Offensive Muslim cartoon!

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank, you are the most naive person I have seen posting on these forums, do you really think all this started by a danish newspaper publishing some damn drawings of Muhammed? And therefor insulting another culture? Get a grip dude, it was just the one thing the extremists needed to go into a frenzy, and thereby gaining a (in their oppinion) reason to call a jihad on the western world...

And tbh, don't you think it's worth it to fight for our freedom to speech? And by fighting, I don't mean burning flags, pictures and whatnot, but in a verbal way.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Chronictank said:
and purposfully insulting other religions and cultures
fuck respect towards others we want free speech!!

bah said wasnt gona post again :/

no one is trying to insult anyone on purpose.

if they get insulted because someone drew a comical picture, then they can carry on brutally assaulting women just because they want to for all i care.

oh wait, they already do that :m00:

tris-

so is it ok now for Danes to declare death and war on the muslims etc?

no it fucking isnt, just like they shouldnt of done.

but see, no one will make a fuss when the muslims make a riot. but you bet if the danes went and burnt down foreign embassies there would be a freaking out cry.

noblok

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
but see, no one will make a fuss when the muslims make a riot.
Oh, what's this thread all about then? :)

I'm not saying that it isn't ok to condemn the violent reactions. I don't agree with them either as I have said before in this thread.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Steffan- said:
Chronictank, you are the most naive person I have seen posting on these forums, do you really think all this started by a danish newspaper publishing some damn drawings of Muhammed? And therefor insulting another culture? Get a grip dude, it was just the one thing the extremists needed to go into a frenzy, and thereby gaining a (in their oppinion) reason to call a jihad on the western world...

And tbh, don't you think it's worth it to fight for our freedom to speech? And by fighting, I don't mean burning flags, pictures and whatnot, but in a verbal way.
yet you think this silly support denmark website will do anything productive?
and my point was, they knew it was going to piss people off, they knew it was >>highly<< offensive to the religion. Yet still published it.
And yes they DID publish the drawings with the intent to stir up a fuss, AGAINST the artists wishes, the link is in this thread somewhere.

If this is your view on things, every person in prison right now under the "inciting religious hatred" act should be released from prison. After all they are intitled to free speech too no?

If you actually read my posts you would see i dont condone any of the crap the minority of people whos sole purpose is to pick a fight are doing.

tris-

noblok said:
Oh, what's this thread all about then? :)

i dont mean average joes like us. i mean country wide. if denmark went to burn embassies down then every government in the world would be on their asses making them stop.

Chronictank said:
and my point was, they knew it was going to piss people off, they knew it was >>highly<< offensive to the religion. Yet still published it.

and if its so offensive then why, have muslims in the past, depicted mohammed aswell? doesnt that mean they are offending them selves?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
tris- said:
iand if its so offensive then why, have muslims in the past, depicted mohammed aswell? doesnt that mean they are offending them selves?
muslims dont show muhammad's face because it is idolising him, i said this before.
You posted some random pictures?
but fail to see the fact that being a arab doesnt equal you being a muslim.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
What Jyllands Posten did was offend the whole danish muslim community. Their were no reason for it to be published other than offend the holiest part for a religious muslim. The freedom of speech have NOT been threadened in Denmark, its a media stunt to gain support for the conservative powers in Denmark. Nothing else.
Like we view freedom of speech as the holiest of holiest, their profet is liekwise for them. In their eyes its not a person, hench the reason they arent allowed to portray him, he is a set of values, gods words on earth. We cannot and should not change their views. Atm we are forcing a set of values upon them by saying we wont recognize thier values.
And none-danish people dont really have any idea of what is actually going on in Denmark atm. It's not only the cartoons, its the whole debate climate. Known polititians which are in parlament are calling all muslims for cancercells.
I agree that the outburst in Asyria and Libanon was way over the top, but on the other hand WE in the west dont have a clue who is behind these acts and howmuch support they have in the general population.
Alot of people, on both sides react clueless and ignorant.
Thadius said:
Muslims overracting again

Shows what a stupid excuse of a relgion they have

It was meant as a joke for fucks sake,
dukat said:
Muslims - arabs in general - going over the top again.

They should learn to grow up and learn to express they're displeasure in a civilised manner, they are acting like fucking barbarians from the stone age.
Himse said:
Im not rasict or anything.

Totally off point: white people are rasict to black people. yet the rasicm of blacks against whites is never heard of.

Its all shit, and those muslims need to die in a fire or smit :x
This stuff sickens me. They express the ignorance of sociaty. No clue of whats going on.

noblok

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
and if its so offensive then why, have muslims in the past, depicted mohammed aswell? doesnt that mean they are offending them selves?
It says nowhere in the Quran that you're not allowed to prtray Muhammed. I think it's more the fact that he had a bomb on his head which may be the important aspect :). At least that's the one who seems to annoy most people.

Oh, and the fact that these protests are unlikely to be spontaneous and probably organised by the governments from certain countries to hide the other issues. In most of the countries where these protests are there is usually no possibility to protest, but now all of a sudden the are allowed to...

/edit: This was nothing more than a trigger. An excuse for the radical, fundamentalist organisations to a) gain more supporters, b) strengthen their social bonds by what Durkheim would call 'religious rituals'.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Ironfalcon said:
and if you're talking about wether the danes, swedes, norweigan people helped during ww2.. let me remind, that the danish ressistant groups, where a big aid, both to the British people, and helping jews go to sweden (who where neutral to germany) so they wouldnt go the nazi camps..
The danish ressistant grps started in 1943 when it was clear that the allied troops were going to win and their impact on the war was minimal. The danish goverment on the other hand arrested thousands of danes (mostly communists) and send them to die in Nazi concentration camps. Sweden also contributed with resources to the german war machine. So please get your facts straight.

tris-

Chronictank said:
muslims dont show muhammad's face because it is idolising him, i said this before.
You posted some random pictures?
but fail to see the fact that being a arab doesnt equal you being a muslim.

and as i said before, afaik someone who follows islam is not allowed to depict mohammed in any form at all. people have done this in the past. people of islamic faith.

it doesnt matter that his face is shown or not. i could draw you without a face, its still you.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, how can they wonder why that cartoon is made? All we ever see of Islam, is some guy decapitating another guy while yelling "Allah Acbah!" "Muhammad Acbah!"

If they renewed themselves a bit, and showed us some positive images, we wouldn't have to link Islam to terrorists.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
as i said earlier, it was published in protest against self-censorship to appease people, they requested the pictures to see if ANYONE was willing to draw these pictures, so they were printed to see what kind of outcry there would actually be, yet remember they were printed in SEPTEMBER and this fuss has only been kicked up because a bunch of clerics travelled from denmark to the middle east with the sole purpose of stirring the shit ;)

noblok

Part of the furniture
I think the problem is that it's not them showing the images, but the media and the fact that 'nice' news is no news. All I every see from Spain in the media is whenever ETA bombs another car, I don't assume all Spaniards are terrorists (bit of generalisation, but you get my point).

Another thing is that the intern plurality and the lack of organisation/institutionalisation of the Islam makes it hard for them to give clear messages 'as a group'. This isn't a problem in the catholic religion, which's got the Church/pope. That aside, in Belgium the 'Muslim federation' (which is mainly Turkish) has condemned the violent attitude.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Seriously, how can they wonder why that cartoon is made? All we ever see of Islam, is some guy decapitating another guy while yelling "Allah Acbah!" "Muhammad Acbah!"

If they renewed themselves a bit, and showed us some positive images, we wouldn't have to link Islam to terrorists.
You are generalizing. Dont you know any danish muslims or ever heard of Omar Marzouk?
All arabs ever see is Europeans/Americans killing innocents in Bagdad central. If you are so narrowminded you should try listen to Orientering on P1 here is a link. It might hurt but also gives a wider perspective:
http://www.dr.dk/P1/orientering/index.htm

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
You are generalizing. Dont you know any danish muslims or ever heard of Omar Marzouk?
All arabs ever see is Europeans/Americans killing innocents in Bagdad central. If you are so narrowminded you should try listen to Orientering on P1 here is a link. It might hurt but also gives a wider perspective:
http://www.dr.dk/P1/orientering/index.htm
Meant "we" as danes. Not personal. I know lots of muslims, most of them are great people.

And I am not going to listen to ANYTHING going on P1, no matter what :D
By the way, you know nothing of my narrowmindedness or lack of it.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Ormorof said:
as i said earlier, it was published in protest against self-censorship to appease people, they requested the pictures to see if ANYONE was willing to draw these pictures, so they were printed to see what kind of outcry there would actually be, yet remember they were printed in SEPTEMBER and this fuss has only been kicked up because a bunch of clerics travelled from denmark to the middle east with the sole purpose of stirring the shit ;)
On the other hand. Former minister of Foreign afairs Uffe Elleman Jensen, a group of retired ambassadors, a group of danish doctors, and several new papers including Le Mond and Aftonbladed have all criticized Jyllands Posten for their lack of respect towards 1 billion muslims and still they havent appoligized for publishing the cartoons. So it wasnt only "a bunch" of clerics who decided to travel to the middle east to stir shit up.
The whole thing exploded when they did though and I too think its over reacting when they burned down the embassies.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Meant "we" as danes. Not personal. I know lots of muslims, most of them are great people.

And I am not going to listen to ANYTHING going on P1, no matter what :D
By the way, you know nothing of my narrowmindedness or lack of it.
Tasslehoff said:

This is imo narrowminded, as i just turned it arround. What picture does muslims get of europeans? A white women in a camo suit with a leash around a naked muslim while she is treating him like a dog, or mutilated children burned to death by western modern weapons.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
On the other hand. Former minister of Foreign afairs Uffe Elleman Jensen, a group of retired ambassadors, a group of danish doctors, and several new papers including Le Mond and Aftonbladed have all criticized Jyllands Posten for their lack of respect towards 1 billion muslims and still they havent appoligized for publishing the cartoons. So it wasnt only "a bunch" of clerics who decided to travel to the middle east to stir shit up.
The whole thing exploded when they did though and I too think its over reacting when they burned down the embassies.
You keep ignoring the fact that JP did actually appologise...

But it's more fun to slack them that way isen't it?

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
This is imo narrowminded, as i just turned it arround. What picture does muslims get of europeans? A white women in a camo suit with a leash around a naked muslim while she is treating him like a dog, or mutilated children burned to death by western modern weapons.
I know, but we both get the wrong image of each other right? Yet we don't burn down there embassies. I don't say all muslims are bad. I'm not even saying Islam is bad, even though I think it's a primitive relgion.

Just saying the way they live down there isen's as cultivated as us, and that it's barbaric and primitive doing what they do, because of a bunch of cartoons.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
You keep ignoring the fact that JP did actually appologise...

But it's more fun to slack them that way isen't it?
They did not appologize for printing the pictures, but for offending muslim which werent their intentions.
So Flemming Rose (the culturel editor at JP) didnt predict that muslims would be offend by printing pictures of Muhammed with a bomb in his turban. Shows how much common sence that man has or howmuch bullshit he is full of.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
They did not appologize for printing the pictures, but for offending muslim which werent their intentions.
So Flemming Rose (the culturel editor at JP) didnt predict that muslims would be offend by printing pictures of Muhammed with a bomb in his turban. Shows how much common sence that man has or howmuch bullshit he is full of.
So he appologised for causing grief, you want more than that?
Why don't you send him a letter, containing the exact phrasing you want him to use then?
You can only appologise for any grief an action, done on purpose, has done. If you appologise for something you've done on purpose, you're just fake.

Appologising for the cartoons now would be bowing down to terror, which shouldn't ever be done. No matter what. At first it's freedom of speech, if terrorists think they can change our way of living, you don't think they'll go further than this?

I like the way you ignore half of my earlier post though, kind of shows why you don't care much about cencorship ;p

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
I know, but we both get the wrong image of each other right? Yet we don't burn down there embassies. I don't say all muslims are bad. I'm not even saying Islam is bad, even though I think it's a primitive relgion.

Just saying the way they live down there isen's as cultivated as us, and that it's barbaric and primitive doing what they do, because of a bunch of cartoons.
So you see yourself as supperior to them. Yet you are christian and by allying us with america we are also responsible for the violation of human rights that happens daily in Iraq.
And in what way are their religion primitive? What about our own religion? Try look up how we should treat homosexual people according to the bible and tell me again that is not primitive.
So they arent as cultivated as we are? Ive been to both Asyria and Palestine and everyone ive met is really friendly and welcoming. Its a small group of radical muslims who is stirring shit up as we like to call it.

tris-

Chap said:
or mutilated children burned to death by western modern weapons.

or muslims stoning their women to death, or throwing acid in their face, or chopping hands off people who steal or or or

we could go on and on about who does what.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
tris- said:
or muslims stoning their women to death, or throwing acid in their face, or chopping hands off people who steal or or or

we could go on and on about who does what.
And we could go on about who have the economical, cultural and political supperiority. I agree that many muslims live in the stone age, but like we care, we just try and educate them by sticking a gun to their face. That is how the democracy works! \o>

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
So he appologised for causing grief, you want more than that?
Why don't you send him a letter, containing the exact phrasing you want him to use then?
You can only appologise for any grief an action, done on purpose, has done. If you appologise for something you've done on purpose, you're just fake.

Appologising for the cartoons now would be bowing down to terror, which shouldn't ever be done. No matter what. At first it's freedom of speech, if terrorists think they can change our way of living, you don't think they'll go further than this?

I like the way you ignore half of my earlier post though, kind of shows why you don't care much about cencorship ;p
So we shouldnt let them tell us how to live etc. I totally agree, but on the other hand we are doing the exact thing in Iraq. We are forcing a political and economical structure down upon them.

They knew that they were gonna offend muslim by doing it, so why appologize for sumthing that were their intentions?
Tell me, what did I ignore?

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
So you see yourself as supperior to them. Yet you are christian and by allying us with america we are also responsible for the violation of human rights that happens daily in Iraq.
And in what way are their religion primitive? What about our own religion? Try look up how we should treat homosexual people according to the bible and tell me again that is not primitive.
So they arent as cultivated as we are? Ive been to both Asyria and Palestine and everyone ive met is really friendly and welcoming. Its a small group of radical muslims who is stirring shit up as we like to call it.
First off, I'm not christian either, I also believe that to be primitive. Now you don't really have an argument anymore.
Of course I feel superior to those people I see running around with froth around their mouths, burning embassies (the 20.000 people, not the few extremists) while yelling at their god. People in Asyira and Palestine may be nice, but 60 % of the Palestinians voted on a terrorist-faction...
I don't feel superior to muslims in general, don't understand their beliefs, but that's a whole different thing.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
So we shouldnt let them tell us how to live etc. I totally agree, but on the other hand we are doing the exact thing in Iraq. We are forcing a political and economical structure down upon them.

They knew that they were gonna offend muslim by doing it, so why appologize for sumthing that were their intentions?
Tell me, what did I ignore?
"I know, but we both get the wrong image of each other right? Yet we don't burn down there embassies. I don't say all muslims are bad. I'm not even saying Islam is bad, even though I think it's a primitive relgion."

This part.

And I don't agree on forcing a structure on them either. I agreed on ridding them of Saddam whoever, they were living like fucking shit down their.

tris-

Chap said:
And we could go on about who have the economical, cultural and political supperiority. I agree that many muslims live in the stone age, but like we care, we just try and educate them by sticking a gun to their face. That is how the democracy works! \o>

actually, its them who stick guns in our faces.

and car bombs.

and suicide bombers.

and and and

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom