death ~ Excal
Avalonian Theurgist Delania
Briton Armswoman Nevera

But 100% agree Steveh and Co. where a brilliant bunch of guys (and girls)!

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
But as some one said picking a server for all is relatively easy even with out knowing the names, Second English Server Alphabetically.

I think you are over estimating the average DAOC players ability to follow this simple rule for picking the correct server.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
We were going to go with the 3rd english server alphabetically for WoW. Bladefist. We ended up on the 3rd server from the initial list.

Had we gone bladefist, we would have quit wow within 3 months. The server was, for all intents and purposes, unplayble, with 10-30 second server freezes every 3-5 minutes.

BECAUSE no one knew the server names, everyone used the 3rd 4th server etc etc. Which meant certain realms were stupidly overpopulated anyway. )pretty much the first 7 servers alphabetically. So the problem is going to happen no matter what. At least if they release the names of the server, they can stick "high population - avoid!" tags on the server list.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We were going to go with the 3rd english server alphabetically for WoW. Bladefist. We ended up on the 3rd server from the initial list.

Had we gone bladefist, we would have quit wow within 3 months. The server was, for all intents and purposes, unplayble, with 10-30 second server freezes every 3-5 minutes.

BECAUSE no one knew the server names, everyone used the 3rd 4th server etc etc. Which meant certain realms were stupidly overpopulated anyway. )pretty much the first 7 servers alphabetically. So the problem is going to happen no matter what. At least if they release the names of the server, they can stick "high population - avoid!" tags on the server list.

We should pick the last server on the list, noobs are too lazy to scroll down ;)

Gnarrth

Fledgling Freddie

It wasn't that bad imo but it was in a god awful state, during sundays the instance server kept falling on it's arse till the two transfers started to level things out.

/offtopic. :p

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Heh, I just remember trying to run deadmines and we got abit further through it each time, after 9 runs we had the speed run mastered and we managed to beat the end boss... no loot though as server died about a second later, but at least we got our quests flagged as done.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh its not rly hard... just communicate inbetween guilds so you're sure you will end up all on the same server, its not that hard.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
We should pick the last server on the list, noobs are too lazy to scroll down ;)

That's what Wolverines did, third up from the bottom, which is why we ended up on Turalyon.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Benn playing wow with alot of old DAoC'ers Ken Wood, hoddsy, lydi, oshio/vindicare, MRCoffee, stafford well to may to name. Should all be back for WAR and hope to see some old faces. :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Benn playing wow with alot of old DAoC'ers Ken Wood, hoddsy, lydi, oshio/vindicare, MRCoffee, stafford well to may to name. Should all be back for WAR and hope to see some old faces. :)

MrCoffee :D Top bloke!

Xtrion

Fledgling Freddie
hey Prydwen ppl :) waa cant wait for warhammer :O
Case :eek: where u been at? been waiting for u on wow for ages -.- but still no case online :p

LoE ftw :england:

Vestax

Loyal Freddie
So many old faces in this thread!

*waves*

Hey cHodAX... is Docwolfe still working at maccy d's? :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So many old faces in this thread!

*waves*

Hey cHodAX... is Docwolfe still working at maccy d's? :D

Lol elo mucker :) Nah Doc was only doing that as a summer job while at Uni, he is now in a very well paid computer programmer postition with a massive financial software company. He probably earns more than me and you combined! ;) :D

Vestax

Loyal Freddie
Lol elo mucker :) Nah Doc was only doing that as a summer job while at Uni, he is now in a very well paid computer programmer postition with a massive financial software company. He probably earns more than me and you combined! ;) :D

Awesome! :D

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure this is covered in other posts, but it is related to this post; I bloody hope they dont have cross server queueing.

Communities like Prydwens will never flourish if you are always fighting nameless people from nameless servers.

Id liek to think it isnt going to happen though, if these damn PVP scenarios influence the outside world, is it really FAIR if a servers front line is decided by other server players?

Methinks not.

PS do you like our new LOE sigs? :england:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bleh, someone gave me a fat dwarf as my sig, I mean come on, I might only be 5ft 8inches but that is hardly a dwarf! :p ;) :D

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie
Not been here in ages. Many faces i know and i still remember selling ToA to some of you, lol.

See you in WAR! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom