[INFO] Official Updates Discussion

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
servers are down :( any one seen any news anywhere else about this?

Jonnyrocker

Fledgling Freddie
Since we launched our new validation system yesterday, players have been flooding onto the beta servers. We've been working on the systems constantly and at the moment more than 70,000 fans are able to play. Some of you however have tried to validate your codes and have received a message saying that they were invalid. If this is the case, please take note of the following points:

The letter 'I' can sometimes look like the number '1'
Likewise on some printed sheets, the letters 'D' and 'O' may be hard to tell apart
A zero will be printed as an 'O' with a line through it.
Please ensure that you are only trying to validate an open beta code, headstart or bonus item codes are not valid at this time, the system will now reject these codes immediately to make it easier for you and to prevent the wrong codes from being submitted.

Previously when you validated your code, there was a delay between the confirmation email and you being able to access the servers, our technicians have worked to remove this delay and now you will be able to patch and play as soon as your confirmation email is received. The last remaining 10,000 players who were waiting for access can now join the action on the servers.

Are you serious about what you write here on your i must be one of those 10k players i have waited for any type of email for soon to be 20hrs.
So 70k players that is incredible if that would be true.
Most of what i read on this forum is that ppl havent got their keys even if its only one percent that write on these forums or the other ones it would not be 70k i have a CE key btw. is thats why we are left.
Maybee the PCOB01 keys dont work.

I was thinkin about writing something here about how i think of this but i will refrain from it.

J

Firecrown

Fledgling Freddie
And what about the 000's of players still yet to register an account :(

Can't set up the wifes yet - so still have the email wait to go through :mad:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
why no updates today?

are they trying to loose customers?

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Reply to the "15:50 CET, September 9 - Where we are right now" Update

Can I just point out that the comparisons to Terminal 5 are not the same.

People were able to purchase and register their flight details before the terminal opened, the terminal issues seen after can be compared with game servers crashing.

We are not having game server problems, we are having account issues because someone decided it was a good idea to prevent key registration pre open-beta.

Using your Heathrow example, it would be like the airlines not selling plane tickets for any flights leaving terminal 5 until the exact moment it opened its doors.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well the flights were working, just not the infrastructure around the flights - it's a metaphor and metaphors generally don't work heh ;)

Khazoom

Fledgling Freddie
Hello GOA?????????????????,

I've been trying to get my keys registered since sunday evening.
I had a account since a year and made also a new one on sunday with different email, login etc. (guess why?)

I've been trying on both to get my beta keys validated, only thing i get back
is an e-mail reply with ' your code hasn't been registered, click here blablabla'.
When i click the link, i get directed to war-europe website and an 'authentication failed, check login and password' pop-up appears.

Been trying this many times and I am 100% positive my login/pass is correct.
How about you fix the registration in a decent manner and provide support for a failing system to people who paid for their pre-order to get in open beta.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
My son is still waiting for his email since Sunday morning. I got on the game ealrier - but having been booted not long ago - I get back on to discover my characters are wiped

Andyredbeard

Fledgling Freddie
Can we please get an update about the key validation queue from GOA? It appears some people only have to wait for a short while to get an automatic email and some others, like me, have waited more than 24 hours.

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any estimated time or date when people can register at war-europe.com in order to create an account so that I can activate my Beta key.

As at the moment they seem to be sorting it for everyone who has accounts with the site. Have read through the updates but seems they are just focusing their time on getting the people who are registered to the site sorted first, which I understand.

Just wanted to know a rough estimate on time or If i'll be able to do this before Headstart comes in.

Any feedback of what you have heard or advice you can give would be appreciated! :D

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
GOA have decided to use a selective validation, they felt just playing second fiddle to the NA market wasn't good enough, they had to segregate some of us even further :D

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any estimated time or date when people can register at war-europe.com in order to create an account so that I can activate my Beta key.

As at the moment they seem to be sorting it for everyone who has accounts with the site. Have read through the updates but seems they are just focusing their time on getting the people who are registered to the site sorted first, which I understand.

Just wanted to know a rough estimate on time or If i'll be able to do this before Headstart comes in.

Any feedback of what you have heard or advice you can give would be appreciated! :D

Im not sure thats true about sorting it for those already with an acount. My son has had an account for more than a year and he is still waiting for his email after a day and a half

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Starting to wonder if goa has been taken over by activizzard.

That definately would improve things tbh - Blizzard may have fucked up a bit on the start of Warcraft a few years ago but since then nothing that even remotely compares to this has happened.

GOA on the other hand....well, it all started with DAoC....................<insert long story that prolly everyone knows already here>

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
My son is still waiting for his email since Sunday morning. I got on the game ealrier - but having been booted not long ago - I get back on to discover my characters are wiped

which server were you playing on?

Karabree

Fledgling Freddie
I'm in the same situation, had an account for nearly a year, and I'm still waiting for the Email.

I have been trying to play open beta since 1030 GMT on Sunday.

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
Im not sure thats true about sorting it for those already with an acount. My son has had an account for more than a year and he is still waiting for his email after a day and a half

Well they are atlaest trying to sort it for your son... it seems I am still unable to even register on the site to wait for an e-mail ;)

Lecoste

Fledgling Freddie
"Although a lot of players are still queuing to have their codes validated and our technical teams are still working to improve that process, we still want to share the eighth edition of the guild highlights with you

This week we bring you different ways to manage your guild’s items and money: Vaults, Taxes, and Tithes. These tools are meant to be a useful addition for any size guild. After all, what more do you need if you have a little nest egg in the bank?. Plus we also visit another featured guild.

Read all the details on this page."

this is a JOKE of an update. comeon guys ur usual 'blame the techs and eta = unkown' is just pathetic now. sunday monday tuesday. 3 days to sort this out and u actually have some how believed u can 'sweep' it under the carpet by talking to the somewhat 80k people about guilds? :eek:

u guys say mythic are 100% behind u, why? why in gods name would they be 100% behind a company that is quite literraly failing at every hurdle.
IF they are behind u, its due to legal reasons.

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
I know people who haven't even got a fucking email and can log on and play. Tis a joke

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Just checking - but Im sure it was Karag Hirn - but since none of the servers are showing I have any characters I guess its moot

characters vanishing is quite a serious issue - make sure to bug report it in-game with the original character names

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
I know people who haven't even got a fucking email and can log on and play. Tis a joke

Heh, ten mins after posting this, i randomly try the patcher and I log in, and I don't have an email from GOA(t).

Protip seems to be "don't wait for the email"

Good luck guys

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, ten mins after posting this, i randomly try the patcher and I log in, and I don't have an email from GOA(t).

Protip seems to be "don't wait for the email"

Good luck guys

Doesn't work for me, and I copy/pasted the validation code across.

I wonder if the Big News Magnus promised on war-europe.com is the guild taxation update? (Bloody marvellous, we can't even get into the game before getting taxed!)

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
Aye dude, I've been trying the patcher randomly since registering my key yesterday since my friend was able to log on virtually straight away without getting an email.

People have been saying all sorts about trying to get a key, open 5 tabs and send them all at the same time etc. Tried a few times (got sick of putting my beta key in, I think I know it in my head better than my mobile number tbh) But still had nothing.

It sucks, especially because the beta authentication site is supposed to be "ONLINE" When it blatently isn't.

Best advice I can give is to just keep trying, it sucks, it's frustrating, but meh, that's all we can do.

GOA too busy drinking wine and eating brie...

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
"You are now registered with Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning!
An e-mail has been sent to you at the following address:
*************@*******.com
you must click on the link in the e-mail to activate your account"

wow i feel like i may be getting somewhere, waiting on that e-mail now hehe! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom