Offensive Muslim cartoon!

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
mixal said:
and please respect for this rule..... thank you

Sorry but in Islam it's not allowed to draw him.. i'm not Muslim so if I wanted to draw him I could since I don't follow the religion.. would you kill me if i did?? ?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
mixal said:
and please respect for this rule..... thank you

your religions rule, not mine. BIGsoz, i would ofc respect it in an islamic country, i think if you go to another country you should respect that countries rules, no matter how stupid they are. this was done in christian countries, therefore nothing to do with what muslims think about it. sure they can cry a bit but threaten to kill everyone for laughing at them? sounds a bit childish to me.

mixal

Banned
Raven said:
your religions rule, not mine. BIGsoz, i would ofc respect it in an islamic country, i think if you go to another country you should respect that countries rules, no matter how stupid they are. this was done in christian countries, therefore nothing to do with what muslims think about it. sure they can cry a bit but threaten to kill everyone for laughing at them? sounds a bit childish to me.
Raven i am not cryin :) i am muslim yes but i said in very kind way but people still offensive.
I didnt burn everywhere , didnt attack christians ia m not fanatical or radical muslim.
I wrote the islamic rule about the Hz.Muhammed only and i ll be happy if you respect.
Respect or not ..... I never kill people , never !

People belive , respect ; if not its their option.

ps : I hate those people who burns buildings , burns flags - dummies , attack people to explain somethin , terrorism .... you know thats full of nonsense.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
mixal said:
Raven i am not cryin :) i am muslim yes but i said in very kind way but people still offensive.
I didnt burn everywhere , didnt attack christians ia m not fanatical or radical muslim.
I wrote the islamic rule about the Hz.Muhammed only and i ll be happy if you respect.
Respect or not ..... I never kill people , never !

People belive , respect ; if not its their option.

ps : I hate those people who burns buildings , burns flags - dummies , attack people to explain somethin , terrorism .... you know thats full of nonsense.

sorry if it sounded as though it was aimed at you (it wasnt) but the religion itself, i find it very dangerous that a religion dictates the rules of a country, religion and politics should be two very different things. a country should not try and dictate another countries rules because of religion, and to threaten another countries safety because they have freedom of speach is just plain daft. anyway, the world needs to chill the fuck out or its going to become an even worse place to live.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
sorry if it sounded as though it was aimed at you (it wasnt) but the religion itself, i find it very dangerous that a religion dictates the rules of a country, religion and politics should be two very different things. a country should not try and dictate another countries rules because of religion, and to threaten another countries safety because they have freedom of speach is just plain daft. anyway, the world needs to chill the fuck out or its going to become an even worse place to live.

agreed.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
~Latency~ said:
Sorry but in Islam it's not allowed to draw him.. i'm not Muslim so if I wanted to draw him I could since I don't follow the religion.. would you kill me if i did?? ?
What would the point be to draw him if not to offend muslims? Do you like drawing religious figures?
Couldnt you express you feelings in other ways than drawing muhammed. By writing a book for instance. Freedom of speech gives us liberty, but it also comes with responsability. No need to unnecessarily offend certian groups just to amuse the rest of the population. It reminds me of the drawings the proppaganda machine in Germany in the 1930s produced merrily to offend the jewish population and create hatred between the different cultures.
I think cartoons are great but ive also grown up in a society that has a tradition for parody. Muslims on the other hand have a religious prohibition and not the same traditions as we in the west. As I said earlier responsability is the key.
Raven said:
i find it very dangerous that a religion dictates the rules of a country, religion and politics should be two very different things. a country should not try and dictate another countries rules because of religion
The western laws are fundamentally based on christianity. Like our democratic views and human rights. Why should we dictate how other countries should rule their country? Like in Iraq for instance. We are exporting the same democratic system, that we've created on basis on christianity, to Iraq and expect them to follow it.
I do agree that religion in many ways are ridiculous, and im not religious my self. But on the other hand it ahs given us a moral codec to live by. And if muslims in their part of the world believe that chopping the hand of a thief then its their way of preventing further crime. Even though it may seem harsh or even barbaric it might be a better way than locking them up with other criminals for several years for them to have even a lesser chance of rehabilitation.
Im not saying any of them a right, but its a choice. Many in this thread and in general in the western population believe they have monopoly on the "perfect" society and everyone should follow their ideas.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Chap said:
WAnd if muslims in their part of the world believe that chopping the hand of a thief then its their way of preventing further crime. Even though it may seem harsh or even barbaric it might be a better way than locking them up with other criminals for several years for them to have even a lesser chance of rehabilitation.

that maybe perfectly acceptable, but i find it horrible, <insert stuff they do to women too> .

islam is a religion, you can bad mouth religion all you want because its a concious choise. someone has chosen to follow it, therfore i can mock them and ridicule them and tell them how its shit.
this is completley different to being a certain "race" (no other word for it really). you are not born by choice, but you chose religion.

if they say its ok to beat women up and chop peoples hands off, then i find it ok to draw pictures of mohammed. they dont care that i dont like their ways, so i dont care what the fuck they think when i do something.

:m00: < mohammed, age 6 months blowing milk bubbles.

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
Been thinking about not posting anything, but can't help myself because I would like some people to react on my 50 cents aswell, so here they come:

Don't you think it's a bit offensive to some of the people here on FH to keep your "mohammed age 3 avators" on even after they said they did not really like it and felt a bit uncomfortable? It is a gaming community, I bet there are better places on the web to tell the world that you think those pictures are ok.

If someone sais that 20.000 raging muslims are not a minority, then please explain to me what is. There are over 1.000.000.000 muslims so 20.00 is what.... 0.0002%, sounds like a very small minority to me.
BTW 1 of those few persons happened to be the Leader of Iran, I personally find him the most scary person in the East atm.... denying the german holocaust etc.... (sorry to go OT)

Don't you ALL think it's funny that EVERYONE is generalizing the opposit camp when trying to make a point (yes I tried to put all the sarcasm in this I have left in me :) )

There always have been and always will be only 2 reasons for war... 1. Religion 2. Dicksize of worldleaders (The bigger the Dick the less land they need). There will always be war, like someone said in a post somewhere: It's the fastest way to evolve. There will also always be discussion about all the wars and tbh I think this is the best thing there is and one of the best ways we can express our freedom of speech. If I could not choose between arguing about a possible nuclear threat from a country that is run by a guy that denies the genocide in WW2 or talking about a couple of cartoons that possibly offended 25% of the people on the world.... THAT would be the moment I would loose my freedom of speech...

Imo freedom of speech is not about POSTING these cartoons, but discussing if you can do it or not.

Like I said... only my 50 cents...

P.S. Just to make sure: If only 1 person (couldn't care less about race/religion/gender/age) would have gone out and burned a flag over a cartoon that was posted on the other side of the world I would think he was an idiot... exactly what I thought about the 20.000 doing it, still think it's a very small minority though.... Oh... and I am an atheist too and pray to God in heaven I always stay this way.

tris-

Grimnna said:
Don't you think it's a bit offensive to some of the people here on FH to keep your "mohammed age 3 avators" on even after they said they did not really like it and felt a bit uncomfortable? It is a gaming community, I bet there are better places on the web to tell the world that you think those pictures are ok.

why is it offensive, there is many people named mohammed. maybe i have a nephew with that name and he looked like that age 3?

ofc, i dont. because i am showing my support FOR the drawings and against our freedom of expression being opressed by people on the other side of the world.

we can go round and round in circles on them finding it offensive or not. like i stated, a lot of things in islam are offensive to me. but im not trying to stop people from practicing it am i?

ok then put it this way - if i should have to not have my avatar, then people should stop practicing islam. is that fair, no. because its taking things away from both of us. my freedom of expression and their freedom to practice any damn religion they want.

and the fact they CHOOSE to practice islam, means a lot.

like if i start following budhism then i would expect people to say things against it. i am choosing to do it after all.

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
there has never been a picture of mohammed been drawn by a muslim

Not all divisions of the religion ban the drawing of images, which is why there are many to be found in the streets of Iran.

The fear is the reproduction of the image will lead to idoltary, and mohammed is held above all others in the faith and above even family members. He's kind of like... well... and idol. They idolise him. Weird huh?

Chap

Loyal Freddie
tris- said:
why is it offensive, there is many people named mohammed. maybe i have a nephew with that name and he looked like that age 3?

ofc, i dont. because i am showing my support FOR the drawings and against our freedom of expression being opressed by people on the other side of the world.

we can go round and round in circles on them finding it offensive or not. like i stated, a lot of things in islam are offensive to me. but im not trying to stop people from practicing it am i?
is that fair, no. because its taking things away from both of us. my freedom of expression and their freedom to practice any damn religion they want.

and the fact they CHOOSE to practice islam, means a lot.

like if i start following budhism then i would expect people to say things against it. i am choosing to do it after all.

You seem to have no decincy. Dont understand why people have to offend others just for the fun of it. You apparently like to badmouth islam alot, why such hatred? This situation has nothing to do with freedom of speech and that avatar of yours just shows how immature you are.
You are for drawing muhammed with a bomb in his turban coz thats how you view muslims in general?
You are offending 1 billion muslims, and there is absolutely no reason to do so.

tris- said:
ok then put it this way - if i should have to not have my avatar, then people should stop practicing islam.
What are you on about? you seem to lack rationel logic thinking.
They arent free to practice any religion they want. You insult them for chosing to practice Islam. You lack empathy and historical perspective.

tris-

actually i dont lack empathy.

ANY PERSON is able to make a concious choice. unless their brains and DNA is malformed that is.
people make a CONCIOUS choice to follow islam. therefore if i have a negative view on it, i can say it.

people DO NOT choose to be white, black, asian etc. so i see it very bad to say negative things about that.

dont you understand what im saying? people make a choice, you can ridicule them for that choice. people chose to be christian, chose to be thin, chose to wear a shit hair style.

yes, i do give my views about them for CHOOSING to practice islam. do you see the key word, CHOOSING. choice, concious choice. they chose to do it etc.

if i shouldnt be allowed freedom of expression, then why should people be allowed to pratice any religion?
the situation has everything to do with freedom of expression. everything, thats what the whole fucking situation is about if you hadnt realised.

people everyday poke fun at christianity and their super dude jesus.
jesus christ, hes so cool, he walked across my swimming pool!
at the jahovas witnesses for their ability to knock on your door loud enough to hear it all through the house and the garden.
at catholics and their "goto church OR DIE IN A RAIN OF FIRE" attitude.

but no, we cant say what we think about islam? why the hell not?

You are for drawing muhammed with a bomb in his turban coz thats how you view muslims in general?
nice way to put words in my mouth :sigh:. i never said i see all muslims are terrorists. did anyone else see me type that? no, they didnt. only you, thats because you just made it up in your head.

because you couldnt already grasp what i was saying, i will make it even easier -

i support the journalists in their freedom of expression. do you understand it now?

you lack the ability to comprehend things. you lack the ability to not make things up in your head and say its true. you lack being able to see two sides of an argument.

mixal

Banned
Raven said:

Thats totally true ....
I live in Turkey and i am easy bout those cartoons :) and Turkish people are calm about the situation lol only Iran , Iraq and some other middle east countries are tensed about that drawings.
They need some education , knowledge and they have to be more objective before criticise somethin.

tris-

its nothing to do with racial hatred, wtf.

where did they get the idea that race = religion?

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
Chronictank said:
i have seen "christians" wipe out entire countries from the comfort of the whitehouse,
I have seen "christians" manage to kill thousands, and make areas of a country uninhabitable aswell as crippling the ofspring of the residents for years to come

which countries have been wiped out entirely then??

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
Chap said:
You been apart of an ocupation of a foreign country, how do you expect to be greeted?
They want you out of their country. so why dont you just leave?
Israel has worsened the conflict by establishing thousands of illegal settlements. So dont get started whos to blame. Cba to discuss with you as im 100% sure we are fundamentally too far from eachother if you freely chose to join the "rescuers" in Iraq.

you can be against the politics of the countries that invaded/liberated iraq/irak...
but you should never be against the guys on the ground...they are doing their job..and its not an easy one as i know...
a lot of the people i know that were/are in iraq didnt agree with the reasons we invaded/liberated but they still went.

i have served in northern ireland in what i suppose was/is an army of occupation trying to stop catholics and protestants causing attrocites against each other...and i reckon they were using religion as an excuse. sounds familliar..

(excuse my typing i have a crap keyboard on this pc)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
"War, it's never been so much fun
War, it's never been so much fun
Go to your brother
Kill him with your gun
Leave him lying in his uniform
Dying in the sun!
War, it's never been so much fun
War, it's never been so much fun"

popa

Fledgling Freddie
if u remember the reaction are after looooooooooooong time made last year and protest now kind "wee need a excuse to make a war and to incase oil price"

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
Zzz the discussion!

just repeat after me;

Fuck ze Christians
Fuck ze Muslims
Fuck ze Jews

Fuck ALL MOTHER FUCKING Relgiouse people! FUCK YEAH!

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
religion have brought NOTHING but pain and missery to Earths inhabitants, if I had the choise to kill God, Alaha and Jave(sp?) I'd wouldn't doubt a second. Boom - and we got uselves a dead god :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom