Objective vs Stopwatch...

K

*Kornholio*

Just a thought, I see you've made the league objective... but, if both teams complete the objective, is the time they do it in taken into consideration, or is it a draw ?? Stopwatch would have been better IMO simply due to the scenario of : We play clan X - they complete the objective in 2 minutes, we complete it in 9:55 (or whatever, 5 seconds to spare or something) they'll whinge like little girls...

B

bigbb

There have been very long and thorough debates on the mode and match structure. Objective is by far the most popular mode, it would be silly for us to ignore that.

The point on time is true, a clan could complete a game very quickly but, that's why we've set up 4 games per match. It's unlikely that every game will be completed in 2minutes. There's that possibility but, if clans are that unevenly matched they will naturally move up or down the league standings and face more even and challenging opponents, which may well take 50 minutes to fight out. So it does all balance out.

If the current structure shows to be failing the league in the skirmish/mini-tournament it can be altered for the league season. That's why we've put into place this little tourney, we're be able to root out problems, identify weeknesses and amend any rules before the first season starts.

So don't worry, if it doesn't work out, it'll change. :)

C

.cage

Originally posted by Kornholio[UC_UK]
Just a thought, I see you've made the league objective... but, if both teams complete the objective, is the time they do it in taken into consideration, or is it a draw ?? Stopwatch would have been better IMO simply due to the scenario of : We play clan X - they complete the objective in 2 minutes, we complete it in 9:55 (or whatever, 5 seconds to spare or something) they'll whinge like little girls...

Eheheh, most of the guys I talk to think stopwatch is shit, im undecided myself really :)

K

*Kornholio*

Re: Re: Objective vs Stopwatch...

Originally posted by CageCunt
Eheheh, most of the guys I talk to think stopwatch is shit, im undecided myself really :)

That's probably because they sux0rs & take their time to get the objective...

On a serious note though, say for example the game is 8 mintues max - Clan A complete the objective in 3 minutes, Clan B complete the objective in 7:55 - does that make them even ?? I think not... Stopwatch really does make for more exciting / entertaining games because they add an extra bit of pressure...

C

.cage

Yeah they do sux0r, especially that fucking filthy lamer pestilenz, funny we beat UC_UK 8-0 twice, though :)

O

old.Skull

You can argue that the order of the teams in stopwatch makes things uneven

If we're finding that uneven teams are getting draws because both teams have too long to do the objectives, then lower the time limit

stopwatch just isn't as fun to play, imo

D

dusustin

CAL is now changing from doing MP to SW, they realized that MP just made most games a tie. Say on mp_sub, every match will be tied on that one, and that goes for most maps as well.

I would hope that Barrys choose to change it after the pre-season, and I think they will. Say, 15 minutes on Base, most teams will be able to take that. And if you are to form 4 different leagues, based on skill, the highest ranked league will be filled with tied games.

dusustin [EBG]

O

old.nick481

A halfway house between just objective and just stopwatch might be to operate in objective mode but the team to complete the objective the quickest gets an extra point.

So possible wins would be 2-0 if you completed the objective and the other team didn't, or 2-1 if both teams completed the objective and one team did it quicker.

Just some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread