Nuking through walls

epoxy

Fledgling Freddie
well the cone nuking did not work. atleast not close to what i did

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
So where is the limit for whats abuse and what is not? You aint allowed to cast gtae through walls, but you are allowed to cast it through roofs? Or out of LoS? If its an open door and you place groundtarget inside, you have to stand where you can see it to use it, otherwise you would be casting it through a wall. I think, as usual, GOA responded without thinking.

GTAoe can be cast anywhere, at anytime that you can get the GT placed. that's why it's got such shitty damage and a 6 second recast time, to avoid abuse. it's not casting through the wall. it's casting to a gt. the game logic is different. In old frontiers it was used to disrupt the healers in the courtyard , / lords room , in new frontiers nothing has changed as far as I know. It's designed to be used out of line of sight, that's why wizzys get three versions of aoe.

Target AOE , Fire spec , target must be visible. does damage when the spell lands in an area. Normal recast time, reduced damage.

Point Blank AOE, Ice Spec, Does damage in an area centered on the caster, should not go through non destroyed walls. Normal Recast time, High Damage

Ground Target Aoe , Earth spec, Does little damage , long recast , no target required.

I agree, think goa mixed up TAOE and GTAOE . GOA can we have some confirmation please. ?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Confused now on gtaoe specifically. Surely its part of the point of it that you can cast it through structures? I have often used it in the past on keep defenses for low grade interupts. Do I have to stop that now Req?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Deerstalker said:
GTAoe can be cast anywhere, at anytime that you can get the GT placed. that's why it's got such shitty damage and a 6 second recast time, to avoid abuse. it's not casting through the wall. it's casting to a gt. the game logic is different. In old frontiers it was used to disrupt the healers in the courtyard , / lords room , in new frontiers nothing has changed as far as I know. It's designed to be used out of line of sight, that's why wizzys get three versions of aoe.

Target AOE , Fire spec , target must be visible. does damage when the spell lands in an area. Normal recast time, reduced damage.

Point Blank AOE, Ice Spec, Does damage in an area centered on the caster, should not go through non destroyed walls. Normal Recast time, High Damage

Ground Target Aoe , Earth spec, Does little damage , long recast , no target required.

I agree, think goa mixed up TAOE and GTAOE . GOA can we have some confirmation please. ?

I know that GTAE is, thats why I am questioning its usefulness if you are not allowed to cast it through objects (as I assume walls includes roofs/floors etc too). That removes the whole point of the spell.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
GTAoE does not of course require LoS. As pointed out, the whole point of spells like this is that they can be cast to an area that the caster cannot see. However (and it's a big however), while the caster doesn't need LoS to the GT to cast, the damage should still be blocked by intact walls and doors. In addition anyone under a roof should not be affected by GTAoE. In other words, if I am one side of a wall and your GT is the other side of the wall then I should not get hit by your GTAoE. You can be where you like with respect to your GT and still cast however we reserve the right to stop people who are clearly abusing (/groundset 0, nuke, nuke, nuke etc...) in the same was as other AoE abilities.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
GTAoE does not of course require LoS. As pointed out, the whole point of spells like this is that they can be cast to an area that the caster cannot see. However (and it's a big however), while the caster doesn't need LoS to the GT to cast, the damage should still be blocked by intact walls and doors. In addition anyone under a roof should not be affected by GTAoE. In other words, if I am one side of a wall and your GT is the other side of the wall then I should not get hit by your GTAoE. You can be where you like with respect to your GT and still cast however we reserve the right to stop people who are clearly abusing (/groundset 0, nuke, nuke, nuke etc...) in the same was as other AoE abilities.

But moving the GT to the other side of the wall & hitting them is ok? (Just asking for clarification & not a whine).

At least that's how I read it.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Genedril said:
But moving the GT to the other side of the wall & hitting them is ok? (Just asking for clarification & not a whine).

At least that's how I read it.

Yup

He just said that if the GT was set close to a wall and someone hiding behind that wall got hit, then it's bugabuse but only then. So technically it's just the same as AoE or CAoE, if they go throough wall and if your GTAoE goes through a wall it's considered as bugabuse. A wall should stop the spells going through, if it doesn't and someone nukes through it then that person is bugabusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom