[INFO] Official Updates Discussion

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
We've kept the official info thread closed to keep the important posts clearer.

Post any comments in this thread. Questions can go in this thread.

NO FLAMES WILL BE TOLERATED

Will be policing this thread very heavily, this is meant for getting information out and questions answered not for bashing GOA. There are other threads where you can post your frustrations...

Thanks.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
One obvious thing missing: any sort of ETAs on

1. Opening registration on website.
2. If different from #1 - Allowing keys to be added to accounts that are already created.

5 mins, 5 hours, 5 days ... doesnt need to be accurate guesses, but something wouldnt hurt.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
One obvious thing missing: any sort of ETAs on

1. Opening registration on website.
2. If different from #1 - Allowing keys to be added to accounts that are already created.

5 mins, 5 hours, 5 days ... doesnt need to be accurate guesses, but something wouldnt hurt.

Yeah they must have an idea. Something like, "it will be at least 1/2 hours until we reopen authentication server."

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
You may want to edit it the 'official' thread a little since it repeats the 'Server caps' para.

However - there are 8 English servers and some more non-English primary language ones, with a quoted capacity of 1,000 each - so why have they called a stop at just over 5,000?

Am I right in suspecting that one major reason account creation has fallen down so spectacularly is that a lot of people created unnecessary second accounts because they were misled by the GOA site - and is there any way we can tell them once we receive the unneeded authentication mails that particular account can be shut - or will simply not responding to their mail kill it off? Don't want the genuine release to have p[roblems because the database of accounts is full of junk from OB.....

And as ever - what timescales for anything happening? And preferably more accurate than 'it will be open 8:30 Sunday', please ;)

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Given that you have a server cap of 1000 with a queue of 1500, and are planning to increase the cap by about 25% every few hours, when exactly do you expect to have raised the server caps to a sufficient level to allow everyone with a key to login and play?

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
GOA isthe ones who let out x number of keys for FREE, I as a Customer of CE for sure think they should be able to have servers so us who paid for CE can get in and play.

My question is: When will more servers come up? (not a question of if, cause apparently it will be needed with 55.000 CE + 50 000+++ randoms)

sareth

Fledgling Freddie
Just want to say thx for the Official update posts. Even though they may not contain answers we want to hear, any info is better than no info. Good luck in sorting out the Gremlins, and once again thx for the updates keep them coming.

fizzy

Fledgling Freddie
The news section of the Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning is great but exceptionally dated and gives the impression that only certain people within the goa heirarchy can approve / publish positive posts only.

Certainly today, that has not been helpful.

So are there any plans to have a 'server status' page, and keep this updated with the timescales mentioned in the other posts, what the technical issues are and what is being done to resolve them?

A status page that says
'We are looking at the authentication key not appearing issue, and are looking into this as a result we have taken the authentication down. We hope to have this resolved by 18:30.

This post will be updated when authentication services are back in place (or at 18:30 whatever comes first)."

This type of status comment from the supplying company is a vital communications tool to keep your userbase in the loop as to
a) the problems are acknowledged
b) work is underway to resolve them
c) a timescale estimate of when the problem will be resolved
(or if not resolved when the community will be updated).
and
d) what the user community can do to overcome them

Thanks, Fizzy.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
ok so correct me if im wrong over 100,000 people have keys to get into open beta and you have 8 servers capped at 1000 people each, this cap will be increased by 25% every hour.

that means it will take you 12 hours to get the cap over 100,000

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
You state server caps increase by 25% every hour.

250 ppl per hour per server (to protect newb zones)
8 servers
2000 ppl per hour

55000 CE accounts
50000 beta keys (minimum) free
45000 ?? EA/D2D sales

Total 150000 (for sake of easiness)

150000/2000 = 75hours
Admit this may not be accurate, just going off the rough numbers

Do you plan to take 3 days to get us all in game?
Why do we have these caps, Mythic seem to have just opened up their servers on PW 1+2/OB?
Estimation on Account Auth times?

Keep going, we like the feedback, even if it isnt always good news, jsut makes us feel like we know whats happening a bit more :D

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
However - there are 8 English servers and some more non-English primary language ones, with a quoted capacity of 1,000 each - so why have they called a stop at just over 5,000?
does this 5,000 include the problably 100k+ closed beta testers or do us paying customers have to wait for the people that have been playing the game for weeks to get out of the noobie areas aswell as the people who were given free keys?

do they expect to do these "waves" on launch day aswell? if they do it will be the worst mmo launch in history

Etzel

Fledgling Freddie
I'm with Zoldot on this, I paid for a CE specifically to get open beta access, now I have to sit in a queue with no ETA because you chose to give out 50k keys to anyone who could write an email.

What happens on the 14th when you have a rush of CE's registering live keys? Will I have to wait in some time restricted queue on live day?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus....................

Without trying to sound harsh when can we expect to be able to enter keys and play this game?? tonight, tomorrow?? Tuesday even?

This ETA not available really does not cut it anymore, what I want to know is, is there any point in me sitting here and refreshing and checking forums every 5 minutes or shall I try and savour whats left of my Sunday?

Edit* Oh and also if you only planned to let a certain amount of people in, why hand out thousands of keys to people who have not actually paid a deposit for the CE?? should you not be looking after your actual customers first instead of handing it out to anyone who fancies a go?

I'm confused as my box clearly states "GUARENTEED open beta access".................. that does not seem to be the case now? especially with 8 servers and a population cap on all of them...... if I finally do manage to get registered I could sit in server queues until blue in the face............. I'm sorry but thats not GUARENTEED in anyones book.

You've made promises you simply cannot adhere to.... simple as that

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
2 Questions

1) Is there an ETA for account registrations to be re-opened and will GOA be working through the night to resolve this issue?
2) Can the 200MB patch be released as a torrent so that the patch servers aren't hammered quite so heavily.

And I must say, I'm most annoyed; this open beta is worse than the AoC betas by a considerable long shot.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Magnus....................

Without trying to sound harsh when can we expect to be able to enter keys and play this game?? tonight, tomorrow?? Tuesday even?

This ETA not available really does not cut it anymore, what I want to know is, is there any point in me sitting here and refreshing and checking forums every 5 minutes or shall I try and savour whats left of my Sunday?

I think thats the key really. Its not about the problems, we understand this is a beta. It would just be nice to know whether, in all probability, we will be able to play this evening or should we all go do something else?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
The biggest issue I face is that my closed beta will not patch to the open. I have done everything advised including ticking the check all files box. So I am kind of stuck beyond downloading the open beta client but the download of the open beta is just too slow.

Seems that there is massive demand for this game. Doubt there will be any solutions tonight. I hope they get it sorted out though.

Shark

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I'm confused as my box clearly states "GUARENTEED open beta access".................. that does not seem to be the case now? especially with 8 servers and a population cap on all of them...... if I finally do manage to get registered I could sit in server queues until blue in the face............. I'm sorry but thats not GUARENTEED in anoyones book.

'Guaranteed', yes - 'guaranteed' from day one through the full Open Beta period, probably not. Doubt there's anything legally enforceable yet in the 'guarantee' as things stand, although it's bitterly disappointing currently (and some may think it was misleading), but so far that contract hasn't been broken.

humza

Fledgling Freddie
What I want to know is why do the servers need maintenance after having been open for open beta testers a few hours?
I am the first to admit that I barely know anything about this so please do not flame me.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
What I want to know is why do the servers need maintenance after having been open for open beta testers a few hours?
I am the first to admit that I barely know anything about this so please do not flame me.

Think he means the auth servers on the site.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I think thats the key really. Its not about the problems, we understand this is a beta. It would just be nice to know whether, in all probability, we will be able to play this evening or should we all go do something else?

This evening is not going to happen, if they cant put on ETA on the account pages, then lets be realistic we've got bob hope.

Thanks GOA, I was really looking forward to today and look what you've done, everyone in the EU has been left in the dark and any excitement we had to play this game has now passed.

You've left us completely in the dark and only present us with some decent info 10 hours after we should of been able to login and to add to that still cant even give us a rough ETA on anything. You have failed.

Kaleii

Fledgling Freddie
Given that you have a server cap of 1000 with a queue of 1500, and are planning to increase the cap by about 25% every few hours, when exactly do you expect to have raised the server caps to a sufficient level to allow everyone with a key to login and play?

Baffles me.

mini-hammer

Fledgling Freddie
The thing that is baffling me at this current time is why do we only have 5000 people playing at the moment when everyone that is part of the american beta are having the time of there lifes, just seems insane.

Also i know alot of people are not going to agree with me on this because they got free keys ... but i ordered myself a CE (so did many other people for that fact) and one of those reasons was to be guaranteed open beta access. Which i and i'm pretty sure no other CE'ers have either, seeing as we payed a considerable amount of money more than others do we get our guaranteed access? Seeing as the special pre-order + free keys were non exsistent when we were all ordering our games.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
So someones edited it with: "ETA: Unavailable".

Poor really, if the story is as explained then someones looking at a mail queue, and will have an estimate of how long it will take to clear.

"At least x hours" then becomes a very straightforward ETA to provide.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Think he means the auth servers on the site.

Yep, "Registration and authentication servers have been taken offline for maintenance."

However, that does sort of beg a question - tens/hundreds of thousands of OB keys issued, only a small fraction of those activated or registered as far as we know, seems a bit early for the robust system to need downtime and maintenance.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
was gonna prune this thread but I thought I'd leave it as noone's really over the line, this is now a discussion thread- post your questions (and only questions) in the linked thread.

I'll copy over the existing questions from this thread.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
'Guaranteed', yes - 'guaranteed' from day one through the full Open Beta period, probably not. Doubt there's anything legally enforceable yet in the 'guarantee' as things stand, although it's bitterly disappointing currently (and some may think it was misleading), but so far that contract hasn't been broken.

I have to disagree.

They have capped the servers and there is only 8. So supposing we can finally get to register, who's to say every time I try and play I dont have a 3 hour wait to get into any servers? Thats not a guarentee I will get in now is it?

They brought this on themselves by handing out thousands and thousands of random keys to anyone who wanted one.

Thats all I say on this subject, as Flim said this is not a thread for us to discuss stuff like this in....... but I just had to respond.

Night FH.

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
Wasnt it supposed to go like this:

the first people to enter the open beta should be people who have pre ordered the CE, secondly the people from the closed beta, and if there was room left, other people would have the oportunity to join...

so all this stated by marc jacob was nonsense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom