NTL lag

T

tris-

i have spoken to kemor, opentransit and rightnow. kemor has passed my info onto their admins, opentransit say it is NTLs fault and they are contacting them and rightnow say they have passed the info onto the admins.

T

tris-

sucess! -

"There may be a problem on packets returning through Sprint toward you. Here
is an attempted traceroute from our router to your IP:

PASBB2>traceroute ----------

Type escape sequence to abort.
Tracing the route to --------- (-------)

1 sl-gw10-par-5-1.sprintlink.net (213.206.131.41) [AS 1239] 0 msec 212
msec 0 msec
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 *
PASBB2>

I would recommend to report this problem to Sprint. We will continue
investigating on our side.

Regards,
Hazim"

i suggest we all spam sprint with emails quoting everything weve been told. (noc@sprint.net)

S

sorus

ooohhhh

Keep us posted please really would like to be able to play sometime this weekend.

T

tris-

Re: ooohhhh

Originally posted by sorus
Keep us posted please really would like to be able to play sometime this weekend.

well if you can download pingplotter and send the graph to noc@sprint.net it will probably help to fix this faster.

T

TocaTank

message sent to sprint, my pingplotter also goes tits up at sprint, so ive sent them an email telling whats happening too.

Maybe this problem can get resolved ASAP.

A

acei

Oh a quick mishap i forgot to point out when the NTL lady pinged and did a tracert to my IP address she had several problems, she's ordered the problems be looked into by NTL technical support :)

F

F.I.V

I've also sent a PP graph to Sprint, it was crapping out at roughly the same spot, so hopefully this will all be solved soon enough.

You guys are doing a great job, its just a shame this didnt happen closer to the start of the week so we didnt risk a weekend gone by =/

A

acei

My upgrade from 150k to 600k was just completed by NTL (I made them rush it) no lag no daoc and patcher is working fine there is now no packet loss....

G

Gerta Ugbash

I've just downloaded a Beta for Fung Wan Online at 120K/s for 40 mins from somewhere in the far east and I can't stay connected a french server at about 5k/s for 5 minutes.

Recieved Response from Opentransit asking for Traceroutes and my IP, all done as requested.

/crosses fingers because connection is still sucky :(

A

acei

This shows how much i've been annoying NTL for the past few days ;) an hour ago (yes after 8pm!) i got a phone call saying they've COMPLETELY checked my NTL setup, my internet should now be working perfectly but now they've found problems on the set-top box so want to send round a engineer with a new box and possibly rewire it lol... it's good to moan :D

T

tris-

i think they are just doin it to shut you up :p seen as the problem IS with sprint.net

A

acei

Originally posted by n3wbie
i think they are just doin it to shut you up :p seen as the problem IS with sprint.net
Well the error has gone since they switched me to 600k so i'm happy now, hope all you guys get it fixed soon too.

T

tris-

i am looking at sprints website and i found this

SERVICE MANAGEMENT CENTER 1-800-877-5045, Option 5 Or +1-404-649-2596 Customer Support
& Ticket Management
** CALL SMC FIRST FOR ALL PHYSICAL CIRCUIT PROBLEMS

so does this mean we have to phone them first? if so, anyone fancy phoning them? :p

H

hardasnails

Originally posted by n3wbie
so does this mean we have to phone them first? if so, anyone fancy phoning them? :p

I'll give you 10g towards the call :D

T

tris-

ok i just phoned the first number, spoke to an american, told me to email noc@sprint.net, basically do everything i have already done so looks like we just have to wait. hmm only 50p to phone america for over 60 seconds? bargain!

T

tris-

also just phoned directly to the admin who also told me the same thing :rolleyes: but if anyone can actually speak to someone the name of the router is sl-gw10-par-15-0.sprintlink.net

D

darbey

any updates from anyone? I still cant get the patch down dies after a min or 2 d/l at 0.5kb

H

hardasnails

It would be nice if someone owned up and said they know there is a prob and are working on it. It seems everyone is passing the buck :wall:

W

Wolfeh

my ntl is absolutly fine :/ have yet to have a proper hickup with it myself ( soz i know it iant no consolation to the people with broken connections :|)

D

darbey

what part of country are you in? might be helpful if people mentioned what part of country they are ffrom. Im in Teesside.

T

TocaTank

im from teesside too, my friend is from stockton and has the same as problem as me...im from billingham

M

Myddrin

<< used to work for ntl broadband Tech Support!

many moons ago :)

G

grokk

laaagg

Lo peeps

well as some of u may no ive been trying to play the game recently but i keep going LD after about 10mins of play.
Things ive tried n tested.................

installed latest detonator drivers...also installed upto date nvidea drivers just incase detonatrs where crap..

renewed me n/work card n memory

ran benchtests on gpx card....tests where good

tested connection with bandwidth checker....result 554.8..on a 512k cable line

Checked with ISP...test ok.....ISP also gave me a proxy to run on for the moment

Ran defrag n scandisk

ran restore on pc to a date where i had no problems

Re-installed DAOC

AM NOW TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCHES 64MG WORTH!!!!!! and guess wot???
my connection to patch server is giving me download speed of 2 - 10kb/sec also it keeps cuttin off ie. service is not responding .

got it downloaded when i awoke this morning (took all night lol )

Tried to play game again and lagged out again within 10 mins of play.

I log into ip : 193.252.123.177

So i guess my problem is actually daocs servers??

Ny ideas ??? Heellllllppppppppppppp

P.S

I also live in cleveland north east england

D

darbey

Its not your machine, Im in Hartlepool (Teesside) and it is one of the routers between NTL and GOA's server. I myself have the same problem and cannot d/l the patch. Get less than 1kb a sec before it dies after a minute or 2.
Guess its not even gonna be looked at until next week .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom