Offensive Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
even at risk of a scorching flame i will still say this anyway

i am suprised people even get offended at anything anymore.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I read these forums at work with images and avatars turned off. It just seems wrong to have rude and naughty stuffon show at work. Oh and if skiving off is lunch-break then... :rolleyes:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok,

I said I would speak to Ted and I have.

We had a discussion about avatars, using the forums at work, kids etc.

It has been decided that nudity in avatars will not be welcomed here at FH and as such the CoC will be amended by Ted when he gets back from the pub.

We understand that it may upset some people but THE ONLY reason we are doing this is for those of you at work and not because tits etc can offend.

We also have to think of newer member and indeed younger members. Remember, this is only avatars.

Whine away.....

ps. Those of you with rude avatars should go seek out a new one.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
..and make sure your new one doesn't flash to fuck either :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'd like to know if mine is too rude, being that it's both semi-dodgy and animated. On some deep level I'm trying to uphold the CoC, but not just any CoC. I'm not as easy as I used to be you know :eek:

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
As someone suggested earlier; the best solution would be to enable users (and mods) to flag certain avatars as adult, and have an option to not view such avatars.

I can understand how some people are worried from a work point of view.... but that just shows how sad and PC society has become. As for the people who said children might be in here.... FFS!!!!! If you're going to allow your children to come in here and read the post, then the last thing you need to worry about is animated breasts...

On a related note:

Q. How do you make two handfuls of fat look attractive?
A. Stick nipples on them!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TdC said:
I'd like to know if mine is too rude, being that it's both semi-dodgy and animated. On some deep level I'm trying to uphold the CoC, but not just any CoC. I'm not as easy as I used to be you know :eek:

That would be deemed to break the rules of the CoC.

If I had that open at work and my boss walked by he wouldn't be too impressed to see that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mofo8 said:
As someone suggested earlier; the best solution would be to enable users (and mods) to flag certain avatars as adult, and have an option to not view such avatars.

I can understand how some people are worried from a work point of view.... but that just shows how sad and PC society has become. As for the people who said children might be in here.... FFS!!!!! If you're going to allow your children to come in here and read the post, then the last thing you need to worry about is animated breasts...

On a related note:

Q. How do you make two handfuls of fat look attractive?
A. Stick nipples on them!

No you misunderstand. Most threads which are bad to kids have a suitable title associated with them.

It is not just that, what about the odd times when a decent conversation is happening and people that post have a rude avatar? It is not about being PC, I am one of the worst people for being PC (just ask anyone on here) but I understand the need to make this place better for a MUCH wider range of people to enjoy.

As for flagging, know anyone who will gladly donate some of their advanced PHP coding skills to write a hack for me for free?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Padwah said:
So do I have to change mine now then?

Yes. Did you not understand my post or the amended CoC?

Padwah

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I did. But seeing as it contained covered breasts and zero nudity I thought I'd check. Does my question now make sense?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I guess you'll have to get rid of this :sex: and this :kissit: and this :wij: as well then.

'kin whine tbh.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Also you will need to ban swear words if its to protect what the kids may read.

BW again tbh. Just because 1 person moaned :(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
You shouldn't be on FH during working hours, which excludes lunchbreakes etc (pedants ahoy!). It should be your own fault if you get caught looking at this site, also knowing full-well there may be some dodgy stuff here (including those ever-so naughty swear words!).

Btw, in regards to children, honestly, how many users are under 13 (minimum age for sigining up isn't it?)? And those between 13 and 16 will surely know what a boob looks like. I mean, FGS, when i was that age, some of the stuff we kids used to come out with, even adults hadn't heard before. :/

This isn't a whine btw, though Yuck has a point with regards to those smilies, it has to be said. Oh, and you may wan't to delete every thread ever while you're at it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm totally flattered that I caused a thread so long yet so hostlile (initially) over a booby avatar.

From the worlds most down to earth, straight up bloke; why didn't the moany kid who started this all private message me (or deebs, or TTD) and say "please can you change your avatar, it offends me".

Is that too much like common sense....

G

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
2001-09-17-taliban.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Big G said:
Is that too much like common sense....

G
Common sense is dead, it was killed by the mob mentality years ago where if something gets said over and over again it must be more correct than any sensible alternative. It's one of those because the minority whinge the majority get to eat crud deals.

So on that note, I assume the shagging smileys are now going to be removed "for the kids" ?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Does this mean the "Babe of the Day" thread is going to be put in bubble wrap and archived?

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Ala said:
The jiggling, popping out of clothes, being rubbed in circles, static..etc breast avatars. I'm fucking sick of seeing these offensive images. Why is it ok to show that and not penis's, testicles, vaginas or animated intercourse? If a woman goes topless down the street she is gonna get arrested or hassled or similar bad repercussion. Women have two body areas that are virtually the same in terms of nakedness. Men have one.

I was asked to change one of my avatars, it was from a movie and showed an actress with an axe in her head. Those special effects were deemed offensive and I changed it.

Ted and Deebs, maybe it's time to move forward in terms of presenting a responsible image on Freddys' House? You don't accept racism or discrimination in other ways and yet this sexist objectification is prolific on FH. Women browse these forums too. If it's not a problem to anyone else then I don't see why I can't have a pair of bobbing testicles for my avatar and I'd find some just to make my point.

as u said, u was asked to change one of you avatars, so why didnt you do the smart thing and just fkin ask the people to change them politly instead of causing a huge problem about it, jeez

and to the person who said the dont fuck with me etc avatars are worse, this is worse then them i think clicky

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Does my avatar look fat in^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Z^Z^Z ...

Does my avatar offend anyone in any way?

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Mazling said:
Does my avatar look fat in^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Z^Z^Z ...

Does my avatar offend anyone in any way?

It looks like a c0xx0r with suckers...
Ahh, the power of imagination.

*fluffles Gunny avatar*

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Look,

it is only avatars we want toned down. Myself and Ted ummed and arred over this. Christ, most people know what I am like when it comes to stuff like this anyway and would know that I would not want to do it lightly.

Why should people have to turn off avatars to enjoy browsing these forums? Why does the minority always have to suffer? I could always go find a hack which allows us to moderate all avatars before you can actually use them, is that better?

Pictures in threads are fine as long as they are marked NSFW (Ted's new acronym of the day). The Babe of the day thread is safe. Swear words are safe.

Its not the end of the world you know. Just a little toning down of avatars.

Trem

Fair enough Deebs, but it is only really 1 person that has an issue with this. Just do a vote or something. This forum has been fine since day one untill someone decides to bitch a little about a cartoon set of tits for gods sake

Trem

Just noticed Ala is an Aussie, jesus they call us whingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom