• PS3

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe :)

Well I have a Wii and a 360 myself. Have been offered a PS3 but am going to wait for a bit and see if the mrs is bothered.

Seriously I have never understood X is better than Y console arguments because I have always bought more than one machine.

VCS - Colecovision

ZX80/ZX81/ZX Spectrum/Sinclair QL - Pet/Oric/Dragon/BBC Model B/Acorn Electron/Commodore 16/Commodore 64

Atari ST - Commodore Amiga/CD32

NES/SNES/N64/GC/GBA SP/DS/Wii - PS1/PS2/PSP - Megadrive/PC Engine/Atari Jaguar/Vectrex/Atari Lynx/Game Gear/Neo Geo/Dreamcast

Blimey, that makes for sad reading lol. I have had more consoles/PC's than that too, was just trying to scribble down what I've owned and realise how much money I've pissed up the wall on games woot :)

I always like the launch of new consoles, its fun trying to predict if it will be a hit or not.

Anyways I shall let you carry on the "debate" ;)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved

Well I have a Wii and a 360 myself. Have been offered a PS3 but am going to wait for a bit and see if the mrs is bothered.

Seriously I have never understood X is better than Y console arguments because I have always bought more than one machine.

VCS - Colecovision

ZX80/ZX81/ZX Spectrum/Sinclair QL - Pet/Oric/Dragon/BBC Model B/Acorn Electron/Commodore 16/Commodore 64

NES/SNES/N64/GC/GBA SP/DS/Wii - PS1/PS2/PSP - Megadrive/PC Engine/Atari Jaguar/Vectrex/Atari Lynx/Game Gear/Neo Geo/Dreamcast

Blimey, that makes for sad reading lol. I have had more consoles/PC's than that too, was just trying to scribble down what I've owned and realise how much money I've pissed up the wall on games woot :)

I always like the launch of new consoles, its fun trying to predict if it will be a hit or not.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved

VCS - Colecovision

leggy

Probably Scottish
heh Xtro.

3 duplicate posts at 4.40am and you used the word 'lol' in a post. Must have been a good night :).

leggy

Probably Scottish
ST^ said:
Games? You realise Okami, FF12, and God of War 2 are still to hit the UK (GoW2 the world..)? That's as good a lineup you'll ever see.

Awesome lineup indeed, I will be buying all 3 and would have done so already if I had ever bothered to mod my ps2.

There's a good few years in my ps2 yet.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Legz0r :)

hmm it was, just woke up.

Use of the word LOL is indeed more worrying than the triple post tbh yes.

I AM TEH TEEN! :mad:

Sar

Part of the furniture
ST^ said:
Can't aim as in the Wiimote is about as accurate as Stevie Wonder trying to hit a bullseye.

Not to mention the poor reaction speed.

Blame your spastic hands, not Nintendo.

Then go play Wii Play: the balloon shooting game.

Not accurate? Unresponsive?

Bullshit.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wii/Nintendo Winning the race so far

from Yahoo Games news:

Of all the pundits that tried to call the console race before Christmas, few predicted the Nintendo Wii, with its modest hardware and oddball control system, would still be lining up the punters in March. 436,000 Wiis sold in January, beating the Xbox 360 and PS3 handily, and there's no sign of the pace slackening. The handheld DS is doing nearly as well, tightening Nintendo's 18-year stranglehold on the portable market and capitalizing on its first-rate software selection. A total of 635,000 new Nintendo systems made their way home with eager U.S. purchasers in the supposedly quiet post-holiday period.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeatureeid=509116&page=0

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Gotta say it still makes me smile :)

My mate who is a manager at Curries reckons that the company have 9k ps3's coming in on release day only 2k of them have been pre-ordered. so for anyone thinking of making some cash on Ebay please try :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
There has been a suspicous shortage of wii's for the last few weeks as well, I would stake that Ninty are hoarding stock to hit the shelves when Ps3 does.

The price of the ps3 is putting customers off, I think that a lot of families will go for the cheaper option of the Wii, leaving hardcore gamers to support the ps3 at launch. And I do not see the ps3 selling out on launch day either, whatever spin Sony put on the sales.

Calaen

There has been a suspicous shortage of wii's for the last few weeks as well, I would stake that Ninty are hoarding stock to hit the shelves when Ps3 does.

The price of the ps3 is putting customers off, I think that a lot of families will go for the cheaper option of the Wii, leaving hardcore gamers to support the ps3 at launch. And I do not see the ps3 selling out on launch day either, whatever spin Sony put on the sales.

So close to Christmas, parents aint gonna be willing to pay over £400 pounds for a new gadget for their 11-15 year old kid.

Sony have other ideas :)

http://www.n4g.com/wii/News-30264.aspx

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It's less than a week til PS3 and shops such as WHSMith and HMV are asking people to pre-order. In WHSmith they asked me because the till told them to when I bought a gaming mag. Speaking to the woman at the counter she said they'd got precisely one pre-order and that was the shop manager! I doubt there'll be any problem picking one up off the shelf on release day or for the foreseeable future afterwards.

I've had every console (including handhelds) on release day for last 4 or 5 years. I won't be getting a PS3 until there's actually a game on it I want to play and can't play on my 360 or PC.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gotta say it still makes me smile :)

My mate who is a manager at Curries reckons that the company have 9k ps3's coming in on release day only 2k of them have been pre-ordered. so for anyone thinking of making some cash on Ebay please try :)

Already sold most of mine, made around £200 profit on each and i am keeping one for myself.

Rich kids have to have the must have gadget and mummy/daddy will happily pay to keep their spoilt mouths shut.

Thank you Sony for the quick buck!

I used what i made to buy a holiday in may to California for 2 weeks.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
whoever is buying them off you is bloody retarded

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Booking a holiday to CA is more retarded tbh tbh.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

I only pay for the flight + money as my family already have a villa out there.

Panic Buyer Johnny Consumer is buying them off me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Lol :)

Got a m8 who works as a console games developer (Timesplitters series is prolly the best known he's worked on). They've had a PS3 for bleeding ages (got it with their dev kits) and he told me that after the first two days they stopped using it.

Wii and (if you must) 360 are the way forward. The PS3's no more powerful, bloody expensive and the blu-ray DVD player is going to make sense only if you've decided that it's wise to re-buy your DVD collection again...

Gonna buy me a Wii (but I'm not in a rush - a mate has one so I play against him a lot) and stick with my plethora of PC's. The rest of my cash is going towards paying my gaff off and then taking me round the world for a couple of years - something X could have done years ago if he wasn't a gamer by the look of it ;)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Cheeky boi! :p

Already done it mate, still manage to buzz off to other locales now and then too :)

Serbia next for the Exit festival ;)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Since you know people from Free Radical, any chance on some Time Splitter news? :D

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
forgive me if this has been asked before, and I'm sure it has I just can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but is the wii as good as I've been hearing, I trust the opinion of the great freddy'shouse posters (no sarcasm intended)

Calaen

Putting it simply, it is a fun no frills console. You want great graphics buy a 360 or ps3.

The games list is not as good as it could be yet, but there is more than enough games for a whole lot of fun, I recommend getting extra controllers for fun with family/friends. That is the main selling point of the Wii the multiplayer fun you can have.

The controls function is very nice, however beware of some games COD for example was just thrown out onto the console without any real thought of the control system. Where as Red Steel after the initial period of trying to get your head around the system is very nice.

Wii sports is outstanding again I advise having people to have a game of bowling or boxing with.

Zelda is worth playing, the control system adds a new dimension to the world of Link and friends.

Madden is fun, Tiger woods golf is good (not graphically), Red Steel, Monkey Ball (friends) and Rayman are decent. Each bringing something fresh and new to the table via the control system and the sheer stupidity of what you have to do to achieve level completion.

If you want to have fun, you have friends that will partake without having to buy some (see Aada) and you dont want to spend a fortune on something go buy a Wii.

Aada

Part of the furniture
forgive me if this has been asked before, and I'm sure it has I just can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but is the wii as good as I've been hearing, I trust the opinion of the great freddy'shouse posters (no sarcasm intended)

Ask yourself if like waiting 2 months between games and most of the games being released for the Wii are shit to be honest.

Europe gets shafted everytime by Nintendo on releases USA/Japan have double the titles we do its just pethetic i'm afraid.

However if your like Caleen and don't mind playing Mario Party everytime its released you'll love it!!!!!!!!!1

Calaen

Ask yourself if like waiting 2 months between games and most of the games being released for the Wii are shit to be honest.

Europe gets shafted everytime by Nintendo on releases USA/Japan have double the titles we do its just pethetic i'm afraid.

However if your like Caleen and don't mind playing Mario Party everytime its released you'll love it!!!!!!!!!1

Another post spoken by someone with no experience. You bought one and had no friends to play with so move along now. The guy is asking for an opinion based on actually knowledge.

You have not touched a Wii since the 15th of december so you have missed out on the facilities new releases available to the Wii.

It must be so hard being the only person to own a Wii that does not have anyone to play it with :( I pity you.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I'd avoid monkeyball and go for Kororinpa if that's the sort of game that floats your boat. The controls are sublime and it works perfectly.

As for not having much to play, fill your boots with Zelda, Sports, Excitetruck (awesome game), Kororinpa, Eledees (elebits abroad) and the others mentioned above. There'll be plenty more by the end of the year, make no mistake.

Plus at least you have the virtual console if you feel the need for a retro kick ;)

At least you won't need to sell your kidneys as you would for a PS3, AND there are games worth getting :)

Calaen

I'd avoid monkeyball and go for Kororinpa if that's the sort of game that floats your boat. The controls are sublime and it works perfectly.

As for not having much to play, fill your boots with Zelda, Sports, Excitetruck (awesome game), Kororinpa, Eledees (elebits abroad) and the others mentioned above. There'll be plenty more by the end of the year, make no mistake.

Plus at least you have the virtual console if you feel the need for a retro kick ;)

At least you won't need to sell your kidneys as you would for a PS3, AND there are games worth getting :)

Is kororinpa really that good?

Tilda

Theres a flight fighter game comming soonish that promises to be amazing. All these years of trying to press a key to bank just right, now you'll just be able to tilt the wiimote, I cant wait!

:D

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I think you're thinking of Heatseeker, it's already out, even over here in PAL-land.

Cal, it's great if you like that style of game. It's quite short, but there's loads to unlock, times to beat and multiplayer races are a hoot. The controls are exactly what monkeyball should've been, and it's cool being able to tilt in full 360 degree freedom.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Another post spoken by someone with no experience. You bought one and had no friends to play with so move along now. The guy is asking for an opinion based on actually knowledge.

You have not touched a Wii since the 15th of december so you have missed out on the facilities new releases available to the Wii.

It must be so hard being the only person to own a Wii that does not have anyone to play it with :( I pity you.

Facilities? oh you mean the weather channel? OMFG i'll go out now and buy a new Wii.

Your knowledge is so awsome really it is.

Now preorder Mario Party 8 and have fun.

Oh and i forgot to add the worst part about the Wii is they expect you to pay Xbox 360/PS3 game prices for games that look like the PS2 games you can usually get for 25-30 quid brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom