Nuking through walls

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/Sollac/sshot078.jpg

i can say beyond reasonable doubt that this bianshee had no valid target possibly.

wrong, target can be uptop and he might be mixing cones+DD to avoid getting killed by stealthers. can also be so that his target just hopped in on other side of the wall and he just automatically keep on DDing, can be so that his target is behind him too but u cant see it, or it can be so that his target hopped down in water on the right.

You cant prove anything at all with that ss, only viable evidence is serverlogs that show if he actually clicked targets, nuked without any target at all, etc.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:
Now that is just complete BS! Suggest you go look at chronicles and actually see how many RP's Necros have amassed over the years. On Excal there are only 5 above 300k rps and 8 on Pry. Compare that to Banshees you will see a bloody sight more. They have never been that popular in RvR (ages ago) due to LoS/arti issues. I can't ever remember seeing more than 2 to 3 active in RvR and anyone time. Hardly matches the FOTM banshee/warlock roll.

uhm, are you aware of the fact that around 2½ years ago, the list on prydwen for albion went like this in popularity of the lvl50s totally:

clerics
necros
paladins (wtf?!)
infiltrators
scouts
minstrels
etc
yada
rest
of
the
gimps

Says something doesnt it? :) Dont know the numbers for excal and didnt care back then either but I can imagine the numbers was similar.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Our stance is this:
You shouldn't be able to AoE (any type - cone, point-blank, ground-target) through frontiers structures. This includes outpost pieces, bridges and milegates. This was supposed to be fixed with 1.84 and clearly it wasn't. Until it is fixed then our policy remains the same as it was before the fix was announced. Any Bainshee (or other AoEer) who has a legitimate target (in range and in LoS) can cast and if they happen to hit targets that are not in LoS then it is not considered abuse. Anyone who systematically abuses the LoS issue by casting 'blind' without at least one legitimate target however is cheating. We are watching the RvR flashpoints and will first warn, then suspend any casters who are found to be in breach of this. It's difficult for us to follow up reports after the fact but we are actively policing primetime RvR.

kinda says it all, watch your steps Muylatrix, just as any other bainshee should.

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
uhm, are you aware of the fact that around 2½ years ago, the list on prydwen for albion went like this in popularity of the lvl50s totally:

clerics
necros
paladins (wtf?!)
infiltrators
scouts
minstrels
etc
yada
rest
of
the
gimps

Says something doesnt it? :) Dont know the numbers for excal and didnt care back then either but I can imagine the numbers was similar.

Says that some albs like PvE? :)

Could see the list as :
Buffbots
PvE casting monkehs
PvE tanking monkehs
etc etc

Seems more likely, i can't remember there ever being a zerg of fotm necro's in rvr but then again i could be wrong :m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Shike said:

clerics
necros
paladins (wtf?!)
infiltrators
scouts
minstrels
etc
yada
rest
of
the
gimps

As Mufasa stated they were mostly PvE bots for cash farming. Hell I made two necros 1 sight, 1 servant and have 3 BB's. Don't think it says alot. RP's are a better indicator of what's being played in RvR and that what the issue was about LoS abuse in RvR.

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
Does storms come under the title of bug abuse? surely you should be shielded from a effects of a storm in you are inside a bridge/tower?
nothing more annoying than a storm interupting you!
not saying that the people doing this are bug abusing, just that is it classed as a pbaoe spell?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hawkwind said:
those hundreds of fotm rvr necros must have been such a huge problem
They were actually pretty popular back in the day when they could lock on a target and keep spamming nukes thru keep walls long after losing LoS.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:
As Mufasa stated they were mostly PvE bots for cash farming. Hell I made two necros 1 sight, 1 servant and have 3 BB's. Don't think it says alot. RP's are a better indicator of what's being played in RvR and that what the issue was about LoS abuse in RvR.

Maeloch said:
They were actually pretty popular back in the day when they could lock on a target and keep spamming nukes thru keep walls long after losing LoS.

sure they were PVEbots too but.. as Maeloch said, there was necros hiding in walls and shit everywhere, dunno how many I reported totally but it was quite a few. Then when it got fixed and ppl got banned it slowed down alot. What Im saying is, not only bains does this, not only hibs does it, everyone who can does it. Its abit sad but thats just how it is. Ultimately I blame Mythic and GOA for not doing enough to fix this serious problem but also the players abusing it aswell ofc but, history shows that if there is a trix to use, alot of people will use it and thats that. When warlocks got introduced with their insane initial DPS there was loads around, when sorcs could SOI and MoC at same time there was loads of sorcs running around, when they could charm pets that had see hidden loads of people ran with that, etc etc. Some people just love to be overpowered, some people abuse everything they can for that precious RPfix they so badly need, some people just dont give a crap.

Atm the best thing to do is, avoid the places where this can be abused until it get fixed.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Now that is just complete BS! Suggest you go look at chronicles and actually see how many RP's Necros have amassed over the years. On Excal there are only 5 above 300k rps and 8 on Pry. Compare that to Banshees you will see a bloody sight more. They have never been that popular in RvR (ages ago) due to LoS/arti issues. I can't ever remember seeing more than 2 to 3 active in RvR and anyone time. Hardly matches the FOTM banshee/warlock roll.

The weeks they could nuke through walls they everywhere, and if you played then you know that. Noone gives a fuck about how active necros are now, or how many rp´s they got, the whole point is that during the short time they could abuse, alot did it, and alot faster than the hibs have done it with bainshees.

Also curious what use GTAE is if you cant use it to nuke through walls, it has recasttime and shit damage, its only point is that you dont need los. Pop stealthers with?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:

The period that lasted was a month. It was fixed very quickly (by today's standards). I remember Noaim's whines over a relic raid that happened at that time...was great :D

Muppet

Fledgling Freddie
I will kind of agree to some posters that it needs to be fixed because it isnt just bainshees, ice wizard and necro's. Its also shrooms, crystal titans in walls, chanters (not saying they did on purpose, just mentioned that it happend) and probably some other stuff noone/few have found out yet.

Basically that needs to be "fixed", preferably asap. The flame wars on FH about this wont motivate mythic to finally fix it properly

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Until it is fixed then our policy remainsthe same as it was before the fix was announced. Any Bainshee (or other AoEer) who has a legitimate target (in range and in LoS) can cast

since when do you need a legitimate target with pbaoe or gtaoe ?

requiel sounds confused here to me tbh.

according to me he wanted to say :

Requiel said:
Until it is fixed then our policy remains the same as it was before the fix was announced. Any CAOE or FAOE user who has a legitimate target (in range and in LoS) can cast

or :

Requiel said:
Until it is fixed then our current policy has changed to Any Bainshee (or other AoEer) who has a legitimate target (in range and in LoS) can cast

if he ment the later, that means exit reavers, ice wizards, servant necros, mana chanters, mana eldritches, SMs, warlocks, smite clerics (pbaoe CC), in short, anything with pbaoe because it becomes illegal to do anything still that has been considered normal since start. hitting pbaoe because you THINK there is a stealher has become an offense ? and so has pbaoe spamming at the ladders in structures ? since when, lol.

has it become illegal now to place a GT somewhere and cast gtaoe damage spells it from the other side of the wall ?? seriously ?? rofl.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

or :

if he ment the later, that means exit reavers, ice wizards, servant necros, mana chanters, mana eldritches, SMs, warlocks, smite clerics (pbaoe CC), in short, anything with pbaoe because it becomes illegal to do anything still that has been considered normal since start. hitting pbaoe because you THINK there is a stealher has become an offense ? and so has pbaoe spamming at the ladders in structures ? since when, lol.

has it become illegal now to place a GT somewhere and cast gtaoe damage spells it from the other side of the wall ?? seriously ?? rofl.

I guess so, because the game cant get fixed, (not like we pay stupid amounts of money for it) they change the "rules" Im a bainshee, Ive always said I would rather the bug be fixed. Guess instead of fixing it they will just suspend people to keep the public "happy"

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

or :

Well if u hitting pbaoe to check for stealthers why on earth u whining then?
Maybe all the bainshees on top of a bridge or beside bridge what ever just CAOE just cause they think they saw a stealther?Tell me whats wrong in this picture then muy

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:

Good to see you got the point of his post.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
here's a good idea to stop cheating on bridges, fix the them.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
I find it very strange that only hibs whine about me pbaoeing through walls.

I find it even stranger that it`s especially bainshees and to lesser degree some chanters and eldritches who find it worthy of mentioning.

So far (i am not familiar with all alts from every poster on FH, lol) no reall complaints from mids yet.

yes getting hit through the wall sucks. for everyone.

yes it got worse with this patch. for everyone.

I found out that people generally have no clue of what hit them really.

the amount of time i hear `omg at that bianshee abusing` while the said bianshee was doing nothing illegal.

the amount of times people (A) get hit with ae damage in general and scream `nerf` when it was someone standing close to them (B) who was the perfectly legal target and (A) just suffered from ae-fallof damage.

too many people think if they get hit with something and can`t do /lastattacker that something dodgy has happened.

Yesterday i noticed that a crystal titan can hit through the same walls that ae damage goes through...

is that abuse if your titan hits someone through a wall ?

right now, the situation is soo buggy...

its obvious m8. they want to show that bainshee have the right to do it and its not legal to them

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
here's a good idea to stop cheating on bridges, fix the them.

Dont camp bridges with casters is probably for alot of gamers a far better 'fix' :D

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
uspe said:
its obvious m8. they want to show that bainshee have the right to do it and its not legal to them

No not really. The nuking through the wall by any char is lame. Before the bainshee, lots of pboa'rs nuked in the corner (still do btw) of the keep to kill the people on the ram. Some are so good at it, its impossible to stay on the ram.
What makes the hib population upset that you blaim the bainshee in particulair, while its bin done in all 3 realms (necro's still do, remember trying to take hurb with hib relic and necro oiling with pet inside the wall).
Done by anyone its lame, however you can (almost) never be certain if someone does it intentionally.

pip

Banned
Puppet said:
Dont camp bridges with casters is probably for alot of gamers a far better 'fix' :D
lol just roam about and find nothing but fg with speed wanting to wear your ass as a mask:(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
pip said:
lol just roam about and find nothing but fg with speed wanting to wear your ass as a mask:(

This how we like you the best pip.

pip

Banned
Wish they fix soulj water crap tbh:( was hoping they did i tryed it out few times today at odins:) sz to all that i owned there due to no fix:twak:

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
No not really. The nuking through the wall by any char is lame. Before the bainshee, lots of pboa'rs nuked in the corner (still do btw) of the keep to kill the people on the ram. Some are so good at it, its impossible to stay on the ram.
What makes the hib population upset that you blaim the bainshee in particulair, while its bin done in all 3 realms (necro's still do, remember trying to take hurb with hib relic and necro oiling with pet inside the wall).
Done by anyone its lame, however you can (almost) never be certain if someone does it intentionally.

maybe you r right m8. but if so why ppl showing ( at least to me) that thats thier opinion.
anyway yes i agree its lame.

hmmm necro nuking through walls??? hmmmm i got a 50 lvl necro he is half r for rvr. ty for tip :flame:

Gamah

Banned
Tuthmes said:
No not really. The nuking through the wall by any char is lame.

Thats funny, I don't remeber you complaining when I did it on my Bainshee and you were getting rpt's...

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Also curious what use GTAE is if you cant use it to nuke through walls, it has recasttime and shit damage, its only point is that you dont need los. Pop stealthers with?

GTAoE is for interrupts, any open structure, bridges and keeps/towers with doors open, can have a gtaoe that's out of sight for the caster, casting it as the tanks / pbaoe'ers go up the ladder / staircase will disrupt the aoe mezzers ( if your lucky ) , it's also useful when the healers are camped on one corner of a tower.

Archer Volley isn't gtaoe, but a single GT target with an area size attached to it. you can't volley into a bridge in the middle, but if you can get the GT target at the bottom of the upper ladder, so that it's open to the air , then it has a chance of hitting people within the 350 range , this is by design.

In a keep / tower , placing the GT on the ground floor before the door goes down you get.
Cannot volley into an enclosed structure.
as soon as the door is open, you can volley normally, same thing when attacking, once the doors are down you can volley into the lords room to interrupt people, if you set it before the door goes down it automatically gets put on the roof.

GTAoE / Volleying to get stealthers is pointless, pbaoe has a much higher chance of getting someone as they could be close to you :)

For me, I'll pbaoe with the ice wizzy when stood in the center of a tower / bridge, for stealthers. but won't do the same thing while stood against a wall when surrounded by fellow albs.

I've never had pbaoe hit from the roof of a tower into the lords room , but you do get hits from standing above the ladder and looking down, people within range at the bottom of the ladder get hit. that's working as intended no?

Deer.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Deerstalker said:
GTAoE is for interrupts, any open structure, bridges and keeps/towers with doors open, can have a gtaoe that's out of sight for the caster, casting it as the tanks / pbaoe'ers go up the ladder / staircase will disrupt the aoe mezzers ( if your lucky ) , it's also useful when the healers are camped on one corner of a tower.

Archer Volley isn't gtaoe, but a single GT target with an area size attached to it. you can't volley into a bridge in the middle, but if you can get the GT target at the bottom of the upper ladder, so that it's open to the air , then it has a chance of hitting people within the 350 range , this is by design.

In a keep / tower , placing the GT on the ground floor before the door goes down you get.
Cannot volley into an enclosed structure.
as soon as the door is open, you can volley normally, same thing when attacking, once the doors are down you can volley into the lords room to interrupt people, if you set it before the door goes down it automatically gets put on the roof.

GTAoE / Volleying to get stealthers is pointless, pbaoe has a much higher chance of getting someone as they could be close to you :)

For me, I'll pbaoe with the ice wizzy when stood in the center of a tower / bridge, for stealthers. but won't do the same thing while stood against a wall when surrounded by fellow albs.

I've never had pbaoe hit from the roof of a tower into the lords room , but you do get hits from standing above the ladder and looking down, people within range at the bottom of the ladder get hit. that's working as intended no?

Deer.

So where is the limit for whats abuse and what is not? You aint allowed to cast gtae through walls, but you are allowed to cast it through roofs? Or out of LoS? If its an open door and you place groundtarget inside, you have to stand where you can see it to use it, otherwise you would be casting it through a wall. I think, as usual, GOA responded without thinking.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Thats funny, I don't remeber you complaining when I did it on my Bainshee and you were getting rpt's...

ofc noone complains when they get rp, but oooh nooo if they get killed by pbaoe while standing to close to their beloved bianshee and gaining rp for whailing through the wall. cheering for gaining rp from abuse and scream bloody murder when the trick gets used agianst them. hipocrisy.

Why do yo think that 95% of all whines about ice wizards are made by bianshees or people grouped with them ?

i still have to see whines from mids.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
About time they fixed the bridge bug! only took em a month or two?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
If only they had fixed it by removing bridges, the world would be a much happier place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom