[INFO] Official Updates Discussion

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
thats what i had been doing my point is the key from my first pre order back is invalid and yes its the right key starting PCOB01

ill try and get my other pre order packs key to work.

i originally pre ordered from HMV but decided to go with play.com instead so i have 2 keys to try some people wont have that luxury if there key is invalid

DrClink

Fledgling Freddie
well I spent a total of 16 hours on and off yesterday wasting my time , I saw the post by the CEO go up, well OK he is sorry, quite easy to say sorry though isnt it, albeit not directly his fault ultimately the buck stops with him I suppose.
14 hours and no email from a new account I made and then later discovered I didnt need to make,and still none the wiser what account details of mine are active and work or what, infact now im so confused I dont know what my old login was and what other information I have added in an effort to make things work...
Still onwards and upwards todays a new day lets hope that our customer liason officers have learnt one thing from yesterday, no communication = pissed of people, people would much rather see a post saying it still doesnt work just to keep you appraised..... there is nothing worse than a 3 hour gap between statements...and lets face it many of us have a pretty dim view on GOA from our DAOC times, although in fairness they wasnt all bad and did have some half decent aspects, if only they had communicated back then people wouldnt of felt quite so much dread today.
fingers crossed that the promise of things working by late morning come true.......

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
it's a brand new set of servers - in open beta we had 1 server for each language....

There's now: 8 english, 5 german, 4 french, 1 spanish, 1 italian and they're hosted in the new datacentre.
Still, they are there :p small victories and all that.

I bet it ends up being 8 polish not english

Jonnyrocker

Fledgling Freddie
The clock is now 10.44 in my country and it would be nice if Magnus could update his thread again since its way past late morning now and still no authentication service up.

J

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
the sweet nectar of paying for something that you don't get!

why o why did I order a CE..

Cromix

Fledgling Freddie
EDIT, Magnus beat me to it.

4pm :( well few more hours of waitting.

Lunatari

Fledgling Freddie
Workaround, Relentless Refreshing

This is a little thing I figured out last night to activate your cd-key IF you have a working account on war-europe.com.

1: Go to the cd-key page http://www.war-europe.com/#/myproductkey/

This is a weird site so, it might not show anything but if you mash the refresh some you should get something out of it, most likely just the regular login page.

Refresh until you get the centered and framed window that says something like "You have to be logged in to view this page".

Under the password field it should say "Home".

Now you know the webbie has some sort of connection to authid.goa.com

2: Log in with your account.....

Sometimes you get the 414 sometimes you get 1103, sometimes you get the annoying "You are already logged it" but this is the win.

3: Now it is just to refresh this page.

You will know that you are on the right path when you see the loginframe again but with "Welcome <insertname>" and a "myproductkey"/"logout" link instead of the regular "username" "password".

When you get this and you have the spinning wheel, for god sake dont press anything.

Let the wheel spin...

(The status window on your FF3 browsers should say Receiving data from payment.goa.com. This is good. PS: internet exploder seems to not show anything)

Wait until the page loads the cd key fields.

(you might have to reload a few times too 414 will come)

4: CD KEY validation frields.

Insert your key.

Press validate.

NOW if you do get 414/1103 or such. Do not close the error window, just move it away and press validate again.

5: After validation you get confirmation. *sigh*

Same thing, do not close the error window, this is the most annoying part.

You will quite a few 414 errors here but you will if lucky get a little mail to you that says you activated beta.

(this took me like 30min last night)

Do not know if this is shunned upon by GoA but hey, You want to beta or not :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
From the email confirming a CD key has been tied to an account:

What is this meant to mean?

1 key, with 1 and only 1 advertised feature: ie open beta - from a standard edition preorder rather than CE/freebie keys.

Is it supposed to mean the free item codes etc or even the Headstart codes?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Its not a headstart code, its not a item code - those are separate.

Its a single purpose open beta key, or at least thats what its being supplied as.

B

bioxer

re

Hey guys i got some weird problem, i finished the regestration and all and got the patch down but when i press the play button i get an message that says:

WAR.exe - Can't find a component
This program could not be started becouse of the d3dx9_34.dll could not be found. Try to reinstall the program to correct this fault.

(Tried to transelate it from swedish)
Anyone got an clue how i could fix it, or have someone the same problem?

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Hey guys i got some weird problem, i finished the regestration and all and got the patch down but when i press the play button i get an message that says:

This program could not be started becouse of the d3dx9_34.dll could not be found. Try to reinstall the program to correct this fault.

You have a directx 9 problem.
D3dx9_34.dll - D3dx9_34.dll Not Found Error - Missing D3dx9_34.dll - Fix D3dx9_34.dll

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie

I got this error while installing on my BFs (newly reformatted) computer. I fixed it by installing the latest Direct X drivers. Check out this link to download it from microsoft.

Lycka till!

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
The website is so dodgy.
The link provided on the main site just linked straight back to the main site through Firefox 3, so I tried it in IE6 which just had the background of the site. Then I tried it in Chrome, and got to the right page but it wouldn't authenticate my key, Finally tried it in safari (I know, i have a lot of browsers!) and it got the right page, and allowed my key to be activated with my account. I haven't tried with Opera or any other browers you can care to think of.

My advice to all is: Try the link in different browsers, it may help!
My question is: Will issues like this be addressed?

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
I finally managed to enter my beta key on the new registration page.. I then go to launch the game to patch, and get Authentication failed... is this related to the log in page on the website?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I finally managed to enter my beta key on the new registration page.. I then go to launch the game to patch, and get Authentication failed... is this related to the log in page on the website?

You have to wait for an e-mail saying your account is active AFAIK

:wub:

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
I cant login on the page, but i can fill out the betacode and acc info, but all I get is alot of 414. should I just keep validating, whitout closing the error message??????

CE ftw.....

Andyredbeard

Fledgling Freddie
The official updates thread states:
Account registration: Offline
Open Beta key authentication: Online

However I'm not able to login since I get an error saying that the authentification service is down. Doesn't this also mean that the OB key auth is down since in effect I can not use it? Also when is the auth service planned to be back online? Thanks!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

Andyredbeard

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks flim and crash. I tried clearing cache and also all three browsers but still got the same. However instead of trying to log in in the box on the front page I guess I was supposed to go directly to Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning . I wish they could have made this more obvious from the beginning :p.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know roughly how long it takes for the email to arrive confirming activation ?

Grim666

Fledgling Freddie
That weel has been rolling for 1h now... iam starting to think this is a waste of time:(

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
refresh the page... and try again... the key should get accepted istantly

Crispin

Fledgling Freddie
However I'm not able to login since I get an error saying that the authentification service is down. Doesn't this also mean that the OB key auth is down since in effect I can not use it? Also when is the auth service planned to be back online? Thanks!

Same thing here, was getting impatient so tried loggin into the patcher 3 times, after which it kills the window.... then i tried activating it again and it says the account is blocked/suspended.

I'm guessing that it's just not activated (talk about a troublesome activation process), if it turns out it did get suspended for "typing in the wrong pw 3 times" which i'm 110% sure i didnt since it worked when i entered the beta key, well then :lol: although it's very unlikely that's the case.

I did however get a mail after i confirmed the link in the initial mail, are you supposed to end up with 3 mails in total?

1 for the initial activation link, 1 for the "welcome username and blabla" and then a "your beta account is working" ?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know roughly how long it takes for the email to arrive confirming activation ?

Found this timed 5:44 over on Warhammer Alliance

Originally Posted by IainC_Goa
Q: How long before the confirmation emails arrive?
This will depend but the current turn around seems to vary between 1 and 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom