NTL lag

G

Gerta Ugbash

I'm now communicating with an Area Manager for NTL who has said he can see there is a problem and they are looking into it. Also even if it is Opentransit they are going to go into it further with them to repair the fault.
However I have recieved a reply from RightNow saying they have a fault and are looking into it.
Amazing in a couple of days we have had them all denying to them all admitting a fault.
Ahh well hopefully they are goin to sort it soon enough.

/Touches wood

H

hardasnails

\o/ \o/ \o/

In game now, no lag and traces show no losses on same route :D

Hope I am not premature in saying well done to those who fixed it :)

G

Gerta Ugbash

Traceroutes looking good time to log in and have a proper looksie

A

Axuk

and now NTL warwickshire

my usually excelent connection has now been terrible for three days... lag.. spikes.. and LDs.....

N

ntl_support

Hello all,

I work for NTL Broadband Support and I can assure you we are doing our best to resolve this issue for you as soon as we can. We are still conducting tests to discover where the problem actually lies but it would be helpful if any NTL users experiencing these problems could send me some trace routes direct to :

dave.muirhead@ntl.com

The more information we can obtain the better chance we have of identifying the problem and fixing it. Some of the information I have been sent already by some of you is proving to be very helpful but the more we can get the faster we can fix things. Still not 100% certain that the fault does lie within NTL or whether this is an issue between Sprintnet and Opentransit. Any further info you can provide would be appreciated.

Our tests at the moment are showing that the packet loss problems have cleared...can some users please confirm?

rgds

NTL Support

F

F.I.V

Hmm, I'm still at college for another couple of hours but I'll try when I get home, seems like the problem is solved looking at people's comments though, so even if it is a little premature, congrats to GOA, NTL, Sprintlink and Opentransit for finally working together to solve this problem.

N

ntl_support

We've changed the routing to the French servers. Last trace routes we have done have been running for some hours with zero packet loss problems. Thanks to all of you who have highlighted this issue and please accept my apologies for the frustration that this has caused. This was a very complex fault and proved very difficult to diagnose. I'm only sorry we couldn't have fixed this sooner for you. Happy gaming!

rgds

NTL Support

F

F.I.V

Works like a charm! Wooo!

I can actually ride a horse again! ;)

S

spydor

This is the first time that I've seen NTL go out of there way to help the gaming community & I'd like to say well done guys :)

Nice job NTL - see it really doesn't hurt to help your customers ;)

thx

F

Faeldawn

RANT ON-

Speaking from personal experience, NTL are the worst ISP on the market.

Have used most isp's at one time or another, i found NTL to be oversubscribed, very unstable, ZERO, yes absolute ZERO customer support.

So for MR. ntl_support, stop fekkin around on webboards and ANSWER THE FEKKIN PHONE!

-RANT OFF

Peace ;)

G

Gerta Ugbash

Originally posted by Faeldawn
RANT ON-

Speaking from personal experience, NTL are the worst ISP on the market.

Have used most isp's at one time or another, i found NTL to be oversubscribed, very unstable, ZERO, yes absolute ZERO customer support.

So for MR. ntl_support, stop fekkin around on webboards and ANSWER THE FEKKIN PHONE!

-RANT OFF

Peace ;)

They can't afford enough dave's to answer all our nagging calls, I contacted by Email so I guess the message got to someone who knows what they're doing.

Personal experience I suppose, but must say I've had Cable through NTL for a couple of years now and have only had loss of service a couple of times. It has always been a stable connection for me and my setup, are you sure it's been the ISP's and not the hardware?

Anyway many thanks to Dave and his team who I have been in touch with for the last couple of days. Who have reasured me that despite there telephone support they do have people working for them that know how to do thier job and do it well.

Keep up the Good Work and thanks again.

D

darbey

Nice work on fixing this problem Mr Dave of NTL . Its just a shame it took so much effort to get someone to take this seriously. Took many phone calls and emails. If i may offer my view of things. These companies need to remember not all gamers are spotty 14 year old oiks, many are seasoned IT professionals in many different fields who really dont like being taken for a mug by someone running through a call script and doing so called troubleshooting which is entirely irrelevant.

Anyhow nice one for sorting the problem.

T

tris-

look dont fuck around with NTL tech support, just go on nthell chat and tell moo schmoo or ignition.

G

Gerta Ugbash

Dude I've got hold of the bosses again, they rang me at 9.30 AM this morning to say they're on it.

Mr ntl_support rang me himself, I've passed him information required, if anyone any useful info his Email is
dave.muirhead@ntl.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom