NOOB question

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
hi just been in cammy went to run over the round table and something strange happened

throw me in the air and said the round table ejects you You are not worthy to sit on the perilous siege

ne 1 know why or what or even where i lost do i have to do a quest or something

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Its been like that for quite a while now m8...not sure why...just throws you up in the air..lightning bolts you and plants you on your ass OFF the table !!. It is prolly connected to something...not a damn clue what though. Would be nice if a GM came along and shed some light on it...some Alb gimick, or there for a purpose. I am sure others would like to know...same as that damn cat..and those 3 irritating kids that take the piss and follow you around (like having my own kids ingame !!) (o:

rure

Fledgling Freddie
that thing still around?

that thingy has been there for ages but I have never heard what it actually does. except throwing you up in the air

Xplo

Banned
Can GM's please say if there is a quest for it or if it is just a game feature.

It's one of daoc's ancient secrets tbh ;<

kelless

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think it's part of a quest or anything , but u just can't go jumping on the round table now can you ?

I would like to know what the deal is with the cat though .

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Saw a fg once standing on the table all dressed in the same guild colors and it didnt shoot em up in deh air.... been wondering about it ever since, and that mustve been about a year and a half ago.... Asked via rightnow back then, still havent received any reply.

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
Can GM's please say if there is a quest for it or if it is just a game feature.

It's one of daoc's ancient secrets tbh ;<

yeah pls tell GM

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Saw a fg once standing on the table all dressed in the same guild colors and it didnt shoot em up in deh air.... been wondering about it ever since, and that mustve been about a year and a half ago

Many guilds used to hold guildmeetings on the round table. The thrown-in-the-air effect was introduced in some patch, can´t remember when, but a year and a half sounds realistic.
Maybe the designers just don´t want people to run around on Arthurs desk or something. Then again, there were some rumours saying, that this feature is connected to an event of some sort... somethin with a "chosen one" and the one has to prove this by stepping on the des w/o being bounced. Rumours, rumours.

The Camelot cat on the other hand is cool. (Mainly because cats are cool. If it was a dog, it would suck :)). It´s the perfect satisfaction for all the tamagochi-junkies out there. :)

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Round table been like that for ages, think it's a simple *do not walk on the round table* kinda thing goin on there.

As for the cat and the kids, you ever wondered what the RPG part of MMORPG stood for? ;)

hint: if yer bored, buy some fish from the guy at the market and feed the cat

Mall

Fledgling Freddie
Would you run and stand on a table at home? Possibly not, but if you did you would get shouted at and told to get off. I think this is what they are doing, giving you a slap and telling you not to stand on the table.

Cats and Kids and the village idiot (Drunken guy), the old lady who owns the cat, market stalls with vendors, how many towns do you go to that don't have either of these features :) Maybe one patch soon there will be a dog introduced and that will chase the cat around. Give the cat a bird to chase imo, ofc they will never catch each other, this is after all a game where young ppl play and don't need the traumer of said dog ripping said kitty to shreds ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
The Siege Perilous is from the Arthurian myth. It was the seat reserved for the Knight who would find the holy grail. It was fatal for anyone else to sit in it, until Sir Galahad came along.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, not everyone can sit at the Roundtable imho! Maybe it awaits Arthur and his knights :D

/roleplaying off

Gaspless

Fledgling Freddie
PVP [Camlann] you can sit on the table without problems, don't throw you off or lightning your ass ;)

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
You just have to know the trick to sit on it, i sit on it often, though only with one of my alts..........

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Are those midgets still around that follow you all over the place if you're an Inconnu and shout racist comments?

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Well a lot of guilds used to have "meetings" around the table, and you'd nearly always get a couple of guys coming along and jumping all over it. Maybe there is a role player over at Mythic, who hated his guild meetings being disturbed by such behaviour, so he booby trapped the table ;)

More likely though it was introduced in preparation for some sort of quest/event, but they never got around to finishing it :D

Usosan

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
More likely though it was introduced in preparation for some sort of quest/event, but they never got around to finishing it :D

Or perhaps they did finish it :eek6: And theres one char in the realm thats able to sit on the table, and maybe take the role of King or Queen :eek2:

IMO everyone try sitting on the table with every char you own, you never know you may be the new ruler or Alb :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom