Offensive Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
dysfunction said:
Does this mean the "Babe of the Day" thread is going to be put in bubble wrap and archived?

mmm babes in bubble wrap.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Trem said:
Fair enough Deebs, but it is only really 1 person that has an issue with this. Just do a vote or something. This forum has been fine since day one untill someone decides to bitch a little about a cartoon set of tits for gods sake

All joking aside for now on my part. A lot of people do browse the forums from work, yes you can say that's bad, but my working practices are between me and my boss. Personally were very relaxed here as long as we get work done, but potentially offensive images are banned.

Some of the avatars would have been enough to get me a verbal warning at work. In essence peoples freedom to do what they wanted could stop a large percentage of people who contribute to the forums to stop reading them.

I don't know about other people but I only read FH at work, when I leave work i have much better things to do with my time ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Then turn avatars off when browsing at work.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Deebs said:
Why should people have to turn off avatars to enjoy browsing these forums? Why does the minority always have to suffer?
Its not the end of the world you know. Just a little toning down of avatars.

Trem said:
Then turn avatars off when browsing at work.

I'll suffer, my job is worth far too much than risking simple ideas getting through impenetrable skulls, Sigs, Avatars and Images are all off now, I hope some people are fucking happy.

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
I have to admit, I do most of my browsing from work, but I have no problem with the content of the forums. Most of it is marked as not safe for work, and as for the avatars, well, I can always turn them off, if they cause a problem.

I do, however, understand deebs and teds point of view, and will happily follow whatever they decide to do.

KF

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
xane said:
I'll suffer, my job is worth far too much than risking simple ideas getting through impenetrable skulls, Sigs, Avatars and Images are all off now, I hope some people are fucking happy.

Huh? Aimed at me?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I find the self obsessed, over the top, soapbox loving bullshit of these forums offensive. I don't browse from work but i still can't be arsed ignoring them. They go on and on about a topic, googling to high hell and making complete bullshit up, and i find it highly offensive.

I demand that all posts and topics are banned, ever. To save me and only me being offended.

Yours,

DMW

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Good move Ted and Deebs!

Ignore the idiots that don't understand exposing tits and the likes is not suitable in all places everywhere.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
xane said:

What is your job Xane?

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Ignore the idiots that don't understand exposing tits and the likes is not suitable in all places everywhere.

As someone who is not totally agreeing with the new rule I just wanted to say, if you are at work shouldn't you be working instead of browsing on a forum?

Will

/bin/su
mr.Blacky said:
As someone who is not totally agreeing with the new rule I just wanted to say, if you are at work shouldn't you be working instead of browsing on a forum?
I know my work doesn't mind me browsing the interweb, as long as I only do it when I'm not supposed to be working. And my job doesn't really involve a lot of working. If it did, I'd have left already.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Throwing this question out and expecting a sensible reply is somewhat of a serious notion here...

FH provide a varied array of tools for free wrapped around the use of a great forum, agree? We also have had the privilege of a generously sized Avatar as well, animated or otherwise until now.

I think it would be a cool idea if those that are actually registered (+sub) with FH should be able to have a normal sized avatar animated if they want, simply because they use the extra b/w for a sub. Registered members should be able to have a normal avatar to but no animations. All FH Mods and Staff should have a FH logo IMO.

This isn't an attempt to structure anything, its all about presenting yourself as an organised team, you agree? Or not? Debate is cool...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
mr.Blacky said:

Well done for not reading the thread and repeating what 2/3 people have already mentioned.

Will

/bin/su
]AC[dRuM said:
This isn't an attempt to structure anything, its all about presenting yourself as an organised team, you agree? Or not? Debate is cool...
Heh, Ted and Deebs organised. I'll tell the jokes.

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
I think the point is that Ted and Deebs have decided that nudity etc should not be banned from the forums, but that every thread which contains this should be easily identifiable before clicking on the title. And that means that avatars have to be "safe" for any type of thread, serious or otherwise.
Does that really cause a problem?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
dr_jo said:
I think the point is that Ted and Deebs have decided that nudity etc should not be banned from the forums, but that every thread which contains this should be easily identifiable before clicking on the title. And that means that avatars have to be "safe" for any type of thread, serious or otherwise.
Does that really cause a problem?

Exactly.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Well done for not reading the thread and repeating what 2/3 people have already mentioned.
Well done for not reading any thread that has more then 4 pages and understanding the fact that most of those threads are repeated opinions by several people.
The fact is that in this thread 4 people are saying that breast avatars are not good when they are working, I wonder why you posted this? Because you disagree? Nice counter argument.
Just for you Swift^ I will say again though in diverant wording.
If you brows at work and have strict rules at what you can watch, turn the avatars off. Just caus you are restricted in what you can watch doesn't imo give you the right to restrict the weird urge of somepeople to have breast avatars.
Also I would like to know why nobody complained in a thread (or asked the specific person) about a breast avatar, because lets be honest the thread starter seemed to have no problem with them before his avatar had to be changed.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
mr.Blacky said:
Well done for not reading any thread that has more then 4 pages and understanding the fact that most of those threads are repeated opinions by several people.
The fact is that in this thread 4 people are saying that breast avatars are not good when they are working, I wonder why you posted this? Because you disagree? Nice counter argument.
Just for you Swift^ I will say again though in diverant wording.
If you brows at work and have strict rules at what you can watch, turn the avatars off. Just caus you are restricted in what you can watch doesn't imo give you the right to restrict the weird urge of somepeople to have breast avatars.
Also I would like to know why nobody complained in a thread (or asked the specific person) about a breast avatar, because lets be honest the thread starter seemed to have no problem with them before his avatar had to be changed.

Crikey. Okay, lets try and decipher this one for the class. It seems in your first line you are trying to say in any thread, the same point will come up, but from different places. That's fair enough. Why you asked me the exact question at least 2 other people asked me and got answers for is still beyond me. Did you still not know my answer?

"The fact is that in this thread 4 people are saying that breast avatars are not good when they are working, I wonder why you posted this? Because you disagree? Nice counter argument."

Eh? Counter argument to what? If you read my posts, I'm arguing WITH the people who are against naughty avatars, not against them.

"Just for you Swift^ I will say again though in diverant wording."

Diverant certainly is... diverant?

The last section I will simply dismiss by telling you to read dr_jo's last post. It's not about the material, it's about the material being in places people know they will be in. For example, if I went into a thread about "which kitten should I get for a pet?", I do not expect to see JIGGLING TITS EVERYWHERE ON MY SCREEN.

In future, please read what you type through before clicking post. It really helps.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well all i can say is im very surprised at the amount of tardage taking place in this thread.

up until this thread was created peoples avatars never appeared to be a problem (obviously stuff could have been said via pm).

Deebs and Ted are the guys who make the rules round here,whether its right or wrong is imaterial (whilst Freddyshouse isnt BW or GAME it should still present itself in a profesional manner).

Now i dont have access to the internet at work and as such i cant really comment on how a company decideds its policy to surfing the net during work hours.

I do however visit these forums as a gamer to occasionally get some snippet of intresting information or make some inane comment (usually the latter) but recently i seem to be witness to an increasing amount of "Holier than thou" type posts,which in my opinion is more offensive than a pair of bouncing boobs be they real or animated.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
/popcorn

My, this is a great read :D

I especially love the people who've posted discecting one anothers posts being incredibly anal. Makes me feel good about myself.

It's totally out of proportion, my booby avatar is gone, end of?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
your guns are offending me, what are you trying to say? that shooting people is fun?

:eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There's always been people here that post with a 'holier than thou' attitude. It will happen for ever, it will happen on any boards anywhere. This much has not changed.

There never appeared to be a problem with avatars before cos before people were treating them with maturity and intelligence. As soon as it got to animated tits etc. things started appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom