Nuking through walls

C

chikara

Sollac said:
Next ScreemKeen ( the incredible Invisible Bainshee )

I resent that implication and challenge you or anyone else to find a video or screenshot where I am using a CAE spell where I do not have:
a) a legitimate target (or targets)
b) am out in the open where I am trying to uncover a stealther

As a mostly solo player I do of course stay around more defendable structures such as towers or bridges as it would be somewhat idiotic for a visible character, with no viable sources of cc, to run around out in the open. It is unfortunate that these are the worst affected areas of poor coding but I find this 'so-called-proof' pathetic and an unjustified attempt to tarnish my reputation.

If you find the problem really is due to hibs, perhaps as a realm, you should really evaluate this iRvR being in the realm of Hibernia, as it is inevitable that the first landmark that a hib will reach in the frontier is in fact a bridge.

It is regretable that it was brought to these forums in the first place, in that it can achieve absolutely nothing. It is even more regretable that I wasted my time replying. However if this is indeed the route that you folks wish to go down, the phrase pot-kettle-black comes to mind...

sshot020yz0.jpg

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I find it very strange that only hibs whine about me pbaoeing through walls.

I find it even stranger that it`s especially bainshees and to lesser degree some chanters and eldritches who find it worthy of mentioning.

So far (i am not familiar with all alts from every poster on FH, lol) no reall complaints from mids yet.

yes getting hit through the wall sucks. for everyone.

yes it got worse with this patch. for everyone.

I found out that people generally have no clue of what hit them really.

the amount of time i hear `omg at that bianshee abusing` while the said bianshee was doing nothing illegal.

the amount of times people (A) get hit with ae damage in general and scream `nerf` when it was someone standing close to them (B) who was the perfectly legal target and (A) just suffered from ae-fallof damage.

too many people think if they get hit with something and can`t do /lastattacker that something dodgy has happened.

Yesterday i noticed that a crystal titan can hit through the same walls that ae damage goes through...

is that abuse if your titan hits someone through a wall ?

right now, the situation is soo buggy...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
why not.. just avoid bridges and shit and do something else and avoid these situations? You nutheads put yourselves into that situation totally and you know what will happen aswell and then go whine about it like lil babys.

GOA should force a solution from Mythic but until then, everybody who can abuse this crap will abuse it. Glad I play tank and dont go near bridges unless I have to :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
chikara said:
I resent that implication and challenge you or anyone else to find a video or screenshot where I am using a CAE spell where I do not have:
a) a legitimate target (or targets)
b) am out in the open where I am trying to uncover a stealther

As a mostly solo player I do of course stay around more defendable structures such as towers or bridges as it would be somewhat idiotic for a visible character, with no viable sources of cc, to run around out in the open. It is unfortunate that these are the worst affected areas of poor coding but I find this 'so-called-proof' pathetic and an unjustified attempt to tarnish my reputation.

If you find the problem really is due to hibs, perhaps as a realm, you should really evaluate this iRvR being in the realm of Hibernia, as it is inevitable that the first landmark that a hib will reach in the frontier is in fact a bridge.

It is regretable that it was brought to these forums in the first place, in that it can achieve absolutely nothing. It is even more regretable that I wasted my time replying. However if this is indeed the route that you folks wish to go down, the phrase pot-kettle-black comes to mind...

sshot020yz0.jpg

you can not prove beyond reasonable doubt that i was not hitting someone inside the structure perfectly legally as far as i can tell. unlike with caoe wallbangers who face straith in the wall and can only hit stuff on the other side of the wall while facing like that.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
you can not prove beyond reasonable doubt that i was not hitting someone inside the structure perfectly legally as far as i can tell. unlike with caoe wallbangers who face straith in the wall and can only hit stuff on the other side of the wall while facing like that.

thats just semantics.. a SS of a bain can be taken right after some fella he nuked ran off in cover and cant be seen in the SS.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
noaim said:
When necros could nuke through walls without being touched the typical alb-response was "you would do it too if you could". Grats, you were right! Now stop crying.

those hundreds of fotm rvr necros must have been such a huge problem!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
charmangle said:
Hrm...one might think that after half an hour or so you might have understood, that running around in crim bowl looking for a solo fight while Irvr is up there, is...well in lack of a better word...stupid.

Crim - DC Irvr means that if you are looking for a fg or solo fight you go: beno/bled anywhere but the area between crim - dc.

/charmangle

Actually it was very good for a few days, quite a few around the Crim T2 to T3 route, mids and hibs.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
chikara said:

tbh honest i right now'd it about a week ago so, i didnt bring it here first..was just using u as an example...for the thread.....nothing personal...perhaps be a little more careful with walls about eh :p

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

or the fact it it might have golinde casting it...from the ss

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

1) u are no saint and u are one of the only ice wizzies around there so normal ur name comes up
2) everyone can cry and complain ,... the real fault is @ mythic/goa, clean up ur game instead of making a new expansion, maybe more would have stayed and bought ur sh!t

dumm thread anyhow, just boosts post counts, nothing else that changes really
all of u will still be frustrated gimps behind a computer
so GOGOGO reach for more flamebait and make a fool out of urselves !!!111

ps. bleh @ crafting from 900--> 1000 :/

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/Sollac/sshot078.jpg

i can say beyond reasonable doubt that this bianshee had no valid target possibly.

Don't hate the player hate the game

Fix the bugs, fix the problem = better game for all,

there is no way you can say I didnt have a valid target, I think you will find bainshees have a 180% frontal arc with 750 + 10% range. I could have quite easily had a pet or an enemy targetted to the left of me:)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:

Neither can you prove there whas something there. 4 spells you got off (on that ss anyway), prolly 4pboa's, rr11 icewizz, doubt anything survives standing in there. Also you where pretty close the the wall where Screamkeen whas standing (pboa effect comes through the wall pretty well)? I've bin in a lot of situations where you just pboa'd through the wall or through the roof, with nothing below/otherside. Don't mind it that much, although i resend the fact that you moan so much about it when this concerns bainshee's. If you don't like it, don't do it yourself, otherwise just stfu and move from the wall the bainshee is caoe'ing through.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Why you jumping on my case anyway mr stand around and do nothing for 10 min while the grp die eld :<

Do nothing? I hade to kite from every tank, cause mr bainshee whas QQ'ing when bg moved off him :D

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
those hundreds of fotm rvr necros must have been such a huge problem!

Necros were just as popular as bainshees, albs were just alot faster with abusing it than hibs have been.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Tuthmes said:
Do nothing? I hade to kite from every tank, cause mr bainshee whas QQ'ing when bg moved off him :D

We had a bg'er? no way !!!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Enli said:
1) u are no saint and u are one of the only ice wizzies around there so normal ur name comes up

i guess as alb it is someote easier to come up with names of bianshees and mana chanters/eldretches who do suspect stuff, purely by logic of numbers.

it is probably easier to list the bianshees that i`ve never seen headbanging with deadly results for people on the other side of the wall than to list the ones that i`ve never seen do it.

i find it strange that it`s especially the bianshees who make such a deal of this dodge `through the wall` type of damage.

For some reason, especially they seem to suffer more than anyone else from this, poor creatures.

sooooo funny.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
Neither can you prove there whas something there.

that bianshee is facing near straith into the wall, to his left he has maybe a 20% arc of view in his front that is not wall, that could thus contain a possible legal target. it`s the nature of the 180% arc. that area seems well cover by the picture (at least the part where the bianshee could have LoS on a target) and i don`t see anything resembling a legal target.

Tuthmes said:
4 spells you got off (on that ss anyway), prolly 4pboa's, rr11 icewizz, doubt anything survives standing in there.

i saw no deathspam of hibs... for all you can tell, maybe a fg mids just died in there and you wouldn`t know... i could have been perma interupted trying to clear a pet of me ... i could have been just spamming pbaoe because there was going to run someone through the door or down from the ladder...

Tuthmes said:
Also you where pretty close the the wall where Screamkeen whas standing (pboa effect comes through the wall pretty well)

could it be that skreamkeen had died of some colateral damage caused by me ? oh the drama.

Tuthmes said:
Don't mind it that much, although i resend the fact that you moan so much about it when this concerns bainshee's. If you don't like it, don't do it yourself, otherwise just stfu and move from the wall the bainshee is caoe'ing through.

me, moaning ?

i`m laughing.

Muppet

Fledgling Freddie
Funny how the the topic started from normal nukes going through walls to another pointless/endless "discussion" about whether or not bainshees are bug abusing - the answer - yes its bug abuse and from what I heard several bainshees have been banned for it.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
My honest understanding was that it was "working as intended" and that it was not illegal to do it as it wasnt fixed etc.

I got a 3 day suspension (rightly so) for "texture abuse" however if I had of known that it was illegal or against rules then obviously I wouldnt do it. But I was under the impression it was "allowed" by mythic / goa. I was not warned by goa that it was breaking rules and thus I saw nothing wrong with it. The funny thing was that they suspended while im in a fg rvr spec. i.e. 30 SG = very bad ae dmg, and I have been this spec for several months. I could understand it when I was 50SG .. :)

You won't catch me doing it again as I know its "illegal", however yes I did it and can understand why people do it, its lame but fun. much like bridge camping is lame, but fun (to an extent).

However the real issue here, is not the people abusing bugs but the fact the bugs exist and are not getting fixed. Its not just the people getting the deathblows abusing bridges but also the people casting mez which goes thorugh walls it shouldnt, ae effects bla bla. the entire bridges are entirely bugged, if they cant fix them then they should be taken out the game.

Say what you want about me, I dont care, its a game, get over it. I play the game with friends and have fun, even some of the enemy are my friends! :drink:

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Muppet said:
Funny how the the topic started from normal nukes going through walls to another pointless/endless "discussion" about whether or not bainshees are bug abusing - the answer - yes its bug abuse and from what I heard several bainshees have been banned for it.
Totally agree. However it's kind of amusing to read about whines. :)
Anyways... let's start some new "unknown" whine to spice things up a little!

I love when a fg mid/hibs are camping top of a bridgetower. I userly run there with my necro, drop Convoker ML7 (bomb) that triggers through the floors and do lots of dmg to most ppl on the roof. Then i put pet on stay at bottom floor, move shade up to top and start poping Battlewards all over the place. They do sweed dmg aswell. Since there is a 3 min recast on battleward, i have to do something inbetween! So then i move to second floor, change pet to follow and starting spamming my PBAE Dot, which also go through walls/floors. It's extra annoying since it's interupt the targets each tick so even when i'm not dot'ing, they wont get a spell of. Then i repeat cML7, BW, dot until the group eighter 1) get enough of it and go kill me 2) get enough of it and jump to water 3) alb zerg storm them and i gather lots of leech rps... And according to necro LT, this is working as intended. (lol)

Some smart m8 posted "don't hate the players, hate the game coding". If i could focus/DD through floors/walls i sure as hell would. I get rolled by bainshees every single day when i RvR by "wallhuggers" etc. Can i do anything about it? No. Do i report them? No. Why? Because i would do exactly the same!
When SI got here, necro's had this similar bug. However it got fixed rather fast. The bainshee problem have been here way to long without being fixed. And my guess is, mythic crew isn't good enough for it! They took "water over their heads" when they implanted this class. Their solution is: "No! You can't play your char like that. Stop it or we'll ban you for it!". Now what would happen if someone DID do it by accident? Is it fair to be banned for that, even if the caster stoped nuking as soon as he/she saw that he/she was hitting someone behind the wall while the person who got hit screenshotted it and RightNow'ed? ...

Release - have a beer - buff up - learn that ppl will always abuse this - change tactics - kill em! That's what i do! /flex

out

(bring it on!)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:
that bianshee is facing near straith into the wall, to his left he has maybe a 20% arc of view in his front that is not wall, that could thus contain a possible legal target. it`s the nature of the 180% arc. that area seems well cover by the picture (at least the part where the bianshee could have LoS on a target) and i don`t see anything resembling a legal target.

Cause you see the top of the bridge for example, where something might be bending over to LT or whatever? Yada yada :|

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
noaim said:
Necros were just as popular as bainshees, albs were just alot faster with abusing it than hibs have been.

Now that is just complete BS! Suggest you go look at chronicles and actually see how many RP's Necros have amassed over the years. On Excal there are only 5 above 300k rps and 8 on Pry. Compare that to Banshees you will see a bloody sight more. They have never been that popular in RvR (ages ago) due to LoS/arti issues. I can't ever remember seeing more than 2 to 3 active in RvR and anyone time. Hardly matches the FOTM banshee/warlock roll.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
etc etc etc

Iam not sure what you are trying here. But one thing i want to add.I have seen you now for several Weeks pbaoeing People through solid Walls (and just them), doublehitting People in Rams etc.And you always come up with the Bainshee thing. But let me tell you something. You aren't better then those. In fact i would say you are even worse because you are trying to justify your own actions with the bugabusers of the other realms.

Poor

(I don't play Mages at all. And i hate all Bug Abusers! That includes my own Realmmates!)

marihuana

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
i could have been just spamming pbaoe because there was going to run someone through the door or down from the ladder...

thats why i cone on bridges too i cant help my range is better than urs or ?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus said:
However the real issue here, is not the people abusing bugs but the fact the bugs exist and are not getting fixed. Its not just the people getting the deathblows abusing bridges but also the people casting mez which goes thorugh walls it shouldnt, ae effects bla bla. the entire bridges are entirely bugged, if they cant fix them then they should be taken out the game.
I am sorry but that's totally BS, that's the only real issue here. Or you do it or you don't. And CBA to explain you why, if you were mature enough you should know.

Muylatrix, i'm only playing mid and i got pbaoed inside a keep without LOS by you (at nott few weeks ago) so there you go, not only hibs whining at you.

All of you keep having fun abusing and cheating in a game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom